It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: IDF soldier kidnapped near Ben Gurion Airport

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Breaking: IDF soldier kidnapped near Ben Gurion Airport

israelmatzav.blogspot.com

The 'Palestinian' news agency Maan is reporting that an IDF soldier has been kidnapped near Ben Gurion Airport and is being held somewhere near Bethlehem (Hat Tip: Eliyahu P).
Israeli authorities said they were investigating reports of the capture of a soldier near Ben Gurion International Airport, in the center of the country, on Thursday.

“The matter is being investigated,” a military spokesperson told Ma’an when asked about the reports.

A previously unknown group calling itself the “Al-Quds Army” claimed responsibility for the reported capture in a statement sent to Ma�
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Ok so this is the reason for the big security operation in Central Israel (Tel Aviv) . .

This is potentially huge because the 2006 Lebanon war was started after Hezbolah kidnapped 2 IDF soldiers.

I am going to be keeping a close eye on developments, as this region is extremely volatile right now, and could explode into war at any moment. Israel is surrounded by enemys, and even though there are rumours of a peace deal being close... they are only rumours. The reality is Israel is on the brink of all out war, and it's an incident like this that could be the spark that egnites the flames of World War 3.

Look for a military response against who ever is blamed for the kidnapping, and for Hezbolah and or Hamas to become involved... all hell will break lose from there, and may end up with Syria, Iran, Russia the USA plus many more involved.

This is serious folks.

israelmatzav.blogspot.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 13-8-2009 by savetimerushonline]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
wasn't this the cause of the last dust up over there?

kidnapping a soldier is downright moronic. Israel will do what they feel is necessary, destruction and death on both sides will follow and, really, who wins?

Weapons makers.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
wasn't this the cause of the last dust up over there?

kidnapping a soldier is downright moronic. Israel will do what they feel is necessary, destruction and death on both sides will follow and, really, who wins?

Weapons makers.

If only you could get Allah or Jesus, or Abraham or some other Supreme Being or Prophet to communicate this to the appropriate people!!

I don't think they will take our word for it, they haven't learned anything in the last 3000 years, why should 2009 be any different?

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
This could get ugly very fast.
"Al-Quds Army" -A previously unknown group! Yea, that will be right. Never heard off, but they mange to kidnapped a IDF solider in Israel and get out with no problem.

Lets wait and see who Israel link them with- Hamas or Hezbollah? I guess it will be who ever Israel want to bomb next. I don't buy this one bit.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by savetimerushonline
Israel is surrounded by enemys,

okayyyyyyy there bud
ya the country with the most nuclear warheads are in danger against starving blockaded people resorting to eating grass because Israel doesn't allow much food to come to Gaza.

Okayyyyy
hahaha

Funniest post and thread i've ever seen in the history of me being here on ATS.

Yes, Israel is surrounded by enemies, by the same enemies that are surrounded by a giant wall with robot snipers attached to them that will fire at will if anyone gets too close.

Oh ya and don't forget Iran, ya the country that can't even make their own gasoline and have an armada of u.s. ships around them are also a great threat right?

And also don't forget tweetie bird, oh that little caged up animated bird is also a great threat to national security, don't be fooled!

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
More News...............

(IsraelNN.com) Traffic jams, which developed Thursday afternoon, between Tel Aviv and the Ben Gurion airport area as police took down roadblocks in the Tel Aviv area and put them up in the Jerusalem area. Authorities said initially that they were looking for a terrorist who was out to attack a population center but were barred by censors from divulging further detail. Heavy traffic is reported at the entrances and exits to the capital, Highway 443 between Jerusalem and Modi'in, Highway 1 in the Ben Shemen area, the Petach Tikva area and on Highway 40. Police said that the situation could last hours.

www.israelnationalnews.com...

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I just stated a fact... Israel is surrounded by enemys. The Arab world hates the Jews. I don't really see whats so funny about it. You would probably be armed to the teeth too if you were surrounded by enemies who are hellbent on your destruction.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by savetimerushonline
I just stated a fact... Israel is surrounded by enemys. The Arab world hates the Jews. I don't really see whats so funny about it. You would probably be armed to the teeth too if you were surrounded by enemies who are hellbent on your destruction.

No I wouldn't be armed to the teeth because I wouldn't have caused such hatred upon me in the first place.

I wouldnt' build settlements because I believe that space was created by god by me, I wouldn't oppress an entire nation of people and create an apartheid.

I wouldn't have bombed the hell out of Lebanon
I wouldn't have religious leaders publicly saying that a million arabs aren't worth one jewish fingernail.

No, I wouldn't be armed to the teeth, everyone would love me

The army says a female soldier reported seeing another soldier being forced into a car outside an army base. However, no further evidence of an abduction has been found.
www.google.com...

All this brouhaha over an alleged sighting that nobody is sure about?

[edit on 13-8-2009 by ModernAcademia]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by freemindmine

Manage to kidnapped an IDF soldier and get out of Israel with no problems, this smells like CIA.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Ok lets just agree to disagree alright? I think it's best if we keep this thread clear of this never ending argument. I feel we are on the verge of all out world war, as a result of this latest development with this possibly kidnapped Israeli soldier.

I suggest you start another thread if you want to debate the Palestinian land issue, and use this thread to keep up to date with what could potentially be the event that egnites the most deadly war in human history.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
reply to post by freemindmine

Manage to kidnapped an IDF soldier and get out of Israel with no problems, this smells like CIA.

Yes the thought crossed my mind... the latest I have read is that a women IDF soldier claims to have seen two men force a Male IDF soldier into a car, and then an unknown Palestinian Organisation has claimed that they have kidnapped a soldier and will release more details soon.

I think that this could be the start of a huge war in that region.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by savetimerushonline

Ok lets just agree to disagree alright? I think it's best if we keep this thread clear of this never ending argument.

Most intelligent reply I have ever seen on ATS!!

Thank you for that timely conclusion before things went downt he normal dead end avenue!

On topic:
Will 1 soldier be enough to spark a war? It seems there are much more effective ways to start a war? I know the situation is volatile, but this seems like a stretch.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
afaik all IDF soldiers are implanted with tracking devices, so they won't get very far.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Will 1 soldier be enough to spark a war? It seems there are much more effective ways to start a war? I know the situation is volatile, but this seems like a stretch.

I think so, don't forget 2006 Lebanon War.

The conflict began when Hezbollah militants fired rockets at Israeli border towns as a diversion for an anti-tank missile attack on two armored Humvees patrolling the Israeli side of the border fence.[20] Of the seven Israeli soldiers in the two jeeps, two were wounded, three were killed, and two were captured and taken to Lebanon.

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 13/8/09 by freemindmine]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by savetimerushonline

Ok lets just agree to disagree alright? I think it's best if we keep this thread clear of this never ending argument.

Most intelligent reply I have ever seen on ATS!!

Thank you for that timely conclusion before things went downt he normal dead end avenue!

On topic:

Well if you remember back to the 2006 Lebanon war, it was egnited after Israel claimed Hezbolah kidnapped 2 IDF soldiers. This quote from an article:

"In talks with Lebanon's government today, UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon stressed the need for progress on the unresolved issue of the two Israeli soldiers kidnapped by Hizbollah in July 2006, leading to a 34-day war with Israel."

Source.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by allsop
afaik all IDF soldiers are implanted with tracking devices, so they won't get very far.

This must be a recent development, or they would have been able to track down the two that were kidnapped by Hezbolah in 2006. Or what about Gilad Shilat who is still missing after being kidnapped? Was he implanted with a tracking device? Or are you just trying to be funny?

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I am completely pulling this out of my backside,
but,
Could this and the missing Russian ship, suspected of carrying a secret cargo be related?

The missing ship was originally expected on August 4th, in Bejaia, Algeria.
This is just the other side of the Med. Sea.
Also, the IDF soldier is actually"missing" from Israeli Air Force Base 27, near the Ben Gurion airport.
This base is located on the sea, and surely would have ports large enough to accomodate this ship, or it's cargo.

Like I said, I'm am completely, 100% speculating here.
Guess I'm a bit bored.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
JUST IN.......

ISRAEL - The #IDF is close to completing count of soldiers to determine if anyone is missing.

twitter.com...

You would think they would know if one of their soldiers were missing by now.

[edit on 13/8/09 by freemindmine]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join