It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Damn The Country, Obama Must Fail"

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

It states a majority, which until October this year means >50%. The really scary thing is that the reason HealthCare is so important to congress right now is that right now the Dems have a filibuster proof majority, in otherwords, if the Reps decide to just not show up then a vote can still be held. Something, that I am unfamiliar with, changed recently though to change a majority to mean >60%. Thus the dems will no longer have a filibuster proof majority after October of this year. The filibuster has entirely to do with the "Quorum" and has been used in the past by allowing the congressmen to go to the capital and simply not answer during role call. Funny thing is that the rules were broken once when the Speaker ordered that the non-answering members be listed as present but refusing to answer. Thus a "Quorum" was there and a vote was held.

It is interesting to point out that even if you make it a 2/3 required majority, the 183 of 238 delegates would still have met the Quorum Requirement. Further proof that this is just incorrect to think we didn't have a Quorum. Just for facts sake, the Senate had 50 of 66, also > 2/3 . Although, only > 1/2 was required for Quorum.

[edit on 22-9-2009 by memarf1]

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by memarf1

nor the lucy liberals making us wear bike helmets to bed for fear of falling out or making every bit of wild land a national landmark un-open to use by us viral humans.

I trust the "billy bob shotgun wielders" immensely more than their antithesis , but that is another thread.

I think I am going to start a new thread with my proposal as this one has just become a warzone as usual.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by I_am_Spartacus

u2u me with the link, I would be interested in discussing it too.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Yes, the 9th amendment is supposed to address the issue of a bill of rights enumerating the rights of the people, therefore turning implying that other rights are not granted. I recall that Jefferson was adamant on the fact that it is the powers of the government that are "cirumscribed" and not those of the people.

The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

This one seems to be a bit dusty.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by EnlightenUp

Yes, we should pull that one out way more often. That is probably one of the MOST important and usually completely ignored. Technically we don't even need the others when you think about it. But as stated by one of the founders, if they lay out some rights and not others, then some fools in the future will think that these are our only rights. Without the explicitly written it is hard to protect them. With a few written and not all, the others are even more difficult to claim.

I wish I could remember that exact quote or who said it, it's a rather important quote I think. I will have to go back and watch West Wing some more. hahaha

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by sanchoearlyjones

It's all fine and dandy until someone doesn't realize that just because something in Black's Law Dictionary does not automatically mean it is exercised as part of the legal code.

Much like a computer program, there is sometimes "dead code", that while perfectly valid code, is never executed on the CPU but is retained in storage.

Take "Capitis Diminutio Media, Minima, Maxima" where the usual rant is that capitalization of your name reflects your status as a citizen. Wrong, "capitis" has to do with one's head and has nothing to do with capital letters at all, even if the practice was part of Roman law.

I'm guessing "captial punishment" has to do removal of the head, thus the citizen. That's just an educated guess however.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by memarf1

It states a majority, which until October this year means >50%. The really scary thing is that the reason HealthCare is so important to congress right now is that right now the Dems have a filibuster proof majority, in otherwords, if the Reps decide to just not show up then a vote can still be held. Something, that I am unfamiliar with, changed recently though to change a majority to mean >60%. Thus the dems will no longer have a filibuster proof majority after October of this year. The filibuster has entirely to do with the "Quorum" and has been used in the past by allowing the congressmen to go to the capital and simply not answer during role call. Funny thing is that the rules were broken once when the Speaker ordered that the non-answering members be listed as present but refusing to answer. Thus a "Quorum" was there and a vote was held.

It is interesting to point out that even if you make it a 2/3 required majority, the 183 of 238 delegates would still have met the Quorum Requirement. Further proof that this is just incorrect to think we didn't have a Quorum. Just for facts sake, the Senate had 50 of 66, also > 2/3 . Although, only > 1/2 was required for Quorum.[edit on 22-9-2009 by memarf1]

Ok...

Lets get past the "Quorum" *theory*...

When Congress was *adjourned* how many delegates were needed, as to when it was *reconvened*?

Hmmm...seems a *way* was found around this...as well...
:shk:

How to survive a terrorist attack: the Constitution's majority quorum requirement and the Continuity of Congress
findarticles.com...

~
The Civil War Congresses essentially took the same "ends-justify-the-means" approach to the crisis they faced when the southern states failed to send senators and representatives to Washington in 1861.

As Part III of this Article showed, the Civil War Congresses took the radical step of altering the constitutionally fixed majority quorum rule to continue operations. (292)

Based on the language of the majority quorum rule in Article I, Section 5, Clause 1, the debate over quorum rules in the Constitutional Convention, and consistent practice in the First through Thirty-sixth Congresses, the quorum provision requires the presence of a majority of members from the House or the Senate--as those two chambers are defined by the Constitution and later statutes--before those chambers can do business.

During the Civil War crisis, the two chambers changed this fixed, institution-based definition of the quorum to a variable, member-based definition that viewed the House and Senate in terms of the members occupying seats at any particular moment. (293)

Rebuttal awaited...

Yes...I'm drawing this out on purpose...I love a *Parade*!!!

Hail Caesar!!!

[edit on 9/22/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Hx3, if you get a rebuttal, given the FACTS, a true rebuttal of factual logic and reasoning - I'll stand amazed.

It's those damned facts that keep getting in the way of a glorious, enthusiastic, name-calling debate.

It would appear that you just pulled the wind out of a lot of sails.

And I congratulate you on such a succinct, logical, historically accurate presentation.

And thank you.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

I thank you good friend!

The knowledge is out there...as myself and Proto claim...

The presentation of said knowledge, in the proper *forum* of debate, makes all the difference...

Too bad this will never reach the 300+ Million that need it most... :shk:

Hail Caesar!!!

Edit: Awaiting *Applause*... :shk:

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by sanchoearlyjones

Excellent point my friend Sancho when it comes to how they keep changing the Law dictionaries.

The efforts to dummy down American's are endless and know no bounds in the Powers that Be endless quest to rule by dictatorial decree.

Thankfully there are rabble rousers like me! Who know these things with the help of intelligent people like you.

Why it truly is amazing how the Corporate Lobbyists have such a hold on Congress...it seems even the House Historian!

You wouldn't believe the disinformation he passed on!

Shocking I tell you. Shocking!

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

BTW: Anyone have any idea what revision they're on, concerning *Blacks* Law dictionary???

...Has to be in the hundreds by now...maybe thousands after the last 40 years off the Gold Standard!

Edit: Dictatorial Decree...in a Dictionary even!

The very *Defination* of obtuse!!!

Obtuse
www.merriam-webster.com...

* Main Entry: ob·tuse
* Pronunciation: \äb-ˈtüs, əb-, -ˈtyüs\
* Function: adjective
* Inflected Form(s): ob·tus·er; ob·tus·est

* Etymology: Middle English, from Latin obtusus blunt, dull, from past participle of obtundere to beat against, blunt, from ob- against + tundere to beat — more at ob-, contusion

* Date: 15th century

1 a : not pointed or acute : blunt b (1) of an angle : exceeding 90 degrees but less than 180 degrees (2) : having an obtuse angle — see triangle illustration illustration c of a leaf : rounded at the free end

2 a : lacking sharpness or quickness of sensibility or intellect : insensitive, stupid b : difficult to comprehend : not clear or precise in thought or expression
synonyms see dull

— ob·tuse·ly adverb

— ob·tuse·ness noun

Edit: See American *Citizen*...

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   

I do appreciate your presentation skills, and your cut to the chase.

Proto, (rabble rouser that he is) likes to jump on someone and then pillage and burn. Proto did this to me a few times a while back, and it finally dawned on me (Mr. Swift and Certain) that he was looking much deeper, thus, we weren't speaking on the same frequency.

So I began to peel back layers, as in an onion, and while I've gone deeper than ever before, I almost dread getting to the center.

I do appreciate you and Proto exposing us to even MORE good information. I promise, there are many who read these posts, and never knew some of these things - me included.

Hail Caesar?

Hell yeah!

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Dooper my dear friend with a warriors heart and skill and General's and Scholars mind I am in reality all about peace and love! Since the Animal Control Department took away my lions and the Bankers repossed my arena I really have no choice!

Alas us mere mortals were probably never meant to reach the center of the Onion! Not even Lobbyists!

Yet as you get closer and closer the playing field becomes clearer and more even and that's why the despots and tyrants so love to keep us with blinders on our eyes.

Amazingly some people collect rare first edition books not for their rarity as an item, but by the time you get to the second edition and then the third and then the 4th and then the 5th the story keeps changing!

I would love to see what's in the Library of Congress in it's off limits depths and crannies.

I would love to see what's in the Vatican.

I would love to see what's in Buckingham Palace.

Information is true power, and it's why they try so hard to keep it from us, and it's why Masters devote their lives to learning, to find out the truth, because the old saying is very true:

The truth shall set you free. A man with your noble heart and courage should never be caged, or enslaved because it just wouldn't be healthy for he who made you enraged!

We fight the good fight! Always

Hail Caesar!

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Knowledge is power...

Let bygones be bygones...

It's not always easy to see beyond the *Matrix* we've been presented with...

...TPTB's power is the fact that they can, and do, alter reality on a on going basis, in such a *Obtuse* speak, we can't comprehend, due to their *stupefied* Public Education System forced upon us...as they planned...

And..there is no Mandate for Government to establish a Education System! /rant

Edit: DOH..dang you Proto!!! (To much Synchronicity!!!)

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Well if we actually knew which number the latest revision was they would just tell us in Wikipedia that was wrong and meant nothing, because after all they invent new Latin Words (a long dead language) every day to define!

That's the lobbyists at work!

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   

One thing I have to note about your earlier declaration of the 13th and subsequent amendments essentially being invalid and no congress being lawful after the corporate contract state was put in place is that this basically reverts everything back to before progress in civil rights (13th: abolition, 15th: race/ethnicity/voting and 19th: women's sufferage amendments and other legislation) had been made.

Maybe it's nothing on your part and nothing to do with an agenda but I have to not not (sic) take note of it. Consequences are relevent.

Edit: Fix butterfingers typo, 18th->19th

[edit on 9/22/2009 by EnlightenUp]

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Hows this???

nos es screwed
www.translation-guide.com...

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by EnlightenUp

When you consider us ALL to be a Corporate *Entity*, (See Strawman), with no actual *God Given* rights, the .Gov could care less about such things as rights...

We are *Bought and Sold* with a Foot-Print on Paper before it ever hits the ground...

I suggest you look further into the *Rabbit Hole*...

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hx3_1963
reply to post by dooper

Knowledge is power...

Let bygones be bygones...

It's not always easy to see beyond the *Matrix* we've been presented with...

The problem is those that wish to substitute the current *Matrix* and replace it with their own.

*stupefied* Public Education System forced upon us...as they planned...

It is really your plans that concern me.

And..there is no Mandate for Government to establish a Education System! /rant

But they knew better than to have an ignorant populace and Jefferson sure pushed for education to funded at the expense of the population. You wish to make people fear learning.

So what you want is no right to anything other than bare survival. You actually want ignore and want to push this crock of poo down unwary throats to have a dang Confederate state. Don't plan on succeeding. They're done with you and will show no mercy now.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hx3_1963
I suggest you look further into the *Rabbit Hole*...

I am, all the way from where it cheweth the cud and the truth is abundantly clear.

new topics

top topics

<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join