It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Low frequency noise & Lack of sleep

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Hi all,

Since I was 4 I've had a sleeping disorder, I only sleep about 4 hours a night, thats fine because I'm used to it.

But sometimes when I've been really busy during the day, I just need more sleep, and I get really tired because I just can't sleep. Then after some hours twisting in bed, this really low sound pops up.

Its like a sort of constant humming sound, I would say between 30hz and 100hz. And it feels like it is resonating in my ears. But the strange thing is, when I speak or cough, or lets say 'produce a vocal sound' , the humming decays for the period of the sound I make. After that it is back again.

Anyone knows what this is? And if it has anything to do with my sleeping disorder?

Thanks

Sol.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Hmm, that's very interesting. There are times, when I just can't go to sleep, but its nothing compared to what your saying. I really have no idea what it could be, but I will keep an eye out.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Are you experiencing this every time you try to get some more sleep? Any electrical appliances in the room or in a near-by room? Any high-voltage transformer towers or booths outside? A 50Hz or 60Hz hum from electricity would be plausible...

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Yes i get this symptom though extreme lack of sleep. If you dont get some rest it gets to the point that you can feel this vibration to. I have no idea what it is though. lol

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I do feel vibrations on a regular basis, since I do lack sleep, but auditory hallucinations - not a single time... But even though I get to sleep for up to 12 hours per day, I still seem to lack sleep. And I cannot sleep at night.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Tinnitus cuz.
Ear issues. I would recommend an audiologist.

Having insomnia for the past 30+ years, I sympathize with you.

Good luck.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solidus Green eye
But the strange thing is, when I speak or cough, or lets say 'produce a vocal sound' , the humming decays for the period of the sound I make. After that it is back again.

Anyone knows what this is? And if it has anything to do with my sleeping disorder?

Here's the clincher here, because it goes away when you speak or cough. It's only there when you're not speaking or coughing, plus you have a hard time sleeping at night.

That means it's external forces.. like an alien psychic or something like that in your head making a humming noise in there, and keeping you from getting a full night's sleep in addition to that. Them aliens tend to tone stuff down when you're "doing something" for some reason.

If it didn't go away when you speak or cough, then it would possibly be something wrong with your ears.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by MastaG

After about 2 days awake i hear a hissing and feel buzzing.

At about 3 days that can turn to singing if im sat in silence. lol .

At 4 days i start to see what looks like smoke rising off the top of peoples heads .lol

Its all normal

You definitely get more sensitive to vibrations when you have been awake for a while because i sometimes feel the first train in the morning pulling away (5 am when nothing else is moving) from about 1/4 a mile away from my flat.

[edit on 9-8-2009 by VitalOverdose]

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by MastaG

Its only occurring when I am really, but then I mean really tired. Mostly when I am laying in bed to 2 or 3 hours, and it indeed sounds kinda like a low apparatus kind of sound, like something is turned on. But nothing is on.

I make music for a living, part time, so maybe I should get my ears checked - again. But from experience with other people, I know that the low frequency spectrum of the inner ear is unlikely to be damaged. And I've always taken good pre-cautions like descent ear protections and so on.

[edit on 9-8-2009 by Solidus Green eye]

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I would certainly agree with @mikerussellus; seeing an audiologist would be a good idea. Since all the sleep-lackers have gathered here, I would like to get your opinion on sleeping pills - are they worth trying?

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by MastaG

Sleeping pills do get me to sleep. The problem is, I wake up just as tired as I was when I went to sleep.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
well, i too hear this humming in the silence. i dont have insomnia. i dont have trouble sleeping.

i also notice if theres a noise, it dissapears.

back in the silence. humming starts again.

i have no explaination for it. i just assumed it was something to do with lack of auditory stimulii. like an immersion chamber, the brain tries to entertain or stimulate istelf.

as for sleeping pills, i used to work nights and in the transition from day work to night work i suffered some sleep deprivation.

because i was driiving for a living my doctor prescribed something thatw ouldnt leave me drowsy. theyt helped me sleep and reset my body clock. and i didnt feel like a worm slept in my brain when i woke up.

ask specifically for a sleeping pill with no after drowsy effects. it was nearly 10 years ago now so i cant remember the name of the pills. sorry.

let me know if you find out what the humming is. i know some people have said haarp or HF submarine comms systems have created humming noises below the normal auditory range.

okamitengu

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
wow its odd that you mention this because Ive been having this same thing happen to me for the same reason except that i get it way more randomly then you, but more and more nevertheless. Id would definitely like to hear more about this as well. Oh and another difference is, is that there of a much higher pitch than you are experiencing. I hope someone on here or you can figure out what this is. S + F buddy

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by okamitengu

I have to say, I really have no clue of what it could be. Normally I would figure this stuff out myself, but me nor my doctor can say what it is.

I had an ear test in the military, and that also showed nothing unusual.
I'll keep looking

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by soldier8828

For how long have you been hearing it then? Its been in my ears for about 2 months now.
Well I'm on an investigation, I'll update as soon as anything of use pops up.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   
You probably have something called tinnitus. For exp. If I take two aspirin, before I lay down. I will develop a low level "hiss" noise sorta like hearing a TV frequency in another room. I will usually turn on a Fan with a higher "hertz" frequency to drown out the hissing noise.

Also lack of sleep can\will produce auditory Hallucinations, and when I start hearing "phantom" concerts in my head. I know I need to get some sleep ASAP. The Phantom concerts will eventually lead to seeing smoke, shadows, none-existent people when my Brain starts to do REM sleep when I'm awake. Its not a very fun phenomena.

I never understood why people take drugs to produce hallucinatory side effects. When all they have to do is go without sleep for several days.

Forgot to add a audio link of the sound I usually hear with aspirin induced "tinnitus" And yes it does sound like a "turned on TV with the sound turned down" frequency.

ringinginears.net...

[edit on 10-8-2009 by msnevil]

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Yhea as with the above post I'd say some form of tinnitus (I know that really don't help a great deal... The word 'tinnitus' is kind of a catch all phrase that a doctor will use - it describes a range of symptoms and never the underlying cause).

My when discussing my tinnitus with ENT doctors they often throw up the word 'Hyperaccoustic' meaning that you (or me) are very sensitive to sound - and even sound that is not actually perceived as noise because it is just beyond human hearing range... Now the brain is recieving information that it knows is comming in from the normal chanels that sound comes in through - so it kinda makes up 'phantom' sound out of the information....

Does that make sense? You can hear beyond your hearing range, but the brain is not equipped to deal with it - so it basically reverts to standard protocol and makes the link that I can hear it so it must be sound!?!?!

So that kinda cover why 'real' sound automatically trumps the 'phantom' sounds... That's how I try to deal with it any way.

Oh and it's only gonna get worse! - Modern life really does not take these things into account - it makes life harder for, well loads of people.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Solidus Green eye

I'm no doctor, but what you describe to me sounds like some form of auditory hallucination, or false-auditory hallucination, one type is related to schizophrenia while the other type has more to do with damage of the ear drum, when the ear drum is damaged sometimes it will create a false sound, this is more common with people that are going deaf, the elderly, etc, but even if you aren't deaf an injury to the ear drum can result in these sounds which can't be heard by anyone but yourself, they are false sounds created by your brain, the ear drum is used to being bombarded with X ammount of sound and when it is damaged and the X ammount is changed the brain can sometimes attempt to replace the sound the ear drum is used to by creating false sounds, some people claim the sounds are like a tea kettle, some say it sounds like white noise or a radio in the distance, some say it sounds like people or music, understanding voices word for word is more towards schizophrenia and not understanding the sounds is more towards ear drum damage.

I do hear a beep or a buzz or a whistle or a changing buzzing ever since an ear nose and throat doctor cleaned my ear out with water, I believe he damaged my ear drum because the result was hearing the false sound, I know it is not a real sound because I've even tried to record it once, I didn't know about the damage until years later but I've been able to push the sound out of existance by not paying attention to it, today I can only hear it when I try to focus on it.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Razimus

Yhea - just from my personal experience the mere mention of the word Schizophrenia can send someone suffering tinnitus 'underground'.

Basically from child hood I have had it - and my clumsy attempts at explaining it to people who clearly had more opinion than knowledge would often crack wise with something like 'how many people live in your head?'.

Needless to say I clammed up pretty quickly - and for all I know I have had a brain tumour growing up there for years and years!!!!

Just saying.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Thanx for the information all, I will revisit my doctor.
Looking at the symptoms and info that has been brought up. I think it is, probably tinnitus.

Thanx for the great interest and info you all

top topics

<<   2 >>

join