It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Power to Forgive

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
It's much like "The Power of Now", the power to forgive.

It unleashes nothing less than the creative realm of all possibility, by, at the most fundamental level, forgetting about the past, and setting up a clean slate.

I also think it operates, transluminally, in so far as it is a condition or state of being, which moves from within, outwardly, while lifting away the burdens, and the insanity of unforgiveness, which stems from judgement, and distinction, and therefore separation.

To forgive, outwardly, is to be one with everything inwardly, and from within, outwardly, like an eternal upwelling of love eminating from the very center of existence, in consciousness, and the presence of newfound unconditional love, and mutual acceptance.

And finally, I think that if there is a principal, lurking at the heart of forgiveness, in love, that such a principal must, by extension be a universal principal, which according to Bell's Theorem is by neccessity, non-local in its breadth and depth. So "local matters" when it comes to forgivness, just as it does love, in part because forgiveness and love ARE a universal principal of transformation, and therefore operating non-locally, within the framework of a hierarchy of love, a love which terminates at a point nothing short of the Godhead, in the final analysis and therefore, which rises to infinity. and since we are dealing here, in the grand scheme of things, with a non-localized, holographic phenomenon - it's a transformation not merely on earth, but also in heaven too.

"what is loosed on earth is loosed in heaven also, but what it bound on earth, is bound in heaven too."

So the question arises - what am I to do, if not to love, and if to love, then to forgive as I am forgiven, and to love as I am loved, to be love, give and have love, the only entirely non perishable susbtance, in eternity.

So to say with the utmost sincerety - "father forgive us our tresspasses, as we forgive those who tresspass against us" is to participate in the cocreative and transformative process, of life and evolution itself, in this instance born of the will to simple love as we are love, and are therefore loved, because "to be is to be percieved."

I know people may raise the issue of the "unforgiveable" but if we hang out with the realm of light and love in forgiveness, is to arrive at something much deeper, than our human judgements about right and wrong and good and evil. If we can let go and REALLY forgive, then by God we launch something - of the farthest reaching implications and proportion, right across the entire spectrum of all being and becoming.

Therefore, it is incumbant upon us, to forgive, if we are to even begin to evolve as human beings.

That's my two cents to try to kick off a discussion of some sort..

Best,

OP

[edit on 12-8-2009 by OmegaPoint]

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaPoint

There is power in forgiveness.
Forgiveness sets you free from the bonds of anger, hatred and
resentment.
That's Dr. Phils Life Law Number 9.
You should check out the other 9 Life Laws at Dr. Phil.com.
I like #2,4 and 8.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
The 3 three words "I forgive you" are just as powerful and have the same psychological and physical effects as "I love you"...to look another person in the eye and say either with sincerity of heart is the most powerful and positive thing you can do

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I will forgive but I will never forget. I was in a really bad relationship and it was abusive and I forgave him years later but I never forgot what he put me through. I helped him through his problems so he could be a better person and after seeing him do so much to be who he always wanted to be I felt it was time to forgive him and I did. It actually brought him to tears when I said it. I learned a lot from that relationship and in a way it made a much stronger person. We no longer speak because he just cant be around me because he says it reminds him of what he lost and how. I have told him that he needs to forgive himself but IMO forgiving yourself is much harder than forgiving someone else.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
but IMO forgiving yourself is much harder than forgiving someone else.

That's the real trick I think, and for me anyway, it helps to think of a higher power of one's own understanding, as a source of mercy and forgiveness, what I tried to describe in the OP as a universal principal of love and forgiveness, so that we can also forgive ourselves as we are forgiven.

And I think that because forgiveness and love are universal, very likely even the underlying force of creation itself and thus the ruling authority, so to speak, to forgive IS to BE forgiven. And so, in this way, when we forgive we are forigven, and thus are given the power, to forgive ourselves.

There's a self reinforcing and self referencial dynamic here, within the framework of what I like to call "the relativity of human being".

And let's face it, until we can forgive and forgive ourselves, how can we forgive and be forgiven? We are after all, and intrinsic, non-local holographic phenomenon, born of love, create by and for love, within the loving framework of universal providence ie: creation itself.

So this power of forgiveness, it resonates, through all the spheres.

And thus, in true forgiveness, which is also to forget (I must say, since running the playback through the mind over and over again isn't complete and total forgiveness), we recreate everything, from one, to another, and that's real power, because it transcends and completes the whole program, in a final standard of judgement, which is itself, mercy, forgiveness, and love.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
And this is why, before presenting ourselves to God (the all in all), the only way to BE presentable, is to go and first reconcile ourself to our brother or sister, and then, we can return and present our offering (ourselves).

There is something incredible here, when you start to grok it most fully, especially in relation to those with whom we are at enmity, and remain in a continual state of unforgiveness.

To turn "I hate you" into "I love you" with compassion - WOAH!

..even the compassion to recognize the limitations or illness of another, and to have mercy.

Does this mean you need to continue to participate in an unhealthy relationship? Heck no.

But to be real, it must be extended in the form of a communication.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 02:33 AM
link   

This thread and your previous posts are a total contradiction you know? You profess that love is cocreative. And to forgive one another. Yet you also state in previous posts that we are but one consciousness. Each of us, you are not real and only I am real. Why would I want to forgive something that is not real? And actually, you speak of the holographic Universe in this thread.

Not flaming or anything, just curious as to what your reasoning is. If I am mistaken about anything you say now or in the past, please let me know.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 03:13 AM
link   
To judge, and not forgive, is to separate and set apart, but to forgive and love and have compassion, is to be one, while extending one's love in a transformative and healing way.
There's always a paradox. We are one, but are separate as individuals, but in forgiveness and the end of judgement, from the shared ground of being emerges love, spontaneously.
I only bring the whole universe into it, based on my readings and searching, which suggests that the whole thing is a manifestation of love, and there can be no authentic love, until there is forgiveness, and we cannot be forgiven, until we ourselves forgive, and yet, because we ARE one, to forgive is to BE forgiven!
To forgive, and to love in spite of, is to be like God, who is among other things, love itself and the spirit of love, and that's non-local, transluminal, and yes, holographic.
When we forgive as we are forgiven, whole worlds are created, and when I say worlds I mean new realms of possibility for love, where there was none. And I am suggesting that this choice, this power, is in complete alignment with a universal creative principal, rendered in spiritual terms. And it's available, and present, for experience, or an ontological understanding, to be known.

For example - to really forgive and communicate forgiveness within the framework of one's family of origin - that opens up a whole new realm of possibility, for the one who forgives, and those who are forgiven. It changes everything.

For those who can bring themselves to presence to what this thread is attempting to convey - if you really hang in there with it, and "grok" of it most fully, you may come to smile the Buddha's smile.

It's right where the rubber meets the road, this idea of the power of forgiveness, and the choice remains - but to be liberated, and set free for freedom's sake, we must forgive, and perfect freedom and perfect peace is the freedom to love, and the peace which comes, is the peace of oneness, with the all in all. To be FREE from judgement, from distinction, from separation through the power of a radical, transformative forgiveness - surely there is nothing greater..

Where do you hate the most? There is where your forgivness must be directed, and on the other side of unforgiveness and hatred, there is the love and the peace of God. What do you find most disturbing about others or the world or humanity? Dissolve that hatred, and you are now part of the solution to the problem and no longer part of the problem itself.

It's so simple, and yet so very powerful, so transformative.

Want to cut down evil in its tracks - use the sword of forgiveness, and begin with your own family of origin.

But it's not entirely transformative unless communicated. It requies I think an extension of the self towards another, wherever possible, to expand the realm of light and love.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Experiment:

Do the work of forgiveness in relation to a living family member, and when ready, communicate with them, telling them only how the way you were being in relation to them, in judgement, was standing in the way of your love for them. Reconcile with them, get to the presence of your real and authentic love for them, with whatever amount of compassion you need to muster (as in some cases they may be sick or severely unconscious in some way or another), and then report back your results and what it did for you, and for them, and talk about the new realm of possibility for love, the new world which opened up as a result.

I promise to do it with my two semi-estranged brothers. Will report back.

If it's a principal as I say, then the principal must be proven right by its application.

It requires courage. And I would like to think I possess that courage. Therefore I have to call my brothers, and the sooner the better.

Simple, but not easy, and well worth the effort.

After all, what do we most want and need as human beings, but to love and be loved. And what really stands in the way of that love..?

Can you feel it? What's missing? What needs to happen? Are you courageous enough to change the world for youself and those you love? And can you take it a step further, and extend it even to those you hate?

"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of the most high."

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Thank You, Omega, for this nice OP.

When We bare total witness to this, the Blessed Eternal Moment and All that rises and falls within it, One can fully let go and flow in the fullness of the Unborn Self. The World of Opposites collapses in this environment. The perception of Pairs dissolves entirely. Forgiveness is no longer an effort but instead a natural byproduct to this Pure Witnessing. The Past is forgotten and the Future lingers not in wishful dreams. Only the fullness of the present moment satiates and completes Us into......One

In Lovingkindness

=)Namaste

Erik

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by redwoodjedi

Ahh, one who gets it.

It's like a dam, who's pent up negative energies, once released, flow as new light, but finding the gate lever to open it up isn't easy. Simple, but not easy.

My mother once told me that all judgement is a judgement about one's self. She was wise.

When we forgive where there was hatred and enmity, something deep within us is released, and if we can effectively communicate our forgiveness to the other person, precisely the same thing can occur for them as well.

It's psychological alchemy, and a spiritual liberation.

And until we can forgive, and forgive ourselves, and shed those tears, we cannot know the love of God, or the love of love (for those who react to the G word).

Myself I have been suffering from a survivors guilt for years where my two brothers, both adopted were abused sexually by my father (how shameful!). When it came out eventually, as these things tend to do, and my mother confronted him about it, and asked him "how COULD you?" he replied, "well it's not like they were my own flesh and blood" meaning, it's not like they were his own children (like me, who was passed over).

It's amazing how destructive these things can be, and how it can be even harder sometimes for the survivor, the one in the middle who was left alone.

There is so much pain, and in truth there are few families who are unscathed by the most atrocious deeds of wickedness and unloving.

I think the hardest thing most of us have to deal with, are the absolute failures in love in our own family of origin. And that is where the gate lever is for opening the dam, and allowing the new light of grace to flow.

It's simple - but not easy.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaPoint

Ahh, one who gets it.

It's like a dam, who's pent up negative energies, once released, flow as new light, but finding the gate lever to open it up isn't easy. Simple, but not easy.

My mother once told me that all judgement is a judgement about one's self. She was wise.

When we forgive where there was hatred and enmity, something deep within us is released, and if we can effectively communicate our forgiveness to the other person, precisely the same thing can occur for them as well.

It's psychological alchemy, and a spiritual liberation.

And until we can forgive, and forgive ourselves, and shed those tears, we cannot know the love of God, or the love of love (for those who react to the G word).

Myself I have been suffering from a survivors guilt for years where my two brothers, both adopted were abused sexually by my father (how shameful!). When it came out eventually, as these things tend to do, and my mother confronted him about it, and asked him "how COULD you?" he replied, "well it's not like they were my own flesh and blood" meaning, it's not like they were his own children (like me, who was passed over).

It's amazing how destructive these things can be, and how it can be even harder sometimes for the survivor, the one in the middle who was left alone.

There is so much pain, and in truth there are few families who are unscathed by the most atrocious deeds of wickedness and unloving.

I think the hardest thing most of us have to deal with, are the absolute failures in love in our own family of origin. And that is where the gate lever is for opening the dam, and allowing the new light of grace to flow.

It's simple - but not easy.

It's amazing to me how the ego tries to perpetuate itself in two makebelieve timelines. The Past and the Future. What it hates to admit is that all thoughts of the Past as well as all thoughts of the Future take place in the only timeline that is real in so much as it is a highway for all thought, the only timeline in which time itself is non-existent and irrelevant, the only timeline the ego itself despises and fears with utter abhorrence because it is a definite means not to it's own end but to it's unknowing and therefore ultimately it's BEing witnessed as nothing more than just another object in Pure Awareness, the Present: the unmoving rail upon which the Train of Thought travels while the Witness gazes casually out it's windows at the scenes of folly and fallacy that creativity bestows when left unfettered and unhindered and that All that is is realized quite suddenly as All You Are. Eternity in an instant is only a complete surrender away...

In Lovingkindness

=)Namaste

Erik

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
S + F because this brings up this if it weren't for forgiveness i don't know if id still be alive!

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   

That would be for another thread called "The Power of Now". This one is about the power to forgive.

I think it's even possible for some of us, myself included, to do everything, including increasing our own conscious awareness, so as to escape the pain.

But until I actually call my brothers and communicate to them how much I love them, and how much I forgive my dad for what happened, and ask them to forgive me for being "the special one" - it's just talk, and my meditations little more than escapism.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Hi Omega..very nice thread. Although you do like concepts (I prefer to side step them as much as I can), the feeling and intent behind your posts is clearly uplifting...take care

[edit on 12-8-2009 by Silenceisall]

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   

That would be for another thread called "The Power of Now". This one is about the power to forgive.

I think it's even possible for some of us, myself included, to do everything, including increasing our own conscious awareness, so as to escape the pain.

But until I actually call my brothers and communicate to them how much I love them, and how much I forgive my dad for what happened, and ask them to forgive me for being "the special one" - it's just talk, and my meditations little more than escapism.

I duly apologize if my last response seemed off topic albeit I do not think it was. Thinking....Ha!

What I was subtley trying to imply was, instead of focusing on the act of forgiveness itself which often requires thinking in terms of the Past in hopes of co-creating a positive Future, concentrate instead on just this moment and this one, and...

Let go entirely into the Present and collapse into the perpetual unfolding of the events before you.

The byproducts of thinking in other tenses or dwelling in other tenses other than the present moment are discomfort, fear, anxiety, worry and hate.

Byproducts of dwelling soley in the moment are unconditional Love, Compassion, Serenity, Fullness, Gentleness, Grace and....Forgiveness.

This is what I was trying to get across. I humbly apologize again for my vagueries. Words always seem to fail where none exist.

In Lovingkindness

=)Namaste

Erik

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   

True, the clinging to resentment, hatred, anger, fear, and unforgiveness can be dissolved in the presence of the present.

I guess my sentiment is that you can't JUST meditate. If the person or people are alive, who need to be forgiven or asked that they forgive us - then a communication needs to be delivered as "no man is an island".

For example, in the steps of AA, step four is

Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves

and step five,

Admitted to God, to ourselves and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.

Sure forgiveness is something we must do within ourselves, and get to peace, love, compassion, and the end of a running train of thinking and replaying the resentments or the guilt of bad acts

But so that we can be CERTAIN we've done the work, we must extend ourselves in communication, to the other, the object of our forgiveness, or the one from whom we seek forgiveness.

If it's just between us and God, or within ourself in relation to our higher self, we can still delude ourselves that the work has been done, but the TEST resides in the delivered communication, and that is where, in the relativity of human being, the act of forgiveness becomes powerful, imho.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   

True, the clinging to resentment, hatred, anger, fear, and unforgiveness can be dissolved in the presence of the present.

I guess my sentiment is that you can't JUST meditate. If the person or people are alive, who need to be forgiven or asked that they forgive us - then a communication needs to be delivered as "no man is an island".

For example, in the steps of AA, step four is

Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves

and step five,

Admitted to God, to ourselves and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.

Sure forgiveness is something we must do within ourselves, and get to peace, love, compassion, and the end of a running train of thinking and replaying the resentments or the guilt of bad acts

But so that we can be CERTAIN we've done the work, we must extend ourselves in communication, to the other, the object of our forgiveness, or the one from whom we seek forgiveness.

If it's just between us and God, or within ourself in relation to our higher self, we can still delude ourselves that the work has been done, but the TEST resides in the delivered communication, and that is where, in the relativity of human being, the act of forgiveness becomes powerful, imho.

My, you have a lot of knowledge of things. Is it helping? I'm not BEing flippant in my question either. I am serious. Is it helping to "know" all of these concepts and tools and things and stuff and.... How much of Your Self is realized?

You can't just meditate? Why not? I am never not meditating. What is meditation? The bald awareness of the Present Moment and All that rises and falls within it, correct? Anything else is just an ability which has an end, or a distraction which has an end, both of which take place the Blessed Present Moment as only object in Your Awareness.

Once One is realized, One can bring the unwavering awareness of the Pure Witness to every task in every situation even in the deepest sleep. Once realized, Big Mind is remembered and then to keep it as a re-cognition, Big Heart is cracked wide open so that Unconditional Love and Compassion soon follow.

Once realized, knowledge is meaningless and is seen as it was never necessary to begin with. There is nothing to know and everything to BE.

So again, bring the Witness to All that is done. Let that Light shine before You and illuminate Your path with Lovingkindness. It is in this path made straight by Your Shining Blessed Light that knows nothing to forgive because nothing ever happens in the Moment to YOU to forgive. This is what I mean when I say that forgiveness is a natural byproduct of presence. Seek not to forgive instead seek only to be present where forgiveness comes as a result.

I LOVE YOU more than YOU can know my Dear, Dear Brother!

=)Namaste

Erik

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a quote i thought of, when i read this...

when you are able to forgive, you are able to love, and when your able to love, you LIVE

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
I will forgive but I will never forget. I was in a really bad relationship and it was abusive and I forgave him years later but I never forgot what he put me through. I helped him through his problems so he could be a better person and after seeing him do so much to be who he always wanted to be I felt it was time to forgive him and I did. It actually brought him to tears when I said it. I learned a lot from that relationship and in a way it made a much stronger person. We no longer speak because he just cant be around me because he says it reminds him of what he lost and how. I have told him that he needs to forgive himself but IMO forgiving yourself is much harder than forgiving someone else.

Do not mistake letting go with forgetting. To forget something is to act as if it never happened, and if you did that, you would not be able to learn from your experiences -- you would never gain wisdom. To let go of what you have forgiven is to forget the feelings that you had -- to detach yourself emotionally from what has passed.

I speak from experience having lived though my own sets of tragedies and being trapped in an past abusive relationship myself. Until you do let go, your emotional energy that you have today will be drained back into events that cannot change and no longer exist -- the person who abused you still controls you even though you are no longer involved with them.

Today, I still see my former partner since I am obligated legally to do so, however I have no feelings at all for that person today -- neither anger nor hatred, neither regret or remorse. Okay, a bit of revulsion but it passes quickly. That past relationship has NO impact on me today. But I have not forgotten the events and have learned from them so that I am able to spot that sort of psychotic individual now and avoid becoming ensnared by them again.

Forgetting emotionally is not the same as amnesia, but it is vital for your healing and happiness. We remember our pasts to guide our futures.

One thing I have learned for example is to avoid any social event with the word "Singles" in the name -- unless you like feeling like a gazelle that has stumbled into a Lion's den.

Best Wishes.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join