It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missing ship may have secret cargo

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
What if Russia planned the ship to be kidnapped so it could be renamed and re-flagged and then sailed into an Israeli harbor with its nujclear bombs on board.
payback for what was done to Russia in 1917 and the 60 million slaughttered thereafter

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I believe that the ship was retro fitted to house the nukes that came off that sunken sub. I also dont belive that it was ever missing, i think it routed to a secret place to offload the cargo. The post i posted earlier said that it was tended for the usa, maybe we intercepted the ship in open water and unloaded the ship at sea, just incase somthing bad was to happen. what do you think?

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Well, now its finally found. 740 km from Cape Verde, told AFP.

I've just watch Finnish main news at local TV channel MTV3. Yesterday Finland Ministry of the Interior asks Pietarsaari town fire department to measure radiations at the harbor where Arctic Sea was loaded. First fire chief admit that yes they are measuring radiation level but later on he denies it.

Itar-Tass news has got information from French navy, not from Russian navy.

[edit on 14-8-2009 by northwoods]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I also find it interesting that Russia has had 2 Akula Class Subs of the east coast of the US for the last 2-3 weeks, then this bit of info news.bbc.co.uk...

Russia can only flex so much before retaliation happens.

Let's hope it has been found, time will tell, but it still does'nt explain why and where it's been for 2 weeks.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Im curious of the size of this ship.Does anybody have measurements for it.

Also in this picture at the bottom it says vesseltracker.com a maritime photo gallery. Anybody know anything about vesseltracker.com

vesseltracker.com

[edit on 14-8-2009 by JBA2848]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

length 98m width 17m draught 6.4m

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I don't think Russia's response is disproportionate. We have warships and elite troops fighting the Somalian pirates. What's the difference here ? The ship was supposedly attacked.
The Maltese flag is irrelevant. It's a Russian company using the ship and a Russian crew operating it. Flags of convenience are a common practice in the merchant marine. It's like you say Russians shouldn't be interested in what happens to a Russian trucker working for a Russian company because the truck is registered in Malta !
It's a bit more than a mistreated worker here... Russia is doing what any Western country would do. Well, hopefully ! I would expect my country to send warships in this case was it only for one of my fellow countrymen. Whether they really care or not is another matter, at least, they do pretend.

We have conflicting info in the news regarding where the ship has disappeared in the end. Apparently, it was not in UK's backdoor. Anyway, there are serious anomalies in the official timeline. I welcome your comments. I am sorry I felt you were adding to the confusion too much. We definitely are not getting the real facts. MSM don't even agree on the real facts.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
The story is beginning to resurface in the MSM.

According to AP, the ship has been seen near the Cape Verde area.

Also, an interesting comment from a maritime journalist:

Osler said the 18-year-old Arctic Sea was not particularly valuable. "The ship isn't really worth stealing," he said, noting most such ships have a life of 20-25 years.

So 5 russian warships looking for a ship that isnt worth steealing in the first place. To me, this story doesn't make any sense.

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Manouche

Hi, if you visit the Marine Traffic Website

You can track EXACTLY what the official itenirary for the Arctic Sea was, up to the last KNOWN contact on 29th July.

G

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by imdeceived
The story is beginning to resurface in the MSM.

According to AP, the ship has been seen near the Cape Verde area.

Also, an interesting comment from a maritime journalist:

Osler said the 18-year-old Arctic Sea was not particularly valuable. "The ship isn't really worth stealing," he said, noting most such ships have a life of 20-25 years.

So 5 russian warships looking for a ship that isnt worth steealing in the first place. To me, this story doesn't make any sense.

news.yahoo.com...

Well, even if there's nothing "secret" in Arctic Sea there is many political points to put some warships tracking Arctic Sea.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Arctic Sea location near Cape Verde has tracked down in NATO:s Brussel office.

European Union spokesman said earlier today that the ship appeared to have been attacked twice but not in “traditional” acts of piracy.
EU Commission spokesman Martin Selmayr said “radio calls were apparently received from the ship which had supposedly been under attack twice -- the first time off the Swedish coast and then off the Portuguese coast.

“From information currently available it would seem that these acts, such as they have been reported, have nothing in common with ‘traditional’ acts of piracy or armed robbery at sea,” he said, without going into details.

Pretty strange.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by northwoods

“From information currently available it would seem that these acts, such as they have been reported, have nothing in common with ‘traditional’ acts of piracy or armed robbery at sea,” he said, without going into details.

Pretty strange.

You bet.

So what did the pirates do... toilet paper the Arctic Sea??

something is still not adding up. According to the reports during the first attack the crew was beat up, yet they still didn't head to the closest port?? Then they get attacked a second time but never report it or head to the closest port.

Where was the tracking system after Brest, France?

Weird to say the least.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by northwoods
Well, now its finally found. 740 km from Cape Verde, told AFP.

I've just watch Finnish main news at local TV channel MTV3. Yesterday Finland Ministry of the Interior asks Pietarsaari town fire department to measure radiations at the harbor where Arctic Sea was loaded. First fire chief admit that yes they are measuring radiation level but later on he denies it.

Itar-Tass news has got information from French navy, not from Russian navy.

[edit on 14-8-2009 by northwoods]

northwoods, is there a video out from that fire chief?

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by metricmaker

northwoods, is there a video out from that fire chief?

In finnish yes:
www.katsomo.fi...

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Gordi The Drummer

Thank you.

But is it really the last contact ?
The French said they had a contact by the CROSS in Corsen during the night of the 29th to 30th so they must have traced it until it left their zone.
CROSS Corsen is in charge of regulating the navigation between the Atlantic and the English Channel and is a main navigation centre.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
The ship has been found.

I was still hoping for the Black sea

Ship found

[edit on 14-8-2009 by Helmkat]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Helmkat

Good eye here is a follow up story

Cargo ship that vanished spotted off Cape Verde islands

PRAIA — A Russian-crewed cargo ship that vanished two weeks ago has been spotted off the Cape Verde islands, a coastguard source said Friday, after indications emerged that the vessel had been attacked twice.

The spotting of the Arctic Sea came as Russian warships scoured the Atlantic Ocean in search of it and intense speculation mounted over its fate, with the vessel having dropped off the radar in the English Channel on July 28.

Cape Verdean coastguard officials were considering what action to take if the ship entered its territorial waters, the source said on condition of anonymity.

"The Arctic Sea is some 400 nautical miles (740 kilometres) off one of the islands of Cape Verde, therefore outside its territorial waters," the official said, without saying which island in the archipelago some 450 kilometres off the coast of Senegal.

"The Cape Verde coastguard is in contact with international agencies and organisations that are continually informing it of the movement and progress of the ship."

The source said "when the ship enters in our jurisdiction, we will decide in consultation with our partners what actions to take."

Experts have debated whether pirates, a mafia quarrel or a commercial dispute were behind the disappearance of the Maltese-flagged ship. It had been due to arrive in Algeria on August 4 with a cargo of sawn timber worth more than a million euros.

[edit on 14-8-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
And the mystery continues. I wonder if we'll ever find out what really happened

For a ship that size to just be floating around unnoticed that long is enough to make anyone with common sense think a little.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helmkat
The ship has been found.

I was still hoping for the Black sea

Ship found

[edit on 14-8-2009 by Helmkat]

"A missing ship with 15 Russian crew members on board has been spotted more than two weeks after it disappeared, unconfirmed reports say.

The Arctic Sea had last been sighted in the Bay of Biscay on 30 July.

Reports citing local coastguards now suggest it has been seen some 400 nautical miles from the Cape Verde islands, off the coast of West Africa."

So there still not sure? What is going on? Also, i thought there comms were broke? How can they suddenly be working again passing through the channel and then not when they get to the Atlantic?

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by thinkingAhead
For a ship that size to just be floating around unnoticed that long is enough to make anyone with common sense think a little.

Oceans a big place. This isn't suprising. If the ship enters Cape Verde's waters I think a safety inspection by their Coast Guard is in order.

If those Akulas were in the mechanical shape that I heard that most of the Russian submarine fleet is in, I'm surprised that they made it that far without sinking.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join