It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Investigators across Europe join search for ship

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Investigators across Europe join search for ship

news.yahoo.com

The crew had said that, on July 24, up to a dozen masked men had boarded, tied up the 15 crew members, questioned them about drug trafficking and beat them before leaving 12 hours later in a high-speed inflatable boat, the Malta Maritime Authority said.

The ship had been due to make port Aug. 4 in Algeria, but has not arrived and appeared to have changed course. The maritime authority said the Arctic Sea "has not approached the Straits of Gibraltar, which indicates that the ship headed out in the Atlantic Ocean."

Speculation on what might have happened has ranged from theories that it
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Something is up. I don't know what it is, but something is up.
In my opinion something is being smuggled.

" "They were dressed in black uniforms," the newspaper quoted the captain as saying. "They resembled American elite soldiers and seemed very professional. They said they were looking for coc aine, which should have been loaded in Kaliningrad. They spoke English, with some kind of accent." "

That right there from the article says something has to be going on.

Does anyone have any ideas or theories about it?

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I'm beginning to think this is some other country looking to "frame" the U.S.

If it really were US soldiers/CIA/etc....they would not have fled in a rubber boat! But it makes me a little uncomfortable that the general consensus is that the masked men "seemed to be American".

Great...like we don't start enough trouble all on our own!

But yeah -- this is a lot of manpower for timber.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by lpowell0627
I'm beginning to think this is some other country looking to "frame" the U.S.

If it really were US soldiers/CIA/etc....they would not have fled in a rubber boat! But it makes me a little uncomfortable that the general consensus is that the masked men "seemed to be American".

Great...like we don't start enough trouble all on our own!

But yeah -- this is a lot of manpower for timber.

Maybe it's radioactive nuclear timber! *ends sarcasm*

What if there was a tree that grows that is very radioactive, and they pretty much "grow" nukes? It sounds crazy, but look at all the other things nature can do.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

I should think it a little more logical that the timber was hollowed out or something rather than think nature is providing us with radioactive trees.

I don't think this has as much to do with what's on the ship, as I do starting to escalate problems between Russia and the US.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by lpowell0627
reply to post by Phlynx

I should think it a little more logical that the timber was hollowed out or something rather than think nature is providing us with radioactive trees.

I don't think this has as much to do with what's on the ship, as I do starting to escalate problems between Russia and the US.

Wow, why didn't I think of that? Am I really that stupid? That's one of those obvious AHA moments.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Is it conceivable.... and mind you this not a claim of fact, that there was no 'boarding' or 'masked men'?

This was reported by the missing crew, but never verified was it? Could they have 'stolen' the vessel themselves?

It is definitely a poor target for piracy, if we accept that timber was actually its actual cargo.

Also, pirates don't succeed in business if they prove untrustworthy of negotiation.

Is it possible that this is a criminal act between rival businesses? I assume we have the technology to determine if the ship is at the bottom of the channel? I can't believe that with all the surveillance equipment we ALL endure they actually only checked up on the vessels every few days....

Surely there is more than one scenario that we could explore - other than magic wood.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
Is it conceivable.... and mind you this not a claim of fact, that there was no 'boarding' or 'masked men'?

This was reported by the missing crew, but never verified was it? Could they have 'stolen' the vessel themselves?

It is definitely a poor target for piracy, if we accept that timber was actually its actual cargo.

Also, pirates don't succeed in business if they prove untrustworthy of negotiation.

Is it possible that this is a criminal act between rival businesses? I assume we have the technology to determine if the ship is at the bottom of the channel? I can't believe that with all the surveillance equipment we ALL endure they actually only checked up on the vessels every few days....

Surely there is more than one scenario that we could explore - other than magic wood.
You have to admit, my magic wood theory is a pretty cool idea. Growing nukes in your back yard. Just imagine it.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

Yeah, that "wood" be a game changer ....

(sorry)

new topics

top topics

join