It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Would Side With the Serpent

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by CJaKfOrEsT

reply to post by Maj35t1cI2

God created us in the beginning but had no way of knowing beforehand how out of hand we would get. I'm sure he had an idea maybe, but we have free will, and there is NO pre-determined destiny. God does not effect the outcome of our ignorance, it is OUR faults that the world is in such bad shape, and it is OUR responsibility for everything that happens to us, and noone elses! Do some research before posting strong opinions, that's all I'm saying.

I have to admit Maj35t1c12 that the comments made in this post appear contradictionary, and are largely speculative. The concept you have presented, regarding the relationship between God and time, is never actually stated as such, in Scripture, and as a result the church has an Arminian/Calvinist divide over the issue of the issue of predestination.

Its okay to state your opinions, but when you do so, as if they are factual, in a post that rebukes someone else for not demonstrating research, displays the same lack of intelligence that you are accusing JayinAR of. The fact is, for one to draw the conclusion that it is a denial of freewill, if God creates a universe, with inhabitants, and then admits to knowing the end from the beginning, is a display of rational logic, and constitutes an intelligent statement, whether it is correct or not ... at least as intelligent as what you have put forward.

And it certainly helps to put a litlle "grammatical effort" into your posts as well because, like it or not, this is an element of what intelligence is.

You're entitled to your opinion I suppose, but I was NOT talking to you, so kindly butt out. Thanks buddy. Btw, I don't need to put in any "grammatical effort" on an internet forum to know that I am probably more intelligent than you based on my own intelligence level and the average intelligence in this country LOL. As I said, it is NOT my job to impress any of you.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Hey man, I would like to apologize for my behavior the other night.
I have no idea if you attacked my CP or not and I really don't care.

Your initial post sent me over the edge and I shouldn't behave like that.
I apologize.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR

Hey man, I would like to apologize for my behavior the other night.
I have no idea if you attacked my CP or not and I really don't care.

Your initial post sent me over the edge and I shouldn't behave like that.
I apologize.

I was being an @ss as well lol. It's cool. I just get defensive with my religion sometimes, as I'm sure most people do that have a strong belief in something. No hard feelings.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

Peace to you:

I don't attend any church so I have no agenda to follow other then what my Lord and Saviour leads me to do. One must not only know the wisdom of the scriptures but have a personal spiritual relationship with the Heavenly Father. If your spirit touches God's spirit their is no greater love story ever told. Through the teaching of the Holy Spirit you are given spiritual wisdom and enlightenment. It is indeed beautiful.

Blessings to you in the name of our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ!

Grandma

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Grandma

I will advise you mom just as I would any other...

Be careful not to worship what is of flesh.

Spirit is not flesh but is the life within it.

Even the flesh of the man Jesus was still only flesh.

Every flesh/Earthly object you cling to shows that one is not ready to leave here just yet.

It is a careful line to walk.

Luv me

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Grandma

Thanks for the sermon.
I appreciate it, I really do.
I pray for you.
Hopefully we can overcome your disease some day soon.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

I thank you for your prayers. I believe it (prayer) is one of the greatest gifts the Holy Spirit has given us. I to hope the doctors will be able to offer me what I need to get well;

Peace,
Grandma

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Grandma

Wow, I guess Enki spoke to me.
I had no idea you were truly sick.
My mention of disease was sort of tongue and cheek for your comments about me being "out of touch" with God.
You see, I see it the same way, but 180degrees out of phase, just the opposite.

In any case, I'm sorry you aren't feeling well.
Peace be with you.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by tungus
I second that. I did not grow up in a religious country, let alone in a religious family and yet the centuries of god propaganda had made their mark even in the "godless" country I grew up in.

Subconsciously we think that "god" is the good one and "satan" is the bad one.
Any question as to why is this so triggers a violent reaction in the psyche. This programmed response has been carried out with various degrees of cruelty throughout history.

Who are we kidding, how many of us would be able to say this, much less discuss it in 14th century Spain or in most Middle East countries today?

Good to see you back, DaisyAnne.

It's good to see you too, my friend!
I will re-send that u2u tonight

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   
On Netflixs there is a video series called the "Power of Myth" i suggest ANYONE with nextflixs watch it.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by CJaKfOrEsT

I will wait to address your points here until you have made your next post, as you said. However, I feel the need to point something out here: You made the analogy about a parent and child. I must state, then, that according to the original mythology, the serpentine line of the pantheon, not Yahweh, are the creators of the human race. Therefore our father is Enki and not Yahweh. And our mother is Ninhursag (you may know her also as Isis).

And Enki is not a father that requires blind obedience.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   

reply to post by DaisyAnne

I will wait to address your points here until you have made your next post, as you said.

Thank you. I appreciate your patience in this matter. Unfortunately time has been a little scarce of late. Should be able to continue in the next couple of days (God willing).

I must state, then, that according to the original mythology, the serpentine line of the pantheon, not Yahweh, are the creators of the human race.

That's fine, but I was setting a stage to respond to some verses of the Bible, not the "original mythology". The issue at hand, as I see it, is whether or not the verses presented are reasonable directives. Unfortunately the passages require a little prior knowledge, particularly considering the target audience that they were written to. I hope to avoid the kind of predictable reactionary comments, typified by many of the Christians who have posted (myself included).

Obviously, as Christian, I don't agree that the human race originated in the "serpentine race", but it is quite interesting (and to be honest, and I hope you don't take this badly, a little disturbing) to see some of the rationale behind such a view being held, and the origins.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by CJaKfOrEsT

Obviously, as Christian, I don't agree that the human race originated in the "serpentine race", but it is quite interesting (and to be honest, and I hope you don't take this badly, a little disturbing) to see some of the rationale behind such a view being held, and the origins.

Hmm, disturbing...

"Let him who seeks continue seeking until he finds. When he finds, he will become troubled. When he becomes troubled, he will be astonished, and he will rule over the All. And after they have ruled, they will rest." -- The Gospel of Thomas quoting Jesus.

I have much to say, but I will wait until time permits you to post your follow-up post.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaisyAnne
"Let him who seeks continue seeking until he finds. When he finds, he will become troubled. When he becomes troubled, he will be astonished, and he will rule over the All. And after they have ruled, they will rest." -- The Gospel of Thomas quoting Jesus.

Hmmm....from disturbed to confused in one fowl swoop.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Heyo wrote:

i.e. we were allowed to eat from the shrub of knowledge, because that was the limit of knowledge alloted to us.

Maybe, but that does raise a question: why was the tree there? Was it to tempt Adam and Eve? And if so, how fair was that? Considering the fact that they did NOT have the knowledge of good and evil at that time, how would they be able to comprehend the consequences of their actions?

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by DarknessFollows

Maybe, but that does raise a question: why was the tree there? Was it to tempt Adam and Eve? And if so, how fair was that? Considering the fact that they did NOT have the knowledge of good and evil at that time, how would they be able to comprehend the consequences of their actions?

Ummm...... "it" was not a "tree" as in plant/AppleTree/FigTree/etc.

The "tree" was the "family tree" of the original Yahweh bloodline that was ended when the "First Fruit" was "eaten".

Nuff said... wake up peeps.

The "story" is either just a silly myth of our ancient ancestors with some sound wisdom written into the storyline... or... the "story" is much more deep and freaky than most seem to be able to accept.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Free Will. Previous posters saying they side with the serpent for freedom but the serpent tempted adam and eve to rebel just like he did the 1/3 of the angels in heaven and cause them to fall. He caused Man to fall and now man is a slave to the one who possessed the serpent (satan).

Jesus came to free us from the bondage of Satan and Sin. He paid for it with his life. Freedom to choose what you want is a God given right, God knows there will be people who will rebel but thats the cost of having higher beings that aren't drones. Humans know what it is like to live in depravity, we know evil now and its ugly and dark. We have been condemned for our crimes against the laws of God.

God with his infinite love for man sent his son to bear our sins and died for our iniquity taking upon himself the form of a servant and obedient unto death so that you may live again. You misunderstood the guise of Satan you think he's a hero for freedom but he's a tyrannical slave master. Satan was behind hitler,Mussolini,sadam hussein,joseph stalin, to name a few that is the character of Satan to put man in Bondage and keep him oppressed.

We continue to live after death. The choices we make here decide our fate. If we choose life we will live eternally. If we choose death we will suffer death for eternity. The pure essence of our being is a "spirit" which inhabits a Body and possesses an intellect (mind). Accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior. Repent! God has laid before man life and death choose you this day what it shall be. its is your choice not Gods.

"If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved." (Romans 10:9)

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by CJaKfOrEsT

Don't worry about it.
It will all be clear soon enough.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by DarknessFollows

I would say the more important question to ask would be: "Why would God allot us knowledge at all?"
I mean, obviously that limit was broken with the act, and here we are.

The suggestion is that without eating of the fruit, we would be lesser... in knowledge.
We would be cretins (although it can be argued we are despite the actions taken by Enki.)

The argument is one of slavery.

Edit to reword - The point is this... Why would *I*, as a God, create a race of beings that are limited in their knowledge to that of being JUST BELOW my own?

It is no different than how first world Governments treat third world Nations today.
I mean, we could terraform the arrid areas of the planet and bring them a more suitable climate. But that wouldn't be beneficial to the Nation doing the terraforming. Afterall, why would you prop up a potential enemy.

Now, I'm speaking specifically of the logic of the actions taken. I'm not saying that God determined that by allowing man to have knowledge (in my estimation this actually speaks of the ability to read and write) that he would become an enemy. Just that he may become a little too intelligent to control.

[edit on 11-9-2009 by JayinAR]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by KOGDOG

I vote that it is much more deep and freaky than people are willing to accept.
2nd line.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join