It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do YOU think it takes to be a ghost when you die?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
We all know that not all people become ghosts, but what is it that you think makes ghosts exist when they die?

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I'd say strong emotion must be important. Most ghost revolve around a tragedy. Others it seems to be like super dedication to something. E.g. the watchman who walks his rounds after his death. Or else denial of death e.g. not knowing they died.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I hate to answer like this but given the data one component seems to be stupidity. -I'm laughing and I shouldn't but it's true. There seem to be a lot of mixed up spirits out there.

A more noble reason would be to help someone still here. These seem to be temporary positions though.

Lastly, after reading a lot about it, I sure hope I don't end up some annoying dumb bell spirit. Can't see it happening but ??

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

I would say a good set of lungs and an eerie voice... so you can run around saying boooooo-ooo-ooo all day and night long. Also, it is important to take chains and other eerie noise makers with you to the grave. I think they only let you become a ghost if you have the right skills and tools.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I have to say that I don't know, and don't have evidence of anything relating to ghosts.

My guess is that if a person has an unresolved conflict, or other profound lack of closure, their spirit/soul might get suspended between "here" and "there".

If I knew for a fact that that was true, I would likely spend my time seeking them out, to attempt to help them with that resolution. Everybody needs another chance, even the mosters of humanity. How else to grow? Maybe that's what Hell is -- being stuck in nowhere, with no ability to change it.

Limbo.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I believe a ghost is not a person who lived on earth in the flesh. I believe a ghost is a demonic entity, replicating someone. Same thing with past lives regression....not really your past life, just a demonic entity entering and speaking in foreign languages and reciting past experiences...of which they have plenty.

If you were a demonic entity and wanted to deceive others away from the love of God, you would imitate loved ones and spew out lies. You would create reincarnation to defy the one-existence stated by the Bible that each one of us lives...one life, one death.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
What does it take to become a ghost?

Isn't that the sort of phrasing one uses when asking about how to aspire to something?

What does it take to become a great performer?
What does it take to become the valedictorian?

Man, if I try really hard, then maybe, just maybe...

You mean what causes the phenomenon

Death. If any part of a human lives on after death then that surviving essence is , simply put, a ghost.

ghost n. The spirit of a dead person. answers.com

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Strong emotion,yes Id agree.Id think a violent or sudden death.Not knowing your dead,or afraid to go into the light for fear of judgment.Or maybe some task they wish to complete so they don't cross over.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by hangedman13

Enjoyed reading your post

thank you

Very well-considered and thought provoking comments

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I think it takes fear of judgment and what awaits that holds spirits earthbound.Most ghosts when asked by Psychics say this same very thing that they do not want to "Pay" for what they have done on Earth.The more educated and intelligent the person is and the less controlled by religious dogma the less chance they have of becomming a ghost....or a spirit sould trapped in between the 3rd and 5th dimension.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   
In my experience there are a number of different phenomenon that are called ghosts but all of them are very different.

The religious have such preconceived notions of death they are poorly able to deal with the reality of it. I am very sensitive to energy of all sorts so I see things that others simply do not. I have walked by a cemetery late at night or early in the morning and seen the spirits of people lying in the dust and for the most part they were waiting for the judgment. I have looked right at them as they lay in the dust and ask them why they were there just lying around.

They would often say that they were waiting for the angel of the lord to sound the call to bring them to heaven. I would tell them to get up out of the dust and know that the presence of God was with them. I heard the angel Gabriel sound his horn and an entire graveyard of Christian souls went into the light. They just were lying there waiting. Some simply would flee when I put my attention on them. They were not ready to go for the most part. Most of them had lower astrals feeding on them and keeping them connected to the 3rd dimension.

Having an awareness of the presence of God within yourself and others provides you with a spiritual strength that can not be compromised. Darkness flees from the light of God within you and also when the darkness has hold of someone who is not ready to face the judgment they will flee as well. Having the indwelling presence of God within you makes you also very fearless. There is no unknown for you since all you have to do is consult with the lord and the answers are provided to you and your path forward is lit up for you.

We are all like Christ when we follow in his footsteps. He said: "and you will do greater works than I" most people do not understand that this means that you will literally do greater works than were recorded that he has done on Earth if you follow his example. That includes making the lame walk, the dead rise, and demons flee. If you have not done all or most of these things then you are not following his example very well.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by wayouttheredude
In my experience there are a number of different phenomenon that are called ghosts but all of them are very different.

The religious have such preconceived notions of death they are poorly able to deal with the reality of it. I am very sensitive to energy of all sorts so I see things that others simply do not. I have walked by a cemetery late at night or early in the morning and seen the spirits of people lying in the dust and for the most part they were waiting for the judgment. I have looked right at them as they lay in the dust and ask them why they were there just lying around.

They would often say that they were waiting for the angel of the lord to sound the call to bring them to heaven. I would tell them to get up out of the dust and know that the presence of God was with them. I heard the angel Gabriel sound his horn and an entire graveyard of Christian souls went into the light. They just were lying there waiting. Some simply would flee when I put my attention on them. They were not ready to go for the most part. Most of them had lower astrals feeding on them and keeping them connected to the 3rd dimension.

Having an awareness of the presence of God within yourself and others provides you with a spiritual strength that can not be compromised. Darkness flees from the light of God within you and also when the darkness has hold of someone who is not ready to face the judgment they will flee as well. Having the indwelling presence of God within you makes you also very fearless. There is no unknown for you since all you have to do is consult with the lord and the answers are provided to you and your path forward is lit up for you.

We are all like Christ when we follow in his footsteps. He said: "and you will do greater works than I" most people do not understand that this means that you will literally do greater works than were recorded that he has done on Earth if you follow his example. That includes making the lame walk, the dead rise, and demons flee. If you have not done all or most of these things then you are not following his example very well.

Thanks for the real indepth post/ What is it that makes you able to do this stuff?

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

I had always been a sensitive. My earliest memories were of reading my father's thoughts and intentions. I could hear with my mind when people were thinking about me if I was close to them. I saw my first ghost at age 5. It was a little girl that lived in the area long ago. I also found out that I could see in total darkness. Not with my eyes but with my feelings. I could kind of mentally touch objects and could tell what they were in the darkness. I could not guess colors but could feel textures and temperature of objects and if I was familiar with them I would know what they were.

I would go down into our basement where the windows were painted over and turn out the light and while I was sitting on the steps to the basement I would extend out this kind of mental touch to objects in the room. Once I had the room mapped out with this mental touch I could walk around obstructions without tripping over them.

Shortly after that first ghost encounter I was visited by a full apparition of a demon. It was a huge entity that glowed with a kind of green black glow. It had the body shape like a man but with dark green scales and a head like a dragon. It radiated hatred and awakened me. It seemed to hate me with all of its being. I tried to scream but could not and then I was screaming and my parents came into the room. I told them what I had seen and they reassured me that there were no monsters and bid me go back to sleep. I had to sleep with a flashlight near by after that.

All of my early school life some kids and teachers for no apparent warning would act unreasonably hateful to me. Always I could feel the influence of demonic forces at work but did not understand why I was such a target. I did notice that people who were influenced to attack me had a darkness working on them on the outskirts of their aura. I learned to avoid people under this influence but in classrooms this became impossible. I did poorly in some schools where I was tormented by such people on a daily basis.

I often would want to hit back when I was attacked but found that when I tried to focus my anger and hit back that before I could strike the energy would leave me. I just did not have it in me to harm another person no matter how much they had hurt me. I started taking martial arts at 14 to try and learn the skills to defend myself. I had a brilliant teacher who was full of light and was very helpful to me. He taught me to focus my Chi or Ki. I was breaking boards by 15, and concrete pavers by 16 and had my black belt.

As soon as I learned about Chi I started to study everything I could on metaphysics. It answered many of my questions. I learned that at the top of many systems of martial science was the teaching of the mind science. I was a very serious student. It was at 15 that I also found my first spiritual teacher. She was a Wiccan high priestess. She and I had an immediate feeling of recognition when we met her like we had known each other before. She taught me and helped me to sharpen my skills. She also introduced me to the Kabala and the Western Hermetic school of thought.

Shortly after this I started to study religions. I started with the Christian Bible. I read the Bible all the way through in about 3 weeks. It was a King James red letter edition. I found the teachings of Christ spoke to me. I accepted Christ at about 16 as well. At first I had some conflict between my esoteric knowledge and my Christian teachings. Later these were resolved when I was in the Military and had a chance to learn more about the Bible and how it was constructed and why. I studied the work of the 1st Council of Nicea and learned of the political influences on that body.

It seems that they had a mandate to reject books that did not fit a particular doctrine. This was how they used the Bible to persecute the old religion.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

I was 18 when I had my first transcendent experience. I was in my barracks room on a weekend alone. I had learned of the Tetragrammaton which is the unspeakable name of God. I learned that by learning the secret name of God that a person could approach the divine. I can not go into this very much in this thread as the experience could fill a book. I left the physical world for a short time and was unseen so as far as I know my body was also transcended. People had looked for me and I was not in my room and there was no exit other than the front desk and we were on the 3rd floor.

When I returned from my audience with God I was changed. I would answer people's inner questions without them asking to their astonishment. The presence of God that indwells within my was strongly awakened and I was aware of his presence all the time. I got out of the military and went home for a while. Then I found I could not stay in the small town I was living in any longer. I left for the city and spent several years there reading in the library for most of the time and working when I had to for money to pay for rent and food. I ministered on the streets somewhat and gained a reputation very quickly. Criminals would not come around when I was present once they knew of me.

More than one of them was influenced by dark forces and tried to attack me. Each time without harming them I would put them down and drive off their dark influence. More than one of them that attacked me came up to me later and apologized and sought guidance. I helped who I could and then when I had learned all I could I traveled to another city.

I did this for many years. I finally met someone who was also a seeker of truth. She was my equal in many ways but a little older than me. We were together for years. I helped her raise her children. I met one of her teachers and he taught me even more of the mind science. He was a gifted person and I learned much from him. He was the first melkizedek priest I had ever known. He introduced me to a lot of information and it made me more confident and stronger spiritually. I learned to listen to my guidance and to hear more clearly that inner voice. It saved me a lot of hardship I tell you.

Our creator is revealed to those who seek with all of their heart, mind and spirit to learn the way. Once you are on the path you can stray but the light is always there to guide you back. Seek and you shall find. Ask and it shall be added unto you. The Kingdom of God is within you. The presence of God is of course within his kingdom. Christ taught the true way to God. Follow that teaching and ignore the distractions of the rest of the Bible. His teachings actually overturn much of the superstitions in the Bible. Once you have a solid foundation spiritually with Christ's teachings then you can use that guidance to find more information and learn more of the higher teachings without fear that it is not divinely inspired. The source of all truth is already within you so you can ask and it will be revealed. Discernment of the truth is one of the gifts of the spirit.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
It wouldn't surprise me to learn that we are all already ghosts .. that we've already died .. that this life we believe we're living is just our collective memory of a life we once lived and which is now history

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
When the smoke clears, the sad reality is the afterlife will be frightening and some mentally weak souls will succumb to wondering this earthy plane, seeking solace in something familiar.

Imagine a bad dream of being taunted by evil trolls armed with horrendous images, in this life you can simply awake and go on with your day. Once dead, this luxury doesn't exist. YOU MUST DEAL WITH IT.

I firmly believe the afterlife is what you make it, if one wants to wonder around their former abode and spook the new tenants, so be it. If one wants to waddle in the evil murky waters will other souls or lay in a grave for an eternity waiting for Christ to come , they can. How mentally advanced you are here will dictate what you do " over there".

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to become a ghost

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by St Vaast

That reminds me of a song by "The Police" We are spirits in the material world. I love that song.

I will have to dig up that MP3 now and listen to it again.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by wayouttheredude
reply to post by Phlynx

I was 18 when I had my first transcendent experience. I was in my barracks room on a weekend alone. I had learned of the Tetragrammaton which is the unspeakable name of God. I learned that by learning the secret name of God that a person could approach the divine. I can not go into this very much in this thread as the experience could fill a book. I left the physical world for a short time and was unseen so as far as I know my body was also transcended. People had looked for me and I was not in my room and there was no exit other than the front desk and we were on the 3rd floor.

When I returned from my audience with God I was changed. I would answer people's inner questions without them asking to their astonishment. The presence of God that indwells within my was strongly awakened and I was aware of his presence all the time. I got out of the military and went home for a while. Then I found I could not stay in the small town I was living in any longer. I left for the city and spent several years there reading in the library for most of the time and working when I had to for money to pay for rent and food. I ministered on the streets somewhat and gained a reputation very quickly. Criminals would not come around when I was present once they knew of me.

More than one of them was influenced by dark forces and tried to attack me. Each time without harming them I would put them down and drive off their dark influence. More than one of them that attacked me came up to me later and apologized and sought guidance. I helped who I could and then when I had learned all I could I traveled to another city.

I did this for many years. I finally met someone who was also a seeker of truth. She was my equal in many ways but a little older than me. We were together for years. I helped her raise her children. I met one of her teachers and he taught me even more of the mind science. He was a gifted person and I learned much from him. He was the first melkizedek priest I had ever known. He introduced me to a lot of information and it made me more confident and stronger spiritually. I learned to listen to my guidance and to hear more clearly that inner voice. It saved me a lot of hardship I tell you.

Our creator is revealed to those who seek with all of their heart, mind and spirit to learn the way. Once you are on the path you can stray but the light is always there to guide you back. Seek and you shall find. Ask and it shall be added unto you. The Kingdom of God is within you. The presence of God is of course within his kingdom. Christ taught the true way to God. Follow that teaching and ignore the distractions of the rest of the Bible. His teachings actually overturn much of the superstitions in the Bible. Once you have a solid foundation spiritually with Christ's teachings then you can use that guidance to find more information and learn more of the higher teachings without fear that it is not divinely inspired. The source of all truth is already within you so you can ask and it will be revealed. Discernment of the truth is one of the gifts of the spirit.

Is there anyway I could learn to do any of this? I really want to help people.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phlynx
We all know that not all people become ghosts, but what is it that you think makes ghosts exist when they die?

I'm sure that everyone has their own beliefs... mine is that your consciousness, or soul if you will, survives physical death. If that is the definition of a ghost, then that is what happens and we all end up down that path.

As for what happens then? The Christian Bible is a lot contradictory on the issue and the various other faiths all have their own avenues of belief. Again, my personal view is that for some reason, some of us hang around and others move on to some other level or place of existence. There may even be instances of rebirth, or reincarnation. There is some circumstantial evidence to support this.

But you know, I don't think that disembodied spirits are in a position to know a lot more than you or I. They appear to have merely passed from one point of existence to the next with all but there physicalness intact.

From there, it is possible that they, ghsosts of family and friends, are all around us, day in and day out... just sort of keeping an eye on the world they were once a part of.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
landing and putting on a cloak uniform so normals cannot see you.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join