It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops and Government Goons ARE the Terrorists

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by KSPigpen
We are judged, constantly, by our appearance, body language, words, as to whether or not we are going to placidly accept the will of our oppressors.

Don't you judge a cop when you see one? You see a cop walking down the street or patrolling in a cruiser, what would you think? What if you saw a cop arresting someone that appeared to be resisting, would you assume that the cop was in the wrong?

I think it is fair to say that both sides misjudge the other, but that cannot be helped.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bushido Kanji

We are judged, constantly, by our appearance, body language, words, as to whether or not we are going to placidly accept the will of our oppressors.

Don't you judge a cop when you see one? You see a cop walking down the street or patrolling in a cruiser, what would you think? What if you saw a cop arresting someone that appeared to be resisting, would you assume that the cop was in the wrong?

I think it is fair to say that both sides misjudge the other, but that cannot be helped.

You bring up a pretty good point, Kanji. I don't deny that I judge as well, which is obvious by the title of the thread and my stance on the issue.

When I see a cop, I always try to lift my hand, or my head to acknowledge his presence, so he doesn't think I'm a terrorist. No, just kidding. I try to wave, to be cordial and ya know, most of the time, the cops around here are cordial right back. There IS this one though...

I can't explain it, but when I see someone being taken down, or swat rolling up to a house, I am morbidly curious and strangely happy that they will be busy for a little while. Oppression is always a little easier to stomach when it's not ME being oppressed.

Yup, that makes me selfish and probably just as arrogant as the cops I complain about, but in honesty, I'm just glad it's some OTHER punk getting the smackdown and not me.

So...;you stated that both sides judge, but that it can't be helped? Is that you giving up? Is it based on history? Are you making excuses for cops? Excuses for citizens?

How do we move past it, Kanji? You've told us where you're headed and I have applauded that. I've also asked for you to remember us regular guys when you do...what do we need to do as a people, as cops, as civilians to move past this? If you say 'just do what the cops say' I'm going to be a little dissappointed.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by rjmelter

Personally... Avatars are supposed to be created to represent you...

It does represent me, just not the way Locutis thinks. Afterall, it IS me. How could it not represent me..

Why create a thuggish avatar if it doesn't represent you? Instead of referring ppl to other threads why dont you just explain it again so we can ALL GET BACK ON TOPIC!

I could not have explained my avatar any better than I already have, I posted 2 links that fully explain it, i think if you had followed up on those you'd see, it really does represent me. The reference to the other thread wasn't to Locutis specifically, it was to anyone who attacks an avatar on a thread. Locutis added himself to that list....

My post was totally on topic BTW.

This one isn't......but I felt obliged to respond to YOUR off topic post.

-Liquid

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Oppression is always a little easier to stomach when it's not ME being oppressed.

That is the case for everyone, so don't feel like you are the odd one out. When I see things on the news that would traumatize the victims, I feel relieved that it didn't happen to anyone I knew. I feel bad about it now that I think about it. It is that sense of self-preservation that drives us to be more cautious and label people into the same group (i.e. Cops as oppressors and thugs as bad guys). It is our need to feel secure, as well as our interests, that makes us all formulate the opinions stated in this very topic.

So...;you stated that both sides judge, but that it can't be helped? Is that you giving up? Is it based on history? Are you making excuses for cops? Excuses for citizens?

It isn't me giving up, it is me being realistic. I could be an optimist and say that I will do whatever I can within my power to make this world a better place, but most people would brush it off as just talk. I myself see it as it is, an obstacle that cannot be done by one person, but rather an entire community. Until we come together and cherish our differences and embrace other opinions with respect, you will not see anything change.

I am not making excuses, I am stating psychological fact. There will always be some cops that twist the rules to fit their sadistic needs, and there will always be citizens that do just the same. We are ALL at fault, and by all I mean both sides, not each and every one of the people on both sides. I only say that because there are people like you and I, Pigpen, that can have our own opinions and still respect another on the other side.

If you say 'just do what the cops say' I'm going to be a little dissappointed.

Heh, well I think I already touched this in the paragraphs above. Respect goes a long way. Both sides desire it, a lot of people don't deserve it, but it still would be in everyone's best interest to try to be respectful and polite, even if you have to become pretentious.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by KSPigpen

Well this will be my last post probably, maybe im just young and stupid, but i'll tell you this, all i carry are the necessary items (radio, gun, handcuffs, and gloves), i am trained and certified to use mace, batons, asps, and tazers. And i will admit even i am afraid of tazers, i got tazed and it sucks beyond all reason. I still jump a little when i hear one go off. Its nice to know that the effects only last 5 seconds though. Unless you get hit with the shotgun round thats coming out, which is a 20 second ride

But back on topic, i talk to the kids in my town, i take the time to talk to citizens when they are out (i work 10PM to 6AM), i am only 21 but i grew up with cops, my father was one and cops were at my house all the time because of it. I have never been afraid of a cop. I am that old school type of cop that the older generations remember.

Not once have i ever injured anyone i have arrested, i have the kids of the town talking to me before anyone else. And for anyone who wants to know, i am already working on the development of a program to get cops active in communities again. They were my sports coaches, community leaders, and all that good stuff, and i want that back.

intense, sharp, overmastering fear..... violence or threats of violence used for intimidation or coercion... Violence committed or threatened by a group to intimidate or coerce a population, as for military or political purposes. Those are 3 definitions of terror. None if which i believe cops cause. Unless you did something and are afraid of being caught.

Cops don't use violence or threats of it for coercion or intimidation, and its not for political or military reasons... We do use it to enforce the laws you voted for, we do use it to catch and control criminals.

Now if u define terror with this definition, a person or thing that is especially annoying or unpleasant, then ya I'm a terrorist, but so is your 5 year old cousin and creepy old uncle.

I'm not saying some cops aren't dirty or corrupt, but terrorist? rly? I'm afraid not... way to strong of a label.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by voudew

It was a pleasure discussing this with you.

It sounds like you are a good cop and that makes me happy for you and your family and the people in your community.

I think we have probably ALL done something in our lives that we aren't proud of, but I DO think that there are a LOT of people that have an irrational fear of law enforcement.

Many, many ordinances that exist in my city are NOT the result of any citizen input. People are disconnected from the process, unless it's something really big. Maybe that contributes to the problem.

We have public meetings, but no one shows up.

Have you ever heard the one about bathing your donkey in the tub? There are a lot of retarded laws and ordinances out there. I think sometimes that DOES put the cops on the wrong side, just because they chose the job. If you are required to enforce a law, and it's a stupid law, I think that can cause some of the problem.

But you have to admit...SWAT storms your house, the WRONG house and shoots your dog...when you (not YOU personally) clean the poo out of your britches (from terror) the apologies just don't help very much. They don't bring your dog back. Chances are, they don't even fix your door.

Cops are powerful because we as a society have given them (you) that power. In a perfect world, there would be no abuse of that power. I don't think 'terror' counts when it's paranoia at getting caught for something you did wrong.

And yeah, I still do believe that cops can induce terror. This is NOT an original thought on MY part. A quick search of that interweb thingy will help you understand why this is not an uncommon thought.

Here's just one...I didn't feel like getting all negative again, so I didn't spend too much time looking.
Police Terror Strikes Southern Cali Again (Link)

I appreciate you stopping by though. Whether or not you think you are young and stupid...you've made a great contribution to this discussion.

[edit on 13-8-2009 by KSPigpen]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by liquidsmoke206

Just read your comments about your avatar in the other thread. So what your doing by calling every cop a terrorists in an earlier comment, is judging the whole, by contact with a few, is really no different than people assuming your a "wanta be gansta" by looking at your avatar and making the connection that this is you, w\o actually first knowing anything about who you are.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Thanks

I do have a story that may shed some light i just remembered.

A few months after i started being a cop, we got a call one night, a robbery in progress and the robber had a knife to the home owner. So we rush to the scene, we get to the house, and we hear loud shouting, and the door was locked, so we kicked the door in, guns were drawn becasue the suspect had a knife, we get up the stairs and the are about 5 male mexicans standing around (none spoke english), we get them all on the ground, a little girl (about 10 years old) came running from a room, yelling and crying don't shoot my mommy, please don't shoot my mommy. We clear every room, no robbery and no guy with a knife, we contact the Comm Center and tell them, they say ya we made a mistake, its the next house down and the home owner has the guy who was robbing him detained with a knife. We went back to the 1st house after everything was settled to explain the situation, when i opened the door, i heard the litle girl start crying again.

Sometimes, its not the cops fault, sometimes we get bad info. The borough paid for the door.

Although, i did have to go back to the house a few months later for a domestic and take one of teh males away becasue he had a warrant for his arrest. But that little girl was there, shaking in fear behind her mother, i asked her what was wrong, she asked me... You aren't gonna shoot anyone, are you?

I still feel bad, but hey, i was only acting on the info i received and trying to protect the citizens of my town.

Cops wouldn't be able to enforce the law if they weren't a little intimidating, if we wore pink and carried squirt guns, and told someone stop __________ (whatever u wanna put), how many people would actually listen.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Locutis

where did I say all cops were terorists?

...here let me help you out locutis...here are some of my OWN quotes from this thread that contradict what you're saying about me.....

"A" cop might be cool. but the police would seem to be an organization of thugs, goons, or possibly terrorists based on the OP's case

I clearly state that as an individual a cop could be cool. and referred to them as POSSIBLE TERRORISTS.......BASED ON THE OP'S CASE(I am not the originator of this thread....). Anyone can read it, let the records show that Locutis is a word twister and just makes things about people.

All is never a good word to use, but in general I'm not a fan of cops.

Could this be anymore clear? Yes, I'm generalizing when i use the term cops, that's the point of the word cops. I also clearly state that all is never a good word to use! Let the records show that Locutis doesn't even read my posts. Is it that you just don't like me because of my avatar? How judgmental are you?

i got a million effed up cop stories, in fact...I don't think I have a single positive one

Despite this fact, I still think a cop could be cool. What does that say about me Locutis? Does any of this make a case for what your saying? Does it not in fact make a case for the exact opposite of what you're saying?

Face it bro, Liquidsmoke is everything you aspire to be...

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by liquidsmoke206

Why would they? cops are terrorists......Not my quote, you forgot to read down more in your own paragraph. I don't know you to say I like you or not, just agreeing to disagree.

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join