It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive groundswell against Obama and Liberals! NOT!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by OldDragger

So in other words you are living in the past full of excuses and can't answer my questions.

Oh and know nothing about politics and business and hard numbers too.

So you have not so artfully deflected hard and real questions, because you have no hard and real answers and would like to point to everything that was and isn't, and pretend your youthful and naive world view over comes hard numbers and hard questions.

Tell me has your paycheck or income gone up since Obama took office?

Have prices at the gas pumps or grocery store gone down since Obama took office?

Are more of your friends now employed or unemployed since Obama took office.

Numbers never lie, just politicians!

I am not a republican, I was not a fan of Bush, and Bush is no longer the President, and there was no violence in the streets at Town Halls when Bush was President either by the way.

Your hero is a zero and so is your reply!

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
That's nice...one problem he still hasn't done anything but cause an increasingly polarized divided nation through inflamatory rhetoric and strong arm intimidation tactics,

Are Republicans familiar with the psychological term "projection"?

Oh and pay about 3,000.00 dollars too much to destroy old 500.00 dollar cars!

This may surprise you, but... the government's job isn't to turn a profit. I know, shocking, after so long of demanding we run it like a business (spedifically, enron)

That all might be really cool to the Anime crowd but 8 months into his Administration he has lost over a 1/3 of his support by your own admission.

Wouldn't know about hte anime crowd - That there's Noodle, from the British "music group" Gorillaz. From the same guy who brought us Tank Girl.

And yeah, the honeymoon's over. It's still doing better thna your guys ever managed, so, I'll just cut off the rest of the spin you cooked up to make yourself feel better.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by OldDragger

What is that supposed to prove exactly Bush had a 92 percent approval rating and it dropped like a stone to end at 22 percent at the end of his presidency. Obamma started with a 68 percent and quite frankly has lost ground. so to argue that he isnt looing popularity is insane .

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Once again you failed to read the posts.

I am not a Republican so I have no idea who 'you guys' is.

I do find it obscene you want to divide America into camps.

The Government is a business, if it wasn't a business there would be no taxes.

So like the OP basically what you are saying is you have no real answers and the only hope you have at answering questions is to put the people asking the questions into a 'you guys' camp and make them seem evil.

My poll numbers haven't gone down by 1/3!

I am not giving away the citizens hard earned tax dollars to the wealthiest corporations and individuals in the country.

So I am having a little trouble fitting into this 'you guys' camp.

I know you don't have answers, I just wanted to demonstrate to you that you have no real answers by allowing you to demonstrate you have no answers.

Don't cry to me when they send you the bill, and if you really don't think there is a bill coming in the way of higher taxes or higher inflation for all this nonsense you are in for a rude suprise!

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
He is down in the polls significantly, just on the generic approval stat. The poll that is/should troubling is the score received on "trust". That number is falling even faster.

The fatal mistake, and I think it is fatal is that he has allowed the left to hijack the agenda. He is over exposed and does nothing but speak in moderate tones, when Pelosi and Reid and others are pushing a polarizing agenda that is not what the American voter voted for.

The polls are not totally accurate, but they are an indicator of the public's view of the administration and it is dropping.

The issue here is that we are already seeing a trend and that is democrats are beginning to distance themselves, especially those up in 2010. Once he drops to 45% or so, which with a small margin of error, he will be a lame duck and that will happen by the end of the year. I have said this on other posts, but the democrats are about to get split between the left and moderates within the party. Once he drops below 50%, the democrats will tell Rahm to stick his pressure politics in his gigi and Obama will be left with the hard left, as hated in the country as the hard right.

By the end/middle of next year, it will be clear that he will be challenged in 2012 from the right from a democrat, I'm betting Hilliary Clinton.

He ran a disengenuous campaign and now folks are seeing that it was a bait and switch.

The irony is that he is totally likeable. He had huge personal currency. He has allowed his agenda to be fronted by people who are dispised, generally (Pelosi and Reid). Had he used his power to force them out of their roles and replace them with reasonable, likeable leaders, he would be in a much better position. Now it is too late.

The sad thing is that the country needs what they voted for. A non-divisive, pragmatic, transparent leader who could work with a variety of people to get things done. Sadly, I think he is that guy. He is simply not supported by the cast he has surrounded himself with.

He should absolutely clean house, especially with his political advisors and clean house immediately. Everytime Rahm gets on TV, he loses trust. People love Chicago. They also hate the politics of Chicago.

Unfortunate, but I strongly believe we are about to enter a very ugly period of American politics and the country will be worse off, not better afterward.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
What is that supposed to prove exactly Bush had a 92 percent approval rating and it dropped like a stone to end at 22 percent at the end of his presidency. Obamma started with a 68 percent and quite frankly has lost ground. so to argue that he isnt looing popularity is insane .

Yes it would be, if that is what I said, but I didn't. Read my OP.
I said his numbers are down, but not in any way inconsistant with previous administrations.
And what does it prove? Nothing except that the idea that Americans
have turned against the Obama administration in massive "citizens uprisings" is pure fiction.
As I said, we are almost exactly where we were on election day.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
We shall see come election day. I don't put much faith in polls. I say this because I do not participate in polls, and maybe a few more people don't. What I do know is this: I voted for Obama simply as a way to insure that McCain/Palin didn't get in. So, basically I did not vote for Obama, I voted against McCain/Palin. Next election, I will vote against Obama.

<< 1   >>

join