It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If God Is Omniscient, Then

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by badmedia
reply to post by pdpayne0418

Ummm, I was responding to the original post.

he obviously knows all. He already knows who will eventually end up in hell, and who will end up in heaven. So doesn't that kind of kill the point of everything in between???

What is the point of everything in between? For those who experience it to gain understanding and wisdom.

Pretty sure the question wasn't about what does Omniscient mean, but rather if that is true then what is it for.

:bnghd:

I see.

Don't hurt your head.

Peace,
Daniel

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
The wisdom leaned in this life, or the lives of all of us taken as a whole, should be applied to avoiding the current sort of predicament, by being good and not evil. In that way, God can be justified by giving us another chance in the renewed world to come.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Many human beings are too weak-minded to understand the concept of omniscience.
(No offense)

"It is better to open your eyes and say you don't understand, than to close your eyes and say you don't believe."

The Christian God knows the choices you will make. He doesn't decide for you.

It's really not a hard concept to understand. I think it's too simple for most people. You can try as hard as you can to understand how difficult something is, when in the end you realize, "Oh. It's exactly as it says. And I was looking for some hidden meaning!"

Think about it this way:

God doesn't know the exact choice you make, because He perceives time differently than we do. He knows EVERY choice that is POSSIBLE for you to make, but it is unclear to Him which one will actually be made, because he sees the infinite possibilities that are your future.

Once you have made a choice, it brings Him closer to knowing your eternal fate.

Knowing Everything isn't exactly as exact as people think.

We don't experience Everything in our life.

I think I've come upon a revelation in my own life by answering this:

God created us and gave us the power of Free Will, because other wise he WOULD have known our fate.

God will know your fate just before you die; but until you make that final decision, He will never know which of the infinite possibilities you will choose.

JUST THINKING HERE, NOT SAYING IT'S TRUE.

Perhap's God is schizophrenic, in a way. I'm sure it doesn't effect Him as bad as it effects human beings, but I'm sure it's annoying. =P

Hope this helped.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by CleverNameHere

Perhap's God is schizophrenic, in a way.
Maybe a better word would be paradoxical.

I agree with you and I find it very odd that more people do not.
It might be that people feel more comfortable taking the extreme opinion, either on one side or another, and insecure taking a middle stance.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Probably.

People need to understand that the world isn't just Black and White.

There are also Mexicans! =P

Seriously, though.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join