It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops and Government Goons ARE the Terrorists

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 03:26 AM
link   
OK, here, I AM A COP.

I can tell you this, i can think of maybe 5 cops i have ever worked with that like doing traffic stops and writing tickets, and they are doing them to either get drugs arrests or DUIs. The rest of the time we do them becasue we are told to.

Cops are doing this because we wanna help people, we like order, peace calm and quiet nights are good. We don't mind that you are on a podeum speaking yor mind, but we do mind the A** hole in the audiance getting a worked up, because he is the Douchebag who goes out and breaks a store window.

In those RIOT pics you posted, its comming down to this, idk what you have (weapon wise, knives, guns, etc) or what you snorted, injected, or smoked, but i do know that if it comes down to it, Im not letting you hurt me or anyone else. And I AM going home to my family at the end of the night.

I wanna make something else clear, in those other pics you see, there will always be more cops than the suspect. And you will never see the footage of when it was 1 on 1, or from the begining of the situation. Its is the cop's job to ensure the bad guy doen't get away, to break into your house and take your stuff, or hurt your kids, or rape your wife. If a bad guy gets gets hurt, its there are too many cops, if he get away there aren't enough cops. If we speed to a 911 call, its cops are wreckless, and if we aren't at your house immediately when you call, its cops are lazy.

If you hear the "horror" stories of 3 cops shooting a guy 9 times. Think about it, each cop only fire 3 rounds, they were not gonna stand arround going well hes high and drunk and coming at us with a knife, do u wanna shoot or should i?

If all the cops said ya know what..... F*ck it, we r taking today off, i would bet within 3 hours you would you would have total chaos and within 6 hours you would have Martial Law in place... and maybe 2 hours after that you would be begging for normal cops to come back again.

Please, do my job, take the badge and gun, if you feel you could do it better, go ahead join the force. I dare you

Military, Firefighters, EMS, and Police... Only the finest become them. Becasue only the best can put up with their problems, their family's problems, and everyone else's problems without going completely insane.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Ohh, and if you wanna know why some cops are so bitter, and mean, and all that other stuff... Cops deal with the Lowest parts of Humanity everyday if their career, im not complaining, i like it, but ya it gets to some people. You become paranoid, its a side effect of being a cop, always looking around, always looking at people, and always seeing the worst in them, always wondering, what have they done wrong today.

I take offence to anyone who says cops are ignorant and dumb. I am an educated person, i have gone to college. Am i your average cop, no. I'm a geek and a gamer in my free time. But still generalizing about that is wrong and ignorant of you.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by voudew

voudew, your english writing obviously does'nt add up to your claims of being educated... not more than going to college or being a gamer is. Ever read Tolstoi, Thoreau, Machiavelli, Nietzsche or Foucault? Or listened to any underground music that does'nt come down as "American rock"? Or contemplated a painting from the flemish renaissance painters, or Salvatore Dali? Obviously you never did, as you most probalby would'nt still be a cop if you did so. Moreover, your apology for police work is so absurd that I'm still unsure if it's not just sarcasm.

Go back to your "culture" of beating down the unarmed "bad" guys who rape White daughters like you do in Gears of War 6 and please stop pretending being worthy of an intelligent debate.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by sanchoearlyjones

whoa whoa whoa, dont twist my words, i never said that we unite through terrorism, i said if there were no bad people doing bad things then there would be ne good people, because the good people would have nothing to compare themselves to, therefore there will always be bad people dooing bad things, like terrorists. Someone has to keep the people seperate from the government and thats them, right there in the middle.

Government|Terrorists|Normal People/Citizens

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by voudew
OK, here, I AM A COP.

I can tell you this, i can think of maybe 5 cops i have ever worked with that like doing traffic stops and writing tickets, and they are doing them to either get drugs arrests or DUIs. The rest of the time we do them becasue we are told to.

Thanks for joining.

Just for the sake of argument, I would sure like to know how many of those cops you have worked with that have broken the very laws they had sworn to protect.

Cops are doing this because we wanna help people, we like order, peace calm and quiet nights are good. We don't mind that you are on a podeum speaking yor mind, but we do mind the A** hole in the audiance getting a worked up, because he is the Douchebag who goes out and breaks a store window.

So...let me see if I understand this right....we are FREE, by your standards, to speak our minds (thank you, by the way), but what you DO mind is the "a** douchebag" that 'get's worked up' about it? So as long as we don't get worked up about the erosion of our rights or a perceived injustice, everything is fine, right? Do you ever get 'worked up' when ordering someone to comply with your instructions? Is it ok for YOU to get 'worked up' but not some civilian?

In those RIOT pics you posted, its comming down to this, idk what you have (weapon wise, knives, guns, etc) or what you snorted, injected, or smoked, but i do know that if it comes down to it, Im not letting you hurt me or anyone else. And I AM going home to my family at the end of the night.

I'm sorry. They weren't ALL riot pics. I'm sure you would like us to believe that. I threw in a couple more. One was Mr. Rodney King. Remember THAT one? No riot there, well, unless you consider seven or eight cops beating the hell out of one man a riot. I'm guessing that by the time they had five or six of the cops beating the hell out him they already knew EXACTLY what he was carrying. Good job cops!

I wanna make something else clear, in those other pics you see, there will always be more cops than the suspect. And you will never see the footage of when it was 1 on 1, or from the begining of the situation.

Yeah, fraid not. The problem, much to LEOs dismay, is that we HAVE seen that footage as well. One that pops to mind right now is the police chief tazing the 16 year old. If you like, I can start another thread, call it 'mano o mano' or something like that. Your uninformed on this point. I don't know how else to say it. I would personally think that cops would behave BETTER when they have someone there watching, but the truth is, there is plenty of 'cops gone wild' footage that only shows one cop.

Its is the cop's job to ensure the bad guy doen't get away, to break into your house and take your stuff, or hurt your kids, or rape your wife. If a bad guy gets gets hurt, its there are too many cops, if he get away there aren't enough cops. If we speed to a 911 call, its cops are wreckless, and if we aren't at your house immediately when you call, its cops are lazy.

Well....judging by the statistics, I would say that the cops aren't doing their job. For some reason, the DOJ doesn't really want us to know the REAL numbers, but here is what they have:

In 2006, there were an estimated 92,455 forcible rapes reported to law enforcement

Nationwide in 2006, there were an estimated 447,403 robbery offenses.

In 2006, there were an estimated 2,183,746 burglary offenses

Yeah, no offense, but WHAT is it that cops are 'protecting' the people 'from' again?

So, a bunch of cops get into a high speed chase, the perp hits a truck full of a family and all but one dies. A little kid left alone, so that the cops could bring a couple other guys to justice. Collateral damage? Acceptable?

Another cop is speeding down a residential street, no lights, no sirens, 'going to a call' and hits a kid on a bike. Collateral damage? Acceptable?

If you hear the "horror" stories of 3 cops shooting a guy 9 times. Think about it, each cop only fire 3 rounds, they were not gonna stand arround going well hes high and drunk and coming at us with a knife, do u wanna shoot or should i?

So, I'm going to overlook the fact that you are saying everyone who gets shot by the cops are high or drunk, as that is beneath even a cop. But, what I hear you saying is 'well-trained' cops are no better at shooting a 'drunken high' criminal than a few middle school volleyball players? Ever watch one of those games? Someone yells, 'Got it!' and then, surprisingly, ONE person makes the shot. Maybe cops should take volleyball lessons then, huh?

If all the cops said ya know what..... F*ck it, we r taking today off, i would bet within 3 hours you would you would have total chaos and within 6 hours you would have Martial Law in place... and maybe 2 hours after that you would be begging for normal cops to come back again.

I wouldn't have to wait the eleven hours, I've been begging for 'normal' cops to to come back for a long, long time now. I think you suffer from the misconception that civilization is not possible without guys wearing guns, killing innocent people and oppressing anyone who disagrees with them.

Please, do my job, take the badge and gun, if you feel you could do it better, go ahead join the force. I dare you

Just a bit over dramatic. If you were really a cop, how could you be so willing to turn your badge and gun over to someone else? I do my share for the cops in my community, and yeah, they are good cops.

Military, Firefighters, EMS, and Police... Only the finest become them. Becasue only the best can put up with their problems, their family's problems, and everyone else's problems without going completely insane.

I think this one requires a separate thread as well. Your assertion that 'only the best' join these four groups is certainly a heart-tugger, (I'm feeling all warm inside,) but it's false. We wouldn't have the need for Internal Affairs departments, the UCMJ, or the president pleading to not release pics to save the asses of those, of the finest, that were torturing other human beings.

It's understandable to want to elevate yourselves to demigods when you have such tremendous power. That's human nature. What isn't undertsandable is the size of the rock that it must take for you to hide under when it comes to being aware of the potential for, and the actual abuses that happen EVERY DAY in the name of 'protecting us from ourselves.' I suppose maybe that's just human nature as well.

I'm not trying to paint things with one brush. I know it probably seems that way, but this is a discussion about terror generated BY the police and other government agencies and whether they classify, by definition, as terrorists. If you are asserting that they do not induce terror, and are therefore NOT terrorists, that is your opinion. One with which I do not agree.

Again, thank you for your input.

[edit on 12-8-2009 by KSPigpen]

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnoughIsEnough
"We have learned what the true definition of a terrorist is. We have all been taught to think it's an Arab. I won't mince words here. It's a foreign guy, with an evil squint, probably wearing something wrapping up his hair. He might also be well shaven, to disguise himself as one of us, but he is probably not 'from around here.'"

What a load of bullsh*t!

I see many people these days saying that we all perceive 'terrorist' as being of Muslim nature.

NO ONE DOES>!

The media can sometimes make out that accusation but when its only 'Muslims' blowing themselves up in areas where men, women and kids stand on TV and bringing up crimes throughout the world. You have to think to yourself! No one else is doing this!

NO ONE HAS BEEN TAUGHT!!!! ITS IN FRONT OF OUR EYES!( and I do not mean TV )

Muslim extremists are the main cause of terrorism right now with there outlandish religious belief system.( All religion should be thrown away.)

So do not even come it, making out we all 'claim' its Muslims. NO! It is Muslims.....If Muslims have a problem about their status as good people, then they should get of their arses and try and stop these 'terrorists'.

Has anyone on this site got a brain!?

[edit on 11-8-2009 by EnoughIsEnough]

I apologize for everyone on this site that fails to meet your rigorous benchmarks for intelliigence. Or perhaps I musunderstood your question.

To assume that Islam is the source of ALL terrorosism in this worl is shallow bigotry.

Please read about the Spanish Inquisition, the Christian Crusades, the Oklahoma City bombing, the list goes on, if you're interested.

Collectively, hundreds of thousands of people terrorized, tortured and murdered in the name of one religion or another, or retribution, motivated by the massacre of civilians by those in power.

I am slightly amused by your claim that Muslim's have an 'outlandish belief system,' but this is not the place for that debate. Invite me, please, when you begin it.

It is incredibly easy for the masses to be duped into rattling their patriotic chains whenever the 'new' boogyman is introduced as the entity that we need to destroy 'for the good of humanity.'

My assertion remains that, if those in power are using the threat of pain, violence, incarceration or death to coerce us into compliance, then they, by definition are terrorists.

I am not here to debate the merits and shortcomings of religion.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by voudew

Just one more thought....

Ohh, and if you wanna know why some cops are so bitter, and mean, and all that other stuff... Cops deal with the Lowest parts of Humanity everyday if their career, im not complaining, i like it, but ya it gets to some people.

I appreciate knowing how you REALLY feel about the citizens you are charged to serve and protect. Especially since I have seen cops at schools, giving presentations to our youth, showing up at block parties...hmmm. You wonder why there is an issue with perception?

Where is YOUR mention of the citizens that actually make your job great? Have you ever enjoyed your interaction with another human being that wasn't carrying a gun or decked out in five thousand dollars worth of taxpayer gear?

Just wondering if we are ALL the 'Lowest parts of Humanity' that you alluded to. You didn't clarify. That sounds like an awesome book title, by the way.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by TSer78

Originally posted by antimatter21

The system is too far gone now that we need a crisis in the form of a revolution--not just by the people, but by the henchmen who serve on the wrong side of the coin, ie. the police.

Why don't you, and all the public servant haters, request a "Do Not Assist" system. Much like the "Do Not Call registry", the cops will just ignore any calls from your location.

Do us a favor, so that we can drive past your burning house without the police cars, and fire engines slowing down traffic.

[edit on 12-8-2009 by TSer78]

It is sad that you miss the whole point. Don't you hear the frustration from all these angry posts? Can't you feel the desperation in their words? You sit there and defend something that has already turned it's back on you, even if you are one of them or not.

People here are supporters of the constitution and upholding the law, but when the ones who are supposed to protect and serve are the ones breaking those laws and taking away our rights and keeping us in fear, that is when the levee will break my friend. I have no symapthy for any one who signs up to serve the country or public and they are either wounded or killed. I served my country for 8 years and all that I learned is that coming back to this #hole police state run by gangsters is not what I signed up to fight for. Its time we had a new sign up sheet.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by voudew

Star for you.

I have great respect for what it is you do and I am entirely grateful that you do it, because when it comes down to it the majority of people in this world don't want to.

I am not one of those people.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Oh, and KSPigpen.

I am sure you are aware of the controversy behind the Rodney King video/picture. It isn't fair to post that in with the riot police pictures, it just doesn't have the same feel to it.

It doesn't tell the whole story because someone, once again, conveniently didn't tape it all the way through.

The other pics are fine though~
I love the Micky Mouse riot gear!

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Reply to post by Bushido Kanji

Once again Kanji, I find myself in respectful disagreement with you.

I feel the picture of the King incident is entirely pertinenet and valid in this discussion.
Even though it may not have been an entirely accurate pictue, it wasn't about that incident. It's about the fear and distrust that is generated when those with power abuse it. That incident, though not the topic is a great example of amplifying distrust and fear through the excessive use of force. It should be a part of every cops training and not just to learn how to not get caught.
Terrorism has a lot of faces. How beneficial was the King 'thing' in fostering meaningful relations between the civilians and the police? Did it cause more terror? Do you think that the generation of young people exposed to that grew up to love the cops or fear them?
What we live in now is the world that is the result of the behavior of our oppressors. People are afraid and angry....with understanable motivation.
The cops and government do not own all the blame, but mindless violence and arrogance does nothing to endear you to your subjects.
Thanks for your input Kanji.

Edit to clean up text from the mobile..

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

[edit on 12-8-2009 by KSPigpen]

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Locutis

Judging from your avatar I understand why. Sounds like your an upstanding roll model in your community, keep up the good work.

Judging by the fact that you judge people by their avatars without knowing any context, I can see why you've had such a hard time denying ignorance in this thread.

I'm not calling myself a role model, but then again....I don't havea single speeding ticket..

Don't tell me you think cops make good role models...

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by liquidsmoke206

Not saying they make good role models either,but someone holding a gun up in the air, wearing a hoodie and trying to look "gansta", one would assume thats why police harass them. If you got all the answers, maybe you should run for office or become a community leader and fix the corruption that's goes on in law enforcement. Better yet if you only have a minor, petty speeding ticket, I'm sure you could still qualify to signup for the local police force and actually see what goes, from others perspective's, instead of assuming that all police are dirty, corrupt, or incompetent.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Echtelion

Thanks so much for coming back with an asault on my grammer, and not making any valid argument whatso ever...

BTW i do listen to your "underground music" and i have read many clasical liturature works, including The Divine Comedy by Dante, and many other works, mainly on philiosophy of God, death, morals, and ethics. And i have admired many beautiful works of art as before moving into criminal justice i was an Art theropy major.

So, if you wanna have an adult discussion on the topic, let me know, if your gonna make personal attacks because you can't come up with a valid argument kindly STFU and GTFO.

[edit on 13-8-2009 by voudew]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by KSPigpen

We do break some laws, speeding, fluffing stop signs, maybe helping a friend out of a DUI. Its the perks of the job, every job has them, some more useful than others. But i assure you, Good Cops are looking for ways to get the Crooked Cops, and the perks pretty much end with small vehicle code violations.

When i said "worked up" i ment to the piont where he brings his emotions and words into physical violance. I don't mind someone speaking and people yelling back to them. Cops have to worry about the croud getting out of control so that public and private property aren't damaged, and no person is injured, that includes Citizens and other cops.

On those few rare occasions of police brutality you see, I would like to remind you that a few bad apples spoil the bunch. You only see and read about the really juicey calls we get, good and bad. You hear of maybe 10% of what we actually get. And that is a generous percentage.

So, you cited 3 felonies totalling 2,631,149 incidents. Thats not counting the other felonies, misdemeanors, and summary offences, and the other random complaints we get. and ""There are as of 2006, 683,396 full time state, city, university and college, metropolitan and non-metropolitan county, and other law enforcement officers in the United States. There are approx. 120,000 full time law enforcement personnel working for the federal government adding up to a total number of 800,000 law enforcement personnel in the U.S."" (wiki answers) So answer me how are the 700,000 of us going to protect 300 million people from everything. The police do what they can to help you, and trust me, it aint like law and order, NCIS, or CSI by a long shot. It makes it extremely difficult to do the job when almost everyone is doing what they can to make it harder. i say 700,000 becasue the feds ain't worrying about your 911 calls.

A call where you have your gun drawn is not a volleyball game, its usually very very bad, and hectic, and honestly have to be ina situation like that to understand.

I could easily turn over my job becasue like that i know most people wouldn't take it if it was the last one on earth, and if they did they would give it back within a month.

I say only the finest and best because, once you are in one of those groups, police for example, you know who is a cop and who is a bully with a gun and badge.

The system to get in is man made and people slip in who shouldn't, i admit that, and cops are people too, some get a giant ego, who wouldn't, some make mistakes, some are just plain bad. BUT to say that cops are terrorists is completely wrong. It is our job to maintain the status quo, to ensure that your rights, aren't violated by another, but that sometimes violates that other persons rights. Its a thin line.

And about the lowest parts of humanity. I deal with the citizens for about the 15 minutes it takes to get their info and what happened. The next 3-4 hours are spent in a room with a "person" calling you everything they can think of, because i arrested them for ______ (choose ne crime you like).
Once in a while you get someone who goes ya, i did it, take me away... but thats rare. And thats if you find the Suspect right away... if not its days of looking for them. And the cases where you do deal with the upstanding citizen a lot is when they're at the saddest point in their life, their house burned down, their loved one was killed, their child was raped.

Every now and again, someone does come along and say thank you, or say hey, if your not busy stop for coffee, or hey we are having a BBQ come on in. But its rare, and usually its family of the EMS or firefighers you work with. No one calls 911 or the police to just say thanks...

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Locutis

Not saying they make good role models either,but someone holding a gun up in the air, wearing a hoodie and trying to look "gansta", one would assume thats why police harass them.

Police don't harrass me and I never said they did, I pointed out 2 cases where i was handed petty pointless tickets. I thought I did pretty good job of looking gangsta... wanna see why?
click here!!

It was for a movie that me and some friends made! Becuz i have a creative side, like a lot of my role models, who BTW weren't cops.

For more info on my avatar i strongly suggest you look at my post on page 11 of THIS THREAD where I slam you, way back on July 5th for slamming my avatar. That's right, you're that predictable.

pwned.

If you got all the answers, maybe you should run for office or become a community leader and fix the corruption that's goes on in law enforcement.

I don't have all the answers. I will say running for office has crossed my mind, but realistically we both know that theres very little one person can do to tackle police corruption, I mean come on now...

Better yet if you only have a minor, petty speeding ticket, I'm sure you could still qualify to signup for the local police force and actually see what goes, from others perspective's, instead of assuming that all police are dirty, corrupt, or incompetent.

I have no desire to be a cop, I'm happy with what I do now. All is never a good word to use, but in general I'm not a fan of cops.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Personally... Avatars are supposed to be created to represent you...

Why create a thuggish avatar if it doesn't represent you? Instead of referring ppl to other threads why dont you just explain it again so we can ALL GET BACK ON TOPIC!

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by voudew

We do break some laws, speeding, fluffing stop signs, maybe helping a friend out of a DUI. Its the perks of the job, every job has them, some more useful than others. But i assure you, Good Cops are looking for ways to get the Crooked Cops, and the perks pretty much end with small vehicle code violations.

Wow. The perks of my job are health insurance and the opportunity to feed my family. There is no way you can justify breaking the law as a 'perk' of your job. Can you see how wrong that sounds to those of us that don't get that 'perk?'

On those few rare occasions of police brutality you see, I would like to remind you that a few bad apples spoil the bunch. You only see and read about the really juicey calls we get, good and bad. You hear of maybe 10% of what we actually get. And that is a generous percentage.

I understand that voudew and have stated that a couple different ways already. It's not about every cop being dirty.

So, you cited 3 felonies totalling 2,631,149 incidents. Thats not counting the other felonies, misdemeanors, and summary offences, and the other random complaints we get. and ""There are as of 2006, 683,396 full time state, city, university and college, metropolitan and non-metropolitan county, and other law enforcement officers in the United States. There are approx. 120,000 full time law enforcement personnel working for the federal government adding up to a total number of 800,000 law enforcement personnel in the U.S."" (wiki answers) So answer me how are the 700,000 of us going to protect 300 million people from everything. The police do what they can to help you, and trust me, it aint like law and order, NCIS, or CSI by a long shot. It makes it extremely difficult to do the job when almost everyone is doing what they can to make it harder. i say 700,000 becasue the feds ain't worrying about your 911 calls.

The statistics, from the DOJ website are NOT all inclusive. I know that. The small number of offenses listed was in response to THIS statement of yours:

Its is the cop's job to ensure the bad guy doen't get away, to break into your house and take your stuff, or hurt your kids, or rape your wife.

You can't have it both ways. Either you are the protectors, like you stated and are responsible for ALLOWING the statistics above, or you are not. But that's really irrelevant. Cops do not prevent crime. That is painfully obvious. Cops do not 'ensure' (sic) that the 'bad guy' doesn't break into my house, hurt my kids, or rape my wife. As a cop, I would think you could entertain a more realistic perspective, but that isn't the issue either.

A call where you have your gun drawn is not a volleyball game, its usually very very bad, and hectic, and honestly have to be ina situation like that to understand.

I don't think it takes a lot to understand that it is a stressful, difficult, dare I say, scary situation when guns are drawn. What surprises me is why, with so much gear, technology and training, why would they ALL have to shoot?
Has a guy with six bullets in him often 'needed' three more to stop the twitching or something?

The system to get in is man made and people slip in who shouldn't, i admit that, and cops are people too, some get a giant ego, who wouldn't, some make mistakes, some are just plain bad. BUT to say that cops are terrorists is completely wrong. It is our job to maintain the status quo, to ensure that your rights, aren't violated by another, but that sometimes violates that other persons rights. Its a thin line.

Nope. The system isn't perfect. In fact, it's pretty well broken. Until you guys can get your hiring, reviewing and discipline practices down, yeah, I'm afraid you ARE terrorists.

People are afraid of being tazed. They're afraid of rotting in a cell for something they didn't do. They're afraid of dissappearing. They're afraid of being shot and then having dope or guns planted on them. They're afraid of you smashing down the wrong door and killing their grandmother. Yup, they are AFRAID of you. Wether you choose to admit it, or believe it, does not matter. Your job, as a cop, would not work if the people didn't fear you. Pretty simple really. Terrorists.

Every now and again, someone does come along and say thank you, or say hey, if your not busy stop for coffee, or hey we are having a BBQ come on in. But its rare, and usually its family of the EMS or firefighers you work with. No one calls 911 or the police to just say thanks...

That sounds like a pretty thankless job. Do you have any idea why people don't invite you to their BBQ's or just call to say 'thank you?' Because you frighten them.

Cops think they are the 'great protectors' of civilization, when anyone can read that cops are rarely there when murder, burglary or rape happens. It's a fact and you know it.

Cops think it's ok to break the laws that a normal citizen would get fined or imprisoned for. You said so yourself. It's a 'perk of the job.

Cops use fear, because they have to, to control the situation, thereby controlling the individual to 'protect' someone else's 'rights.'

Cops use FEAR to do their job. Why would I drive slower when I see a cop? Because I have fear about losing money. Financial, physical, emotional pain, all provided by our men in blue. You try to make it sound really romantic and cool, but what I see is terror.

You have, by far, been the most eloquent of the attempts to dissuade, but unfortunately, you cited, as acceptable, many of the reasons that cops today ARE terrorists. Maybe since you are already on the 'inside' you can change it.

When you get all that ironed out, maybe you could stop over for some bbq or something. We won't be having any alcohol and I would have to respectfully request that you leave your 'piece' in the car. My dogs get skittish when the smell gun oil...they think it's time to eat.

Thanks for sharing, V.D.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by rjmelter

Personally... Avatars are supposed to be created to represent you...

Why create a thuggish avatar if it doesn't represent you? Instead of referring ppl to other threads why dont you just explain it again so we can ALL GET BACK ON TOPIC!

Yeah, this has nothing to do with avatars, guys. There are other threads around to discuss that.

If you can't add something, it's ok to just read.

But, you know what, in a way, it DOES have something to do with it. We often judge people by their appearance. I have no doubt that if a young man walked around looking like smoke's avatar that he would be harassed by the cops. Why? because we judge people by appearances.

Smoke's avatar, though kind of 'in your face' represents to me, a culture that is not willing to bend to the will of oppressors. Fighting back, and there is NOTHING cops hate worse than for someone to not 'respect their authority.'

We are judged, constantly, by our appearance, body language, words, as to whether or not we are going to placidly accept the will of our oppressors.

I don't blame them though. They need to know how many bullets to bring to the BBQ.

Misdirecting, trying to make the citizen guilty because he doesn't fit in to your idea of what a good, respectable, law-abiding citizen should look like.

'You aint from AROUND here, are ya boy?'

[edit on 13-8-2009 by KSPigpen]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
It is truly a question of perception, I tend to side with peace nature and beauty, I guess alot of men especially, detest evolution!

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join