It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freemasons, I would like to ask some questions please.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by TomSawyer
Masonic Light,
You said that Oral Roberts isn't a Mason. That he is actually anti-Mason. Can you document this in any way?

He and his son (I think his name was Richard) co-authored an anti-Masonic tract that I once read. It wasn�t conspiracy theory, just the run-of-the-mill �Christians shouldn�t pray with Hindus like they do in the Lodge� sort of thing. Also, Roberts and most of those TV evangelists belong to various charismatic denominations, all of which prohibit members of their churches from becoming Masons. They are typically called �neo-fundamentalists�, and this movement does not have a friendly relationship with Freemasonry.
However, there have been famous clergymen who were Masons, including Joseph Fort Newton, Norman Vincent Peale, George W. Truett, and several Archbishops of Canterbury.

If he isn't a Mason, can you explain why he would use Masonic symbology in the University logo, and in the buildings on campus?

What type of symbolism are you referring to?

Why he had such a fixation with 7?

Masons are not fixated with 7. Whether or not Roberts is, I have no idea, but it doesn't have anything to do with Freemasonry.

I would like to know how you know for a fact, that he is not a Mason? No offence, but there is too much evidence I have come across, to just take your word for it.

Well, Masons don�t make their membership a secret. We wear Masonic rings, tie-tacks, have Masonic decals on our cars, and march in parades raising funds for Masonic charities.
Also, Roberts is no doubt a fraud. A few years back, he made the absurd and blasphemous claim that God was going to �call him home� (i.e., kill him) if the people who watched his show didn�t send him a million dollars. Even if he had been a Mason, he would have certainly been brought up on charges of unmasonic conduct for this scam.
But, as mentioned, these neo-fundy evangelists are opposed to everything and everyone who disagree with them on doctrinal issues, and they see Masonry and similar societies as a threat to their version of �the truth�.

Fiat Lvx.

<< 1   >>

join