It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Free online college courses

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
OP link doesn't work for me either... like the revolution one though

Must be clogged, as soon as I said that I tried it again, and it worked haha.

[edit on 12-8-2009 by beebs]

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Technophobic and Asexual?: This class tries to find out why older adults are afraid of online romantic relationships. [Swinburne University of Technology]

www.onlineclasses.org...

How about old enough to know better?

[edit on 2009/8/12 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Ok now I have read them and i have to say some of the courses are very interesting sounding. Saved to favorites and bookmarked. Cant wait to share with others.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by mrmonsoon

Thats what I was thinking of many of the courses offered.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Doctor G

If you ever reach a point where you just don't want to learn anymore you might as well plant yourself and give something a chance to grow off your remains.

If you aren't growing then you aren't living.

Wow! I almost forget what the OP topic is. I'd like to have your quote in my signature.

Exactly right. When I stop larnin', ah start dyin'. That's how it was told to me. Wise words.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
okay now I must ask...

Do I get any credit for completion?

Because I would love the recognition...

Or am I simply... reading endlessly to gain no credits? I do that now... I mean, don't get me wrong a nice structure for learning topics I would gladly use this...

But is their any gain in terms of grade and credit?

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
For many MIT online courses you must buy textbooks written by the instructors at astronomical prices. I have not checked the course materials for these courses yet to see if that is the case.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
What a great web site. Thanks for the information. This is something that can actually be quite useful for many people. Great Find S & F for sure.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
wow! thank u so much for bringing this site to my attention, Ive already seen a few im going to check out.

SnF!!!!

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Bravo for this thread!
Also the synchronicity is amazing!
Was taking extensive notes about an essay on how we can re-introduce the internet to young people and the different ways programs etc people can use to communicate with each other for various reasons and how this social experience is totally different from what we were used to as a society until now in regards to communication and decided to check ATS and saw this.
I found at least 2 relevant courses!

The

ocw.mit.edu...

and the

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
Technophobic and Asexual?: This class tries to find out why older adults are afraid of online romantic relationships. [Swinburne University of Technology]

How about old enough to know better?

Because they are old [period]?

[edit on 12-8-2009 by spacebot]

[edit on 12-8-2009 by spacebot]

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon
Link works fine for me???

ok lol where did you get your signature im from Sacramento (SAC) and my name is William tripped me there for a min when i opened the thread

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Here's a more in depth link for EVERYTHING!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by havok
Nonlinear Dynamics I: Chaos: Learn the theory of chaos in this course. [MIT]

I especially like this one, although I believe the theory of chaos is very intrusive on anyone who thinks that there should be naturally occuring order in every step of life.

Awesome!

Note that course also requires MATLAB which is not free and damn I really wanted to check it out, been playing with fourier transform a bit recently and have no idea what I was doing (programming frequency detection software) so it piqued my interest.

still good site tho!

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Why is this on the front page of a conspiracy theory website?

Just wondering.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 01:21 AM
link   
#81 How to Stage a Revolution: Learn all about radical revolutions, coup d’etats and terror in this course. [MIT]

Otherwise known as

How to make it on the DHS, FBI, and NSA watchlists with one simple click of your mouse. [MIT]

love and peace

[edit on 13-8-2009 by M157yD4wn]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by mopusvindictus
okay now I must ask...

Do I get any credit for completion?

Because I would love the recognition...

Or am I simply... reading endlessly to gain no credits? I do that now... I mean, don't get me wrong a nice structure for learning topics I would gladly use this...

But is their any gain in terms of grade and credit?

That is the whole problem with schools and jobs in society today. It's funny to me that they are actually called credits. We are constantly looking for credit for the work we've done, when the point is to learn and grow. You will in time get what you wanted out of what you learned. Let's quit feeding the ego. Just felt that should be said. Cheers.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Absolutely fantastic. I am just starting an open uni degree in Philosophy and Psychology yet it does not start for months, this is great for me to start and get a bit of studying under my belt before it begins, some very interesting topics.

Thank You OP

Peace

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 03:52 AM
link   

You know they just do not have my favoreit courses like ufos ,aliens,ghosts cancer research and military history.I will give it a miss.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 05:23 AM
link   

S&F

Knowledge should be free. I'm glad an educational organization finally realized that.

Cheers,
Strype

P.S. On second thought, I'm not glad. It's actually quite pathetic that we're forced to pay for knowledge in the first place.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Starred & Flagged for being

a) educative
b) fun

Thanks.

[edit on 13-8-2009 by Skyfloating]

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join