It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sparring Between a U.S. Marine and a French Army Officer in Bosnia

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2003 @ 10:16 AM
link   
highly significant in my opinion - not to mention 'Colossus' Lupe what happened w/ the Enigma. Is that the same story as when it was stolen and someone wanted ransom or something like that?

posted on Feb, 14 2003 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by FreeMason

Yeah, you know what, I think you should return Whales, and Scottland back to the native populations.

Yeah, save the Wales. Heh. Devolution has been taking place for some time, actually. Speaking as one who has Scottish blood, Sean Connery for king.
British are probably the most bastardized race in the world. Our very language is an unholy soup of a dozen other languages. I probably do have Norman blood, and Anglo-Saxon blood, and Celtic blood, and Germanic blood... It's a good thing. Whoever's island it is, I imagine most of the population's still got blood connections.
It's coming up on a thousand years since we were successfully invaded, and we dealt with that in the time honoured fashion of absorbing their culture. The successful invaders spoke French; you'll note I'm still posting in English. I suspect it's something in the water. The AU where the Germans succesfully invaded Britain, and twenty years later had cheerfully settled down to drinking tea, being bad at cricket, and feeling sorry for everyone who didn't live in Britain. After two generations of patient absorption, the British are slightly sterner, eat more sausage, and appreciate Rammstein more. Hee. We are Britain of Borg.

Pretty much the only people in your area that have native blood, are the Irish, and a few Scotts, and they need to swap lands because they basically traded off, Scotts invading from Ireland and such.

Actually, according to the Asatru faith and certain articles of Icelandic history, the British royal family are descended from Odin. Do you think this accounts for the inbred superiority complex?

posted on Feb, 14 2003 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Its a bit of a strange story actually. hango on:

heres the start...

www.nature.com.../nature/journal/v407/n6802/full/407278a0_r.html

then it got odder...

www.nature.com.../nature/journal/v407/n6802/full/407278a0_r.html

Then it got completely bizarre
(um apologies for refering to the UK's premiere political interviewer and corespondent as a "DJ" oops)

news.zdnet.co.uk...

and then it was solved.

cert.uni-stuttgart.de...

wierd.

posted on Feb, 14 2003 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Bob,

You're right too. But Hitler's mistakes were very damaging to his army (fortunately of course!!!). Because of his mistakes, 90% of his army's losses were in Russia, according to that article.

posted on Feb, 14 2003 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Lets see if GW-BUSH and SADDAM HUSSEIN are REAL MEN!

Lets put on a WRESTLING RING and let us fight :
just like your marine girlz and our french officerz !!

But what have military streets fights to inform us on above top secret forum?!

[Edited on 14-2-2003 by Nans DESMICHELS]

posted on Feb, 14 2003 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Nans checks in with an utterly pointless post!

Thanks Nans!

Anywho, the only thing the french ever did right was discover England (that is the truth by the way). They are quite the hypocritical society and have been a thorn in the side of the UN/League of Nations since both of their respective inceptions.

France is a country, while tenured in age, that carries almost no weight in world decisions today.(see UN meeting today) As FreeMason can attest, the French have also had a massive involvement in many economical disasters throughout history, not to mention starting wars they had NO intention of finishing.
In the end, the French are kinda like the IRS, always there to tell you how to spend your money, but never around when you have want to know where the money went.

Zut Alors!

posted on Feb, 14 2003 @ 01:16 PM
link   
USA finished :
VIETNAM with HI-CHI-MINH
IRAQ (elder not the troll) with SADDAM
SUDAN with a DEFEAT
and WWII in PACIFIC with the HIROSHIMA.

And, AU FAIT, USA are THE FIRST AND THE ONLY COUNTRY WHO USED WMD.

A french proverb say :

"Before want to clean your neighbour house, clean first front of your door."

posted on Feb, 14 2003 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Although I am positive there is a valid point in there somewhere Nans, I am not fluent in Franglish so i will translate

Quote Nans

Dear World, I have just decided that I was wrong and we French do indeed stink!

SO from here on I Nans will personally make sure that I insist that we as a nation shower 2 times a month instead of once!

I love the USA and England

Nans!

Go USA go!

posted on Feb, 14 2003 @ 05:11 PM
link   
"Before cleaning your house, clean your front door."

Well I think that there sums up French stupidity.

So after all that effort to sweep and clean the front door, you're just going to be throwing dirt and crap all over it as you sweep the inside of your house out the front door?

Odd...I say, "clean your house, then sweep the porch"

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Feb, 14 2003 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Charming though this display of racism is, I think it's quite clear the proverb is that before cleaning your NEIGHBOURS house you should clean up around your own house.
Or in non proverb terminology, sort out your own problems before interfering in other people's.

[Edited on 15-2-2003 by Gryphon]

posted on Feb, 14 2003 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Oops nevermind I read it wrong, I thought it said "Before you clean up YOUR house, clean YOUR porch" which clearly makes no sense.

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Feb, 15 2003 @ 08:35 AM
link   
As this thread is senseless from the very start, I think nothing is off-topic here.

But, please, pretty please, *stop* pissing on *anyone* supporting your topics in pointless and dubious assertions.

No matter what (put your favourite country here) did in the past. No matter if true, no matter if wrong, not a thing can be precisely predicted reading the past.

...and to all peeps there thinking someone is stupid only because he/she writes in Franglish, Spanglish or whatever... 1st think if you could write French, Spanish,... better. Period.

[Edited on 2003-2-15 by MakodFilu]

posted on Feb, 15 2003 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I actually enjoy reading Nans posts... something light hearted and obviously wrong breaks the monotony of things...

I would very much like to debate Nans one on one, but would like someone who is fluent in both English and French to translate, just so there is no misunderstanding.... if any French speakers are out there, please contact me, would very much appreciate your assistance.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join