It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Low frequency noise & Lack of sleep

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 04:37 AM
link   

.. like an alien psychic or something like that in your head making a humming noise in there, and keeping you from getting a full night's sleep in addition to that. Them aliens tend to tone stuff down when you're "doing something" for some reason.

Wow. An alien psychic who has nothing better to do than terrorize this person every night for the past umpteen years. I think every one on this thread is now dumber for having read your comment, lol.

[edit on 10-8-2009 by Icon_xof]

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Icon_xof

You are saying what I am thinking

[edit on 10-8-2009 by Solidus Green eye]

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Solidus Green eye

You think that's good - I once had someone here on ATS tell me my tinnitus was due to my DNA changing... In fact all of our DNA was undergoing an 'upgrade' so that we will be ready for the events of 2012.

Do these people genuinely believe what they type?? Because if they said 1/10th of it to a doctor they would spend the rest of their lives on meds for sure

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 06:40 AM
link   
If your computer is near the bed, or in the same room, turn off the power supply from its interruptor. Mine makes similar sound every night, but I can sleep well. Anyway, every day before going to bed I just turn it off and the sound disappears.

[edit on 13-8-2009 by Spinotoror]

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I have been a victim of a sleeping disorder all of my life. I too hear a humming noise when exposed to extreme lack of sleep. It's can be slightly creepy sometimes, especially if I'm alone. No idea what it is though.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by hartgrove

Yeah indeed. Its creepy... especially when you're home alone and awake in the dark at 4 in the night hehe.

Have been doing good sleep this week tho, don't know why...

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Some times when we have a hearing loss, you experience the kind of

noise you speak of. I to have suffered from sleep issues all my life.

Starting at about 5yrs old. Some meds help you sleep, but research

before taking. I use a small amount of anxiety med before bed, to

relax me. Its like my mind does'nt stop, causing insomnia. Then

to cover up noise I hear I run a small fan, this works for me.

of couse this IMO and what works for me, Im a nurse.

but try the fan idea.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
You may also want to consider going to a sleep lab... if your after a full nights sleep your still tired you may have sleep apnea. You can use a machine called a CPAP, it keeps you breathing when you stop. If you use it you will feel fantastic after a couple of weeks. I use mine every night.
Also Melatonin will help you fall asleep, if you cant get to sleep quickly, its not as potent as things like ambien, but it does work well

[edit on 18-8-2009 by deepwoods]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Also a natural herb Valerian Root, helps support sleep, my son uses this

he seems to have inherited the sleep issue.

Does anyone else have a family member who also has this ?

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by truth/seeker

Yes the fan idea does work great! I tried it last night!
Thanx for the tip
It works really well to supress the low humming indeed.
!

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by deepwoods

Yeah I am on melatonin, and it doesnt work well for me. My brain just doesnt stop working. Maybe I just need a vacation....

I went to the docter for an audiograph test, and nothing was wrong with my ears. Even better, my ears are above average. So it aint my ears...

But, I found that meditation works really well!

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Im glad the fan idea worked for you!!

I even take mine on vacations, or whatever,

don't leave home without it!! lol

take care

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by truth/seeker

Its the utility tool of the month now!
lol

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 05:42 AM
link   
OK. This is screwed. I am an audio engineer by trade. I have EXACTLY the same problem that you are describing. EVERY night. I mean EVERY night i have a low level hum that I cannot describe, constantly EVERY night. It's a HUM that doesn't stop. It never goes away.
It keeps me up at night, every night and all night and never lets me get any sleep. I have had, as a result of my training in audio, been subjected to all kinds of frequency testing. But noone can tell me why i hear this low level hum, EVERY SINGLE NIGHT. It drives me crazy. Seriously CRAZY. I don't know what to do! It's like a helicopter is hovering above my house every night.

I am happy to post my email address if anyone has any insight or help on this matter:
[email protected]

I am so sick of this. Nick

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 05:48 AM
link   

OK. This is screwed. I am an audio engineer by trade. I have EXACTLY the same problem that you are describing. EVERY night. I mean EVERY night i have a low level hum that I cannot describe, constantly EVERY night. It's a HUM that doesn't stop. It never goes away.
It keeps me up at night, every night and all night and never lets me get any sleep. I have had, as a result of my training in audio, been subjected to all kinds of frequency testing. But noone can tell me why i hear this low level hum, EVERY SINGLE NIGHT. It drives me crazy. Seriously CRAZY. I don't know what to do! It's like a helicopter is hovering above my house every night.

I am happy to post my email address if anyone has any insight or help on this matter:
[email protected]

I am so sick of this. Nick

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join