It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where did the Obama Poster Contest Thread Go??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I was curious what happened to this thread? I get a 404 error when I try to go there now. Ats, did you pull this thread?

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
This happens often.

Still can't figure it out!

I usually browse while at work, and send links to threads I want to get involved in to my computer at home for when I get off work.

About 10% of the threads I send to myself are gone a few hours later when I go back to look at them.

About another 10% are locked.

My question is, what gets a thread deleted so that it is gone never to be seen again, instead of locked so it is still on ATS?

It seems strange to me because I've seen threads locked for many reasons, ranging from the topic already being posted to topics that ATS doesn't allow.

But what makes a thread get deleted completely?

I know at least some of them have not been racist, not obscene, and within ATS rules, yet they still get deleted from the site!

Is there an ATS cover up going on?! Who's side are they on?!

[edit on 8-8-2009 by breakingdradles]

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by breakingdradles

Yea that is surely the conclusion I would jump to.

How about we just wait for a staff member to respond instead of throwing out baseless accusations about a ATS conspiracy?

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08

Yea that is surely the conclusion I would jump to.

How about we just wait for a staff member to respond instead of throwing out baseless accusations about a ATS conspiracy?

LOL, I guess the internet doesn't get sarcasm across well, but I wasn't being serious, well I wasn't being THAT serious lol.

It's a conspiracy website, I just poked the fire.

Do you have an answer on what gets threads locked and what gets threads deleted?

ATS should have a rulebook out there, where are the MODS?

Also, please add your opinion to the table, as just making a post to make fun of me kinda goes against the ATS motto, Deny Ignorance.

[edit on 8-8-2009 by breakingdradles]

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   

ATS should have a rulebook out there

They do, it just doesn't explain the actions taken on a case by case basis as decided by staff.

where are the MODS?

Prolly busy right now, I am sure they will be here soon enough.

EDIT to add: I was not making fun of you, just trying to point out what seemed like a unnecessary statement.

My opinion should be clear, I am sure the staff had a reason for whatever they did, or maybe they don't know about it. ATS is constantly changing and very busy.

[edit on 8/8/2009 by jkrog08]

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   

where are the MODS?

Maybe someone deleted them.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

I've posted in threads like this before, telling my experiences with this.

I didn't get an answer.

We'll see if we get one this time...

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam

where are the MODS?

Maybe someone deleted them.

They might have, there is that drug war thread going right now.

Ususally they don't get past the first couple posts!

Mods right now don't equal gods lol.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Just totally joking here but ,Obama poster contest thread deleted was an inside job! ince it's an Alex Jones contest, I couldn't resist

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
The question is, why are the MODS ignoring this thread, just like every thread on why some topics are deleted while others are just locked.

Seems there are some topics they don't want us discussing, topics outside of illegal activity ie drugs ect.

Something is going on, and mum is the word

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I think this is germane to this discussion.

From the ATS Terms and Conditions of Use

1e.) Recruitment/Solicitation:

i) You will not use your membership at The Above Network, LLC site(s) for any type of recruitment to any causes whatsoever. You will not post, use the chat feature, use videos, or use the private message system to disseminate advertisements, chain letters, petitions, pyramid schemes, or any kind of solicitation for political action, social action, letter campaigns, or related online and/or offline coordinated actions of any kind.

and

1j.) Video links/embeds: You will not embed or post a link to a video without a reasonable description of its content and why it interests you, is germane to the topics discussed on ATS or the topic of an existing thread should you post it in a reply to an existing thread.

Hope thats cleared it up now.

Any further issues with the decision made should be referred to the ATS Issues thread

Thread closed.

top topics

join