It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive groundswell against Obama and Liberals! NOT!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Here's todays approval poll at Realclear Politics.com
Has Obama's rating gone down?
Yep!
In any way inconsistant with past Administrations?
Nope.
Here is the data.

President Obama Job Approval
Polling Data
Poll Date Sample Approve Disapprove Spread
RCP Average 7/27 - 8/6 -- 54.2 40.3 +13.9
Gallup 8/4 - 8/6 1547 A 58 36 +22
Rasmussen Reports 8/4 - 8/6 1500 LV 50 49 +1
Zogby 7/31 - 8/4 1005 LV 53 38 +15
CNN/Opinion Research* 7/31 - 8/3 1136 A 56 40 +16
Ipsos/McClatchy 7/30 - 8/3 1005 A 58 37 +21
Quinnipiac 7/27 - 8/3 2409 RV 50 42 +8

WHAT DO YOU SEE?
The country is divided almost exactly as they were on election day.
Hmmmm
So why all the BS on ATS about "citizens uprisings", NAZI Obama and the like?
Why is the right so desperate to perpetrate the FICTION that the nation is turning against the President that has been office SIX MONTHS?
Propaganda folks.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Gee i guess Michael Savage must be on or something!
Can't even summon the energy to tell me the polls are faked?
Just like you did before Obama was elected?
Hilarious!

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Nope it is not massive yet, but you will understand the meaning of massive uprising (polls or not) when the final results of the 2010 elections are in.

The Obama administration has made the fatal mistake of exposing to much of their legislation before the congress vote, they tried to pull another fast one on the people, but people are waking up. Where is that transparency? They got the stimulus through without the people seeing what was in that, they have gotten the cap and trade through the house, but stalled long enough in the senate for the people to see that, and now health care reform has had time to expose even more of their agenda.

I don't need polls to see it, I travel a lot and I have SEEN it everywhere with my own eyes.

In the last three weeks I have been in Washington state, Pennsylvania, and across to southern California, with a lot of stops between these points.

The opinions of people everywhere share a common theme. Unless you want to believe that people don't care, and that everyone is really behind this president and his agenda... But I am afraid you will be sadly disappointed.

Americans aren't all as stupid and gullible as they had hoped they'd be.

In time even you will see that truth, with or without poll numbers.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I honestly think Obama is still doing as well as he is in the polls because of his die hard and sizable core constintuancy.

He has lost the Independent voters though and he has lost the cross over Republicans.

Some of his youth vote is waning too as they still can't find jobs and life isn't getting better for him.

Still the poll numbers themselves are probably about 15 percentage points higher than the actual poll itself registered but pollsters are good at tweaking numbers based on some questionable variables that they then apply mathematical formulas to guestimate more attractive numbers.

The reality is that he has failed to impress pretty much everyone, and he is rapidly becoming better known for his excuses than his ideas.

His strong arm legislation tactics where he attempts to utilize his core political groups to intimidate opponents and attempt to dominate and stifle debates is something that the MAJORITY of Americans are going to find increasingly disturbing and alarming.

That the media doesn't portray that accurately and that polls don't portray that accurately does not change the reality on the ground which is rapidly detoriating for him.

I think what you will see is that the overwhelming respondents to your supposition that Obama is not loosing popularity are going to tell you he's not very popular with them and it will be a majority of respondents.

Finally by your own admission his poll numbers have gone down, significantly you just are telling yourself its no big deal because other Presidents had poll numbers in similiar ranges at this stage of their Presidency...

They were turds too though!

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by OldDragger

I have learned that polls are pure BS.

The people I talk to, do not like the guy. Even the ones who voted for him are wishing they hadn't.

I will take people I can see over polls any day.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
If the American people were smart enough they would elect a logger head. In other words if you vote in a Democrat for president you then vote in a republican congress and vise versa. This way nothing get's done in Washington. This is a good thing. The less they do the less damage is done.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Sure, how predictable. Polls are always meaningless when they contradict your rhetoric.
Speaking of predictions, I sure had fun in 06 and 08 reminding some people of the predictions of GOP glory.
See you in 10!

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by OldDragger

Not nearly as much fun as we are going to have when all the Dems in Congress and this Adminsitration get thrown out on their asses in 2010, if they can make it that long.

[edit on 8/7/2009 by grapesofraft]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldDragger

Here's todays approval poll at Realclear Politics.com
Has Obama's rating gone down?
Yep!
In any way inconsistant with past Administrations?
Nope.
Here is the data.

President Obama Job Approval
Polling Data
Poll Date Sample Approve Disapprove Spread
RCP Average 7/27 - 8/6 -- 54.2 40.3 +13.9
Gallup 8/4 - 8/6 1547 A 58 36 +22
Rasmussen Reports 8/4 - 8/6 1500 LV 50 49 +1
Zogby 7/31 - 8/4 1005 LV 53 38 +15
CNN/Opinion Research* 7/31 - 8/3 1136 A 56 40 +16
Ipsos/McClatchy 7/30 - 8/3 1005 A 58 37 +21
Quinnipiac 7/27 - 8/3 2409 RV 50 42 +8

WHAT DO YOU SEE?
The country is divided almost exactly as they were on election day.
Hmmmm
Why is the right so desperate to perpetrate the FICTION that the nation is turning against the President that has been office SIX MONTHS?
Propaganda folks.

Maybe we hope you guys will wake up before it's all gone down the drain. As for the polls, they are probably doctored by Pelosi or whoever faked his bc. Why don't you answer a few things:

Where is the transparency? I mean, really? He keeps hiding everything he's doing. Won't answer important questions, but ignores us. Why not release the results for the Cash for Clunkers program? Why lie about what is in the health care bill? Why lie about Acorn? For that matter, why, in the face of questions about them, is he hiring them to white house jobs? Why is he protecting him? Why are they protecting him? I don't care which side of the voting aisle you're on - we're all in this same boat of America, together. If one goes down, we all go down. Start bailing!

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
I honestly think Obama is still doing as well as he is in the polls because of his die hard and sizable core constintuancy.

He has lost the Independent voters though and he has lost the cross over Republicans.

Some of his youth vote is waning too as they still can't find jobs and life isn't getting better for him.

Still the poll numbers themselves are probably about 15 percentage points higher than the actual poll itself registered but pollsters are good at tweaking numbers based on some questionable variables that they then apply mathematical formulas to guestimate more attractive numbers.

The reality is that he has failed to impress pretty much everyone, and he is rapidly becoming better known for his excuses than his ideas.

His strong arm legislation tactics where he attempts to utilize his core political groups to intimidate opponents and attempt to dominate and stifle debates is something that the MAJORITY of Americans are going to find increasingly disturbing and alarming.

That the media doesn't portray that accurately and that polls don't portray that accurately does not change the reality on the ground which is rapidly detoriating for him.

I think what you will see is that the overwhelming respondents to your supposition that Obama is not loosing popularity are going to tell you he's not very popular with them and it will be a majority of respondents.

Finally by your own admission his poll numbers have gone down, significantly you just are telling yourself its no big deal because other Presidents had poll numbers in similiar ranges at this stage of their Presidency...

They were turds too though!

And let's not forget, the other presidents never had the entire mainstream media kissing his a** and feeding us their spoon fed news from the whitehouse!

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
And let's not forget, the other presidents never had the entire mainstream media kissing his a** and feeding us their spoon fed news from the whitehouse!

Guess you missed 3/4 of the Bush years. the MSM did Bush's bidding.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldDragger
Propaganda folks.

Nah, you got it wrong.

The Right wing is the Nazis. Not Obama. At least, according to some people in office.

And by the way, he's been in office eight months, not six.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Woe hey, was that an Obama supporter who just went by?

Stevie, Stevie Wonder is that you?

I guess they are all out celebrating the slipping oops I mean high poll numbers?

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
And by the way, he's been in office eight months, not six.

The President takes office on January 20th laughing boy.
You figure it out. Jeezuz!

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 03:10 AM
link   
S&F for setting the record straight.

Right, they'll claim the polls are meaningless, or rigged, or that the Democrats now have complete control over the pollsters.

As for the polls not reflecting public sentiment - not so much. I talk to a *lot* of people, and honestly I don't know anyone who doesn't at least give Obama the benefit of the doubt, taking a "let's see what he does" attitude.

The guy inherited a huge, stinking mess from Bush, following eight years of corruption, arrogance, greed, and ignorance. When we went into the Bush administration, we had peace and a sound economy. We had no deficit.

When Bush got elected, the satirical newspaper "The Onion" had a headline: "Long Nightmare of Peace and Prosperity is Finally Over". How right they were.

I don't think too many people expect Obama to fix what it took eight long, bitter years to break. I certainly don't hear anyone complaining too much about what he's done so far, other than here. In real life, everyone seems OK with giving the man a chance to make a difference.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Yeah. It slipped from 80%, though. And it's still well above 50% and currently rising

Now you can boo that all you want, but the plain fact is... Obama walked into the room and got 80% approval, while Bush only saw 80% approval after over three thousand Americans were murdered. Reagan, the patron saint of being a right-wing dumbass, never once got past 69% approval.

So yeah, Obama's approval slipped. it slipped down and plateaued at an average higher than the best of your best.

Oh well.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
What's very dissappointing is that so many ATS'ers fall hook line and sinker for outright propaganda from the right. The very same folks that brought us into this mess.
You want a conspiracy? The right thinks this country belongs to them, that they own it. They don't care about you. Right wingers would just as soon shut down things like ATS. But folks here are more concerned with
finding some threat from Obama than seeing whats really going on.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Polls?

Why the hell are you even arguing polls?

To prove you were right or somebody else was wrong?

Well, they argued a lot on the Titanic after it hit that iceberg. I guess it doesn't matter. The arguing didn't change fact.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Yeah. It slipped from 80%, though. And it's still well above 50% and currently rising

Now you can boo that all you want, but the plain fact is... Obama walked into the room and got 80% approval, while Bush only saw 80% approval after over three thousand Americans were murdered. Reagan, the patron saint of being a right-wing dumbass, never once got past 69% approval.

So yeah, Obama's approval slipped. it slipped down and plateaued at an average higher than the best of your best.

Oh well.

That's nice...one problem he still hasn't done anything but cause an increasingly polarized divided nation through inflamatory rhetoric and strong arm intimidation tactics, oh and give away trillions of dollars to the richest corporations and people in America.

Oh and pay about 3,000.00 dollars too much to destroy old 500.00 dollar cars!

That all might be really cool to the Anime crowd but 8 months into his Administration he has lost over a 1/3 of his support by your own admission.

Additionally by your own admission his initial high support was based on the 'promise' of who he might be and what he might be able to do...not on an actual track record of success or accomplishment that boiled and filtered down into people's pockets and homes.

Further if you don't think loosing 1/3 of your constituents and supporters in 8 short months is a grim sign, and actually think it translates to success you should try owning a business.

You see in a business, if you started out making 80.00 a day and ended up in short order only making 50.00 a day, well you understand looking in your pocket that something isn't going quite right.

You ae young and naive and idealistic and simply believe in hope for the sake of hope and have placed your hopes in a man who is FAILING rapidly and the numbers don't lie.

50 is a lot less than 80!

It's a loss of more than 1/3.

It's a loss of more than 1/3 in less than 1/4 of the time you are allotted in your 4 year term.

In business you forecast by trending, at the rate of loss in another year and 4 months his poll numbers will be at Zero which in reality is what he is a Zero because the longer he stays in the room that 80% of the people were excited to see him walk in to, and keeps exposing himself as a Zero the closer his polls are going to go to Zero.

So what has your hero done besides give away billions to rich corporations, buy old clunkers for too much money, and cause violence in the streets at town hall meetings?

I would love to know...

Do you know?

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
That's nice...one problem he still hasn't done anything but cause an increasingly polarized divided nation through inflamatory rhetoric and strong arm intimidation tactics, oh and give away trillions of dollars to the richest corporations and people in America.

No, that was Bush and the Republicans. You have a very selective memory, but thats the wat propagandist work.
Forecasting trends? This isn't selling widgets, it's the ever changing whim of the public. Ratings go up and down, Obama still enjoys good ratings.
As for the rest of your rant, it's meaningless, not worth commenting on but for your "very young" blah blah. Just another way of discounting the humiliating losses of the Repubs the last few years. I'm not young at all, I manage 7.5m business in Los Angeles, so save your attempts at appearing wise for someone that is intimidated. I've been arounds more blocks than you can imagine.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join