It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We should conduct a scientific experiment on UFO activity.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Title says it all, we should conduct a collective scientific experiment on sighting, contacting, or being abducted by aliens. We can publish a paper once said experiment has concluded and possibly gain some ground in the scientific community, as far as taking this subject seriously.

I need you smart people to brainstorm. If you have a topic along the lines of UFOs that you want investigated, or you find interesting, post it. If you can think of an easy, or useful experiment we could do, post it.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Well there is a little problem that makes this "experiment" extremely difficult to even get off the ground.

UFO's are pretty rare and difficult to come by.

However, there may be a way to contact them and ask them to come, but if we can actually contact them and ask them to come, screw an experiment, lets make it an "Alien Interview".

Otherwise I am not exactly sure what parameters the experiment would have.

I mean how would it work exactly?

Like, "lets do an experiment, I'll go outside with a video camera and see if I can catch a UFO on film"... well Good Luck with that one!

I guess you can try "praying" to them or whatever to see if they will respond, some people claim that works.

It is like a ghost, one minute it is there the next minute it is gone. Luck is the driving force behind this and "experiments" require us to have control over the situation.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Gov'ment will come to kill you before you can do this.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Happyfeet

Let me know when you design a feasible experiment to run. Or maybe you should have crossed that bridge before starting this thread?

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Before people diss my thinking...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Yes, we should try to contact aliens, totally get a chance to meet some aliens as a group of humans, get to know them. If aliens exist anyway.

We could try a group experiment, with summoning UFOs being the hype, try praying to the UFO gods and ask them to show up somewhere where we have video cameras rolling.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Happyfeet

Before any contact mate.. I do suggest you stop and think of exactly WHAT it is you want to contact. There may be reasons why we should save contact as a last resort. we have NO idea what we would be dealing with, or what we find. THough we see our governments as bastards.. they just could be correct in their reasoning for keeping these things at bay.. or us at bay for that matter. As corny and sci-fy as it sounds... we know we are not alone.. but we dont know what else bumps in the proverbial night. THAT is something to seriously consider.. just from both a logical, and scientific perspective.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I've seen yahoo groups that try almost any suppressed technology
and never report success.
Also once you post a discovery some well experienced member
will can it in a patent and sell it before you get your paperwork
started.

I'm getting a book on high voltage apparatus so if it has Tesla
secrets I'll let you know.
We are kind of way past innovation here since I just heard that
John Jacob Astor III may have funded Nikola Tesla in initial testing
in Oregon in the 1890s.
The test proved once in hover his craft was unaffected by wind and
storm as he had stated.
Thus the ether is stable and one might say he made an ether ship.

So natch if I achieve suspension I will up a video on youtube right
away and tell everyone how to do it.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Killah29

Well apart from that....

I guess it's a great idea!

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
How about this (I am only half serious, but I have always wondered...):

Go around saying that you have IRON CLAD proof of an ET visit or have some artifact that was given to you, or say that you have a piece of a UFO.

If the government comes breaking down your door, it probably means that ET exists, and the government knows about it.

Like I said - I'm only half serious, but imagine if someone had the guts to do that and could somehow record what would happen (disappearances, threats, stalking by the supposed MIB - etc). A horrible idea, but it could work.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   

"Humanity, with the exception of a few philosophers, had no idea of the possibility of visitors from outer space. Earthman had not developed any view, method or scientific tool to cope with the problem. In addition he has developed in his offspring a character structure and a kind of thinking which obstructs the approach to the new fact by way of ridicule, slander and outright threat to the existence of the pioneer of space engineering. Therefore our new approach must start from scratch, as if no science existed at all."

Google search: Wilhelm Reich's Survey on Ea

[edit on 12-8-2009 by spacebot]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   
If you think Tesla met with ETs, as some people do, then the
best thing to do would be to open the doors of the Los Alamos
Robert Oppenheimer Library basement vault with a show cause
law suit.
Imagine going in there would be like going into another world.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Killah29

I would imagine they would not, partly because I believe they may have no secrets they are keeping. There is a very large chance that the government knows nothing more about this subject than the well educated ATSer. Every single document released by any government show nothing of significant interest (i.e. anything tht would blow this subject wide open). Some will say they are hiding the truth, but anybody with slightly less than half a brain, and who has dealt with the government, knows that they can't possible keep anything significant secret. They NEVER have before, and WILL NOT be able to do so in the future. Any secrets you "think" the government has kept (such as the development of nuclear weapons, stealth, whatever) has never been successfully kept a secret. Most of it has not been earth shattering, or interesting enough to make the news, but NONE of it has been secret. And most of this would fall far below the interest in the breaking story of a legitimate UFO breakthrough. No need to kill over secrets if they actually don't have any.

The other fault with your desire is that there can be no actual science study done with UFO's (which is convenient for the blind believers and the "space brother" crowd) due to the lack of information needed to apply the scientific method to this subject.

Then you have the "giggle factor" that the believer crowd and charlatans have saddled this subject with that makes it next to impossible to actually, seriously get mainstream intervention here. People around here love to crap on skeptics all day long, but I can tell you one thing, it's not the skeptic's fault this subject is laughable to the average Joe. Read have the thread titles on any given day here in this forum and you don't even need to click on the threads to understand the damage they do. The sad part is most of them are actually serious. Time and time again I see people say "that's the best UFO footage I have ever seen" while some of us are able to instantly deduce it is CGI, and if we post it is CGI early on we get crapped on, but let the thread go a few pages and we are always right. Odd that.

top topics

join