It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats with the black helicopters?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I hope this is the right forum section for this topic. I have been doing alot of research on black helicopters online. I have watched videos, read topics on message boards, read sites that had several pages of information. I find it very interesting and intriguing. But the one thing that was never answered is how do the black choppers go into thier quite/stealth mode that I have heard of frequently while researchin this topic. I have heard several people accounts and they say they are nearly silent. If a human heard them they wouldnt even know its a helicopter.

So if any of you have any theories as to how the silencing technology works I would like to hear them. I lack the education to even try and think of how it may work. I heard someone on another site say something about masking. But like I said, I dont really know.

Also any other information on them is welcome as well. If anyone knows any good sources of info it would be appreciated. I have never seen one personally ut if you have then if you would like to share it, the please do. I have heard they are generally seen with cattle mutilations as well.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Hi! I took some pictures of a black helicopter here in Louisville a while back.

They just circled then zoomed off. I took the pictures because it was my first black helicopter sighting.

I unfortunately have no idea what this helicopter was doing in my airspace that day.

Are normal helicopters sometimes painted black?

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   
As far as I know, no helicopters generally are not painted black. But from what I have heard the black helicopters that are involved in the conspiracies are generally said to be black and have no markings or designations.

Some may be ainted black, but I think its the markings/designations and lack there of that seperate them.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I redcall seeing a television show a few years back (on probably Discovery channel or some such) about stealth technology etc.

They showed video of a test of active noise suppression system mounted on the bottom of a helicopter. Basically, it was a large speaker/amplifier system that would put out the same sound that the rotor-blades make, but shifted so that the sound waves would cancel out the sounds coming from the rotors.

The result was that there was not the characteristic "thumping" sound, or any other sound (from the rotors) heard from the ground. I believe you could still hear engine and mechanical noises, but not rotor sounds. I suppose there's no reason it could't cancel out the other sounds as well.

Basically, I think its the same acoustic principal that active noise suppressing head-phones work on.

This was on television a very long time ago (maybe 10 years?), so if that's been adapted into a production system it could be really effective at making a helicopter difficult to hear. If it's painted black and operated at night with night-vision and no lights, it would be next to impossible to detect - short of radar anyway.

Rumor has it, the helicopters your referring to are also allegedly unmarked. I think that would be a violation of US and international laws. Even on US military stealth aircraft are at least minimally marked with smaller non-obtrusive tail-numbers, US insignia/chevron, etc.

Such helicopters are alleged to be involved in various conspiracy situations, from cattle mutilations to UFO crash/retrieval operations.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
alphabet agencies use them pretty regular.

DoD, ATF, FBI, CIA, NSA, DEA, US ARMY, JSOC... all have been known to use unmarked (subdued) black helos.

so it isn't necessarily the MIB.

i've seen a few black helos. but they looked like they were more up to routine military or police maneuvers. (?!)

once i saw several in formation, looked like a drill or patrol. they were apaches, but black and unmarked none-the-less. they flew so low that it shook the house and rattled the pots & pans. the whole neighborhood ran out to see. the choppers were armed to the teeth. this was when i was a kid, apaches were fairly new. happened in broad daylight. loud as all hell breaking loose.

once i saw three black helos flying in some sort of search pattern, looked they were tracking a fugitive or something. (mid 90's) these looked more like police choppers, but were painted flat black. they were scattered all around the area but still flying in unison... same altitude, speed, etc. like 'circling the wagons' but over a several mile radius.

this one was strange though...

the last time i saw a black helo was more recent. maybe two years ago, max. this is the only time i've seen one that was alone. (and the only time i've seen one while alone.) i was sitting here at the keyboard late one night and kept hearing a chopper engine. i ignored it. i live in a large city, so choppers are common. but after a while my curiosity got the better of me. i kept hearing it. sounded like it was far away, but when i looked out the window i felt the glass vibrating and saw a small black helo hovering over the neighborhood. looked like it was dialed in on a house. as close and low as it was, seems like it should have been much louder. it had only one light that i could see, it was green and flashing. (very military if you ask me.) i remember telling myself "no F'ing way"... then thinking it must be a drug bust. so i ignored it again... until curiosity forced me to peek through the blinds. i watched it for several minutes, went & got a pair of binocs to get a good look. i could only see it's shape from the strobe. a search light came on but shut off abruptly. the whole experience was a bit creepy. i watched it until it flew away... quietly.

[edit on 9/8/2009 by gravykraken]

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by gravykraken
alphabet agencies use them pretty regular.

DoD, ATF, FBI, CIA, NSA, DEA, US ARMY, JSOC... all have been known to use unmarked (subdued) black helos.

so it isn't necessarily the MIB.

Local cops here have several of these black helos.

I think the Sheriff here has them as well has them as well.

Highway patrol here has planes, and possible helos too.

It is all part of the militarization of the police.

We have lots of cars here now that say Federal Police on the cars,
but most are associated with Tribal lands.

Some have no tribal markings, so who knows.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater
Are normal helicopters sometimes painted black?

Yes, because black helicopters are badass.

Though black is the international call sign for military intelligence. Black helicopters with no markings or designations are probably internal security forces or possibly mercinary in nature.

[edit on 9-8-2009 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi]

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by spaceman84

Hi Spaceman84,
not sure if it is relevant, but here in Australia, all of the 'Terrorist' response vehicles are painted black. Just wondering if its the same in the US.
I've seen no Black Helicpters here though; doesn't mean there aren't any though.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
EnhancedInterogater is right about the noise suppression technologies employed on some black helicopters. Noise cancellation is one method but they now have nanotech materials they are employing as well. We have entered into a very scary age where silent technologies (I'm not talking about flying silently here) are possibly being employed for less than benign purposes.

I did want to relate my encounter with a black helo one night as a friend and I were standing in his backyard having a beer and looking at a beautiful full moon. By the time we heard it the helicopter was shining a beam on us for about 3 or 4 seconds. No sooner had it flown off than I grew immediately nauseous. My friend did not get sick. Perhaps it was a psychosomatic reaction on my part, I'll never know. I would be interested to know if anyone has a similar story.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Would some of you feel better if helicopters were painted pink or rainbow colors?

It seems to be a general consensus that any helicopter darker than ambient sky is automatically "black".

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 07:08 AM
link   
About a year ago I was star-gazing out in a public park around 11:00PM. I didn't have my glasses with me at the time so the blurs of light that began appearing in the sky out of thin air surprised me, I realized they were helicopters eventually but there had to have been at least 12 I counted. They were all spread apart fairly well, perhaps communicating by their position (they would turn them on and off for minutes at a time, not flashing) . Maybe it was a monthly drill?

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

Given that you're within a couple hours driving time of Fort Campbell, I'd bet that your particular "black helicopters" were OH-6 Cayuse scouts attached to the 101st Airborne.

OH-6 Displayed at Pima Air and Space Museum

What they were probably doing in your area was a training flight...pilots have to log a certain number of hours per month to retain proficiency. As for normal helicopters being black, civilian ones come in just about every imaginable color, but the US Army favors a dark green that can easily be mistaken for black under low light (or, paradoxically, intense light) conditions.

[edited to remove a link that wouldn't show correctly]

[edit on 13-8-2009 by Brother Stormhammer]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Brother Stormhammer

Come on, you know you cant bring logic to a conspiracy site

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by firepilot
Would some of you feel better if helicopters were painted pink or rainbow colors?

It seems to be a general consensus that any helicopter darker than ambient sky is automatically "black".

Yes, Yes I would.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Brother Stormhammer
reply to post by hotbakedtater

Given that you're within a couple hours driving time of Fort Campbell, I'd bet that your particular "black helicopters" were OH-6 Cayuse scouts attached to the 101st Airborne.

OH-6 Displayed at Pima Air and Space Museum

What they were probably doing in your area was a training flight...pilots have to log a certain number of hours per month to retain proficiency. As for normal helicopters being black, civilian ones come in just about every imaginable color, but the US Army favors a dark green that can easily be mistaken for black under low light (or, paradoxically, intense light) conditions.

[edited to remove a link that wouldn't show correctly]

[edit on 13-8-2009 by Brother Stormhammer]

bingo

and here is my obligitory second line of my post

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Fascinating. I have seen them over my house in an increasing frequency, but never knew there was any conspiracy surrounding them. I just know it creeped me out by how low they were hovering.

top topics

join