It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A major security operation is underway in central Israel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Traffic is backed up for miles between Morasha Junction and the Modi'in- Jerusalem Highway 443 by security roadblocks thrown up Thursday afternoon, Aug. 13. Security forces backed by helicopters are scouring the area. The operation is under a strict news blackout.

Debka

Haartz

This is not uncommon when their is evidence of suicide bomber entering or trying to enter Israel.

Hezbolla trying to plant suicide bombers to attack as soon as they start launching their rockets???

Things continue to heat-up in the M.E.

As for Syria interfering...... remember the bible.....

.... and behold, Damascus became a ruinous heap, never to be a city again...
(not exact quote, but you get my point...)

[edit on 8/13/2009 by mrmonsoon]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a twitter link also:

twitter.com...

more links:

www.ynetnews.com...

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Not that sure if it is a suicide bomber alarm. These things are announced in the media. In this case censure is not allowing any info out, so it could be kidnapping or other nasty things.A lot of roadblocks, a lot of rumors, but nothing is declared. This is first time i see this.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Checkpoints operating in Israel, security forces inspecting all cars after reports of IDF soldier possible abducted by terrorists (@YWN)

-Kdial1

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by kdial1

And if it is Hezbolla, this will be the start a the third devastating war Hezbolla has brought onto Lebanon.

If it is Hamas, does this mean renew fighting with Gaza...... again.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon
reply to post by kdial1

And if it is Hezbolla, this will be the start a the third devastating war Hezbolla has brought onto Lebanon.

If it is Hamas, does this mean renew fighting with Gaza...... again.

They have their 40,000 rockets ready as well..... time to leave Israel and lebanon if anyone is there and can leave.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Would this have any bearing on what's going on over there?

TextCounter-Terrorism Bureau in the Prime Minister's Office warned Israelis to exercise caution when traveling abroad during the Jewish holidays, due to the assessment that Hezbollah may try to attack Israeli citizens, and urged citizens in Sinai to leave immediately.

www.haaretz.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">www.haaretz.com...

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by fullmoonfairy

Please see the ATS post on that topic:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
It might be something to do with this?

I don't think Hezbollah want a war with Israel (yet), in spite of the fiery rhetoric. Kidnapping an Israeli soldier would be a sure fire way of getting the IDF's attention, so I'm dubious about that at the moment.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by mattpryor

If Iran/Syria/Russia is suppling them directly or indirectly, they do seem to be spoiling for a fight/war.

Personally, I put nothing past Hamas/Hezbolla.

I think they are trying to use it as an excuse to have Israel attack them first.

In that way, they will play the innocent..
... act, to those silly enough to believe it.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
From Ha'aretz's Flash News Ticker: IDF is close to completing their count of soldiers to determine if any are missing. UPDATE: All IDF soldiers accounted.

[edit on 13-8-2009 by PGTWEED]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
A previously unknown group known as "Al-Quds Army" claimed that they had abducted a soldier near Ben Gurion Airport yesterday.

The IDF has done a headcount and all soldiers are accounted for.

More info here.

new topics

top topics

join