It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

I Would Side With the Serpent

page: 18
18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I believe everything happens for a reason. If he does exist, he knows what he is doing.
Whoever you choose to side with does not matter because it is already written. You are here to learn your lessons and fulfill your purpose, that is all.




posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by sgrrsh26
 


Thanks for putting it in simple terms.
You don't have any free will.

Meaning, I am doing precisely what I am supposed to do at this very moment.

Therefore, I am nobody's enemy. Just a messanger to those who hear.



posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
reply to post by DarknessFollows
 


Ah, BUT I AM a born again Christian.
This is something ELSE that the Christers fail to realize.

I both side with the Serpent AND Jesus.
Afterall, they are both the Morning Star.

They are one in the same. With the same plan. With the same outcome.

All of which denies me any free will.
I have given myself to the quest for THEIR knowledge.


So well said!
I wonder when people will start to realize this is the truth.



posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by DaisyAnne
 


It is unavoidable, if you simply look at the logic of the bible.
If Christ is the God figure, he is responsible for the mess.
He also absolves the mess by taking the sin of man upon himself.

The only requisite for rising above it yourself is to live like him.
How did he live? Like a rebel fighting tooth and nail against oppresive Government.

Not through violence, but through enlightenment.

Edit to add - At this point, I'll go ahead and make a shameless plug for a thread of mine that went absolutely nowhere. www.abovetopsecret.com... Is it This Simple?



[edit on 14-9-2009 by JayinAR]



posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
reply to post by DarknessFollows
 


Ah, BUT I AM a born again Christian.
This is something ELSE that the Christers fail to realize.

I both side with the Serpent AND Jesus.
Afterall, they are both the Morning Star.

They are one in the same. With the same plan. With the same outcome.

All of which denies me any free will.
I have given myself to the quest for THEIR knowledge.

This is a very refreshing and intetresting point of view. This is something to think about, and could eb a whole new and intersting topic!



posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   


A woman differs in many ways to that of a man! How can you say that man and woman use the same logic? A woman differs in many ways.. eg/ A woman's mind is not the same as a mans mind? A woman may use different methods to act out a situation...she is regarded as the weaker sex because she is more trusting and can also use he power of pursuasion a little differently to that of man! What is the big deal?

Ofcourse man and woman don't use the same logic, it is clear that even you and I (2 women) don't use the same logic, as far as I'm concerned you're not using logic at all. But just because man and woman use different methods, doesn't make one the weaker sex. They both have their own personal and unique qualities.
And as far as the more trusting goes.... that is such crap. Speak for yourself, but I have to meet the first woman who is really more trusting than a man. A lot of men are much more gullible than most women are. (I'm sorry to all the guys here, this is not to generalize, just based on my own personal experience and it certainly doesn't apply to all man, as it doesn't apply for all women that they are more trusting.)



posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by krzyspmac
reply to post by DarknessFollows
 


I'm not a woman, but still, I recognize how void life would be without them. Men and women think differently - that doesn't mean any of those two sides is better than the other.

People are conditioned to think less of women. It's been that way for ages. It has a purpose if you think about it. Since it's the woman that was strong enough to try to gain knowledge, that has been shut down from us, it is the woman that needs to be stopped. That's the way of thinking of the grand control scheme.

Too bad many people have problems with realizing that. The serpent chose a woman, because she was the stronger. And it's just just about gender, since anyone posesses the male and female traits. The serpent chose a discerning person. Discernment and empathy are closer to women or better put: discernment is a trait easier unlocked by a woman.

Apart from that - no. Man and woman think the same. Woman just don't think about sex all the time.


[edit on 2009/9/14 by krzyspmac]


Great post! And I agree with you. It certainly explains why the old church made women scapegoats.



posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
I have a question to ask of any believer. If God is all powerful why would he knowingly create a being that was going to eventually turn against him, deceive his creation into following him in his treason and eventually punish the people for buying into what was, for all intents and purposes, a 'Godly Mistake'?


Only God can answer that questions specifically.
But I'll put it this way.

If I were God, I would want to have someone challenge me just for the fun on it.

There's no fun in games without competition, even if you know your going to win.



....the Serpent is because he actually argued for freedom.


True, but heres the problem.
Humans are in-capable of attaining the power that God has.
Just because something is free doesn't mean it has absolute control.
And without...absolute control... you'll be a victim of God's rules of the universe. And the playground is Heaven, Hell, and our dimension.

Can a human create it's own universe to sustain itself in? Freedom without foundation leads to ones own demise.



God forbode man of eating from the tree of knowledge. I'm curious if the believers out there have considered that. Where would man be without knowledge?


Under the divine protection of The Almighty.
It's called the tree of knowledge because it will propel humanity into becoming self-aware. Which leads to your next question.



God said that to eat from that tree man would become just like He. Have believers considered that?


Yes and we did. Beings capable of establishing Good and Bad on our won terms. Beings that are capable of manipulating the universe. We became sentient life-forms.

One problem:
Our capabilities are limited to the flesh.

In other words, God is a whole caliber ahead of what we are despite of how we became alike.



He made us in his image apparently, but he couldn't handle having a creation that shared intellect. He wanted slaves.


I don't recall humans doing work for God when God didn't need mortals to do the work for him in the firstplace. In fact, if we were slaves, he would force us against our will in a more direct manner.

And in if you haven't noticed already, we were ALLOWED the use of intellect to make a decision of whether were for him or against him.



Give me knowledge and freedom!


Why are you asking an age old question when it's been obviously bestowed on to us after disobeying order #1? Which was to simply NOT eat the fruit.

If God wanted to remove our freedom, it would of been done LONG LONG ago.

P.S. Yes, I know it wasn't a question. But im taking advantage of it anyways



posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 03:23 AM
link   
If all our deities have all been evil, why would you side up with any??

That's a sure sign of cowardice and hopelessness.

You could:

-Attempt to fight off our oppressors
or
-Adopt a 'Scorched Earth Policy' - complete destruction of the Earth and moon, even Mars and Venus with the Solar System getting a 2nd or multiple asteroid belts.



posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by ahnggk
If all our deities have all been evil, why would you side up with any??

That's a sure sign of cowardice and hopelessness.

You could:

-Attempt to fight off our oppressors
or
-Adopt a 'Scorched Earth Policy' - complete destruction of the Earth and moon, even Mars and Venus with the Solar System getting a 2nd or multiple asteroid belts.


1. Define evil... perhaps not pro-human??

2. Attempting to defeat something without first attaining the capability is stupidity, not heroics.

3. The world is run by mortals who define life for other mortals. Hmm... it must be cowardice and hopelessness not to fight them off. Even if we decided that we like where were at! hmm...

From the way you put it, it's like saying we should become our own Gods but no one should have the right to challenge us. Interesting....

[edit on 15-9-2009 by GambitVII]



posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
reply to post by DarknessFollows
 


Ah, BUT I AM a born again Christian.
This is something ELSE that the Christers fail to realize.

I both side with the Serpent AND Jesus.
Afterall, they are both the Morning Star.

They are one in the same. With the same plan. With the same outcome.

All of which denies me any free will.
I have given myself to the quest for THEIR knowledge.


This is a lie.

Jesus is the Son of God.

Satan the Devil is a rebel angel and also the Serpent.

They cannot ever be the same, somebody is very confused.



posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue_Jay33

This is a lie.

Jesus is the Son of God.

Satan the Devil is a rebel angel and also the Serpent.

They cannot ever be the same, somebody is very confused.





Or, someone else needs to open their eyes.
Jesus was co-opted into another religion entirely, one he would have hated.
If you take a very good look, it becomes painfully apparent.
The question is, are you capable of looking hard enough and questioning the church dogma?



posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
lol

so people look at scripture calling jesus "morningstar" then that link that with "lucifer" and conclude that they are the same being. then they ignore scripture showing jesus talking to satan, but ignore it because its "church dogma"

thats rich! lol

first, anyone with half a head would realize that "lucifer" is not refering to satan but rather the king of babylon.

king of babylon does not equal jesus



posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by miriam0566
lol

so people look at scripture calling jesus "morningstar" then that link that with "lucifer" and conclude that they are the same being. then they ignore scripture showing jesus talking to satan, but ignore it because its "church dogma"

thats rich! lol

first, anyone with half a head would realize that "lucifer" is not refering to satan but rather the king of babylon.

king of babylon does not equal jesus





Equally "lol" are the people who assume that there is only one Satan. That Satan isn't used by both sides to refer to the other. There is far more going on in scripture than most people would imagine. To look at it with the idea that it is a linear progression of non-conflicting thoughts and quotes, and ignoring all the outside influences on said scripture is hilarious.

As I said, look harder.

[edit on 15-9-2009 by DaisyAnne]



posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by DaisyAnne
 


You're saying look harder and I say your looking too hard for stuff that doesn't exist.

Either you believe the conversation in the bible in the gospels between Satan and Jesus took place between them, AS TWO SEPARATE BEINGS, or you don't believe what the bible says. That's your choice of course.
But the insanity of saying they are the same person is ludicrous, and something I have never heard from any believer before.

You are alone in this, and you are wrong, according to the bible.
This belief is a massive deviation from what the bible teaches.

It has nothing to do with religious affiliations either, because really this is some of the most basic bible based knowledge there is.

I wonder why I waste my time with this, but for the sake of the uninformed that stop by this thread, I had to say something, in harmony with the theme of ATS "Deny Ignorance"



posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue_Jay33
reply to post by DaisyAnne
 


You're saying look harder and I say your looking too hard for stuff that doesn't exist.

Either you believe the conversation in the bible in the gospels between Satan and Jesus took place between them, AS TWO SEPARATE BEINGS, or you don't believe what the bible says. That's your choice of course.
But the insanity of saying they are the same person is ludicrous, and something I have never heard from any believer before.

You are alone in this, and you are wrong, according to the bible.
This belief is a massive deviation from what the bible teaches.

It has nothing to do with religious affiliations either, because really this is some of the most basic bible based knowledge there is.

I wonder why I waste my time with this, but for the sake of the uninformed that stop by this thread, I had to say something, in harmony with the theme of ATS "Deny Ignorance"



To prevent me from repeating myself, please read my post to Miriam above. I said it all there.

Secondly, I'm not a Christian in the way that it is put forth by the church and the bible. I am a Satanist. The question is, what does that mean? Look harder.



posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaisyAnne
Equally "lol" are the people who assume that there is only one Satan. That Satan isn't used by both sides to refer to the other.


i have yet to see a single scripture thats alludes to satan in that fashion.

would you be able to cite an example?



posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by DaisyAnne
 





I am a Satanist.


Then we have nothing more to discuss.

You have picked your side.



posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue_Jay33
reply to post by DaisyAnne
 





I am a Satanist.


Then we have nothing more to discuss.

You have picked your side.


i think the starting point that people go from to get to that conclusion is the inability to understand how there can be evil if god didnt create it directly.

from there they get wrapped up with the thought "well then satan must be working for god." then they go off and find scriptures to support that belief. (even if it means ignoring a large part of the bible.)



posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by miriam0566

Originally posted by DaisyAnne
Equally "lol" are the people who assume that there is only one Satan. That Satan isn't used by both sides to refer to the other.


i have yet to see a single scripture thats alludes to satan in that fashion.

would you be able to cite an example?


An easy example is Mark 8 - 9. Jesus calls Peter his adversary, Satan.



new topics

top topics



 
18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

log in

join