It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Anyone Hear Heard Anything About the Loveland Frog/Frogman?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
The Loveland Frog

One of America's most bizarre urban legends is that of the Loveland frogs, or frogmen as they are sometimes called. The first sighting was of strange creatures seen under a bridge, and the witness sounded as if he could not decide whether he had seen fairy-tale trolls, reptoids or things that were half human, half frog.

Later sightings were less confused, but still contained inconsistencies. Witnesses claimed that what they had seen was certainly frog-like, but they disagreed on the details. Some reported human-sized frogmen, some reported tiny frog-sized frogmen, and some reported just plain giant frogs with no noticable human features.

This may sound like a really stupid legend, but there was enough evidence, including tracks, that both the police and the FBI investigated (probably with the theory that it was pranksters in costumes). Of course, cryptozoologists and all sorts of paranormal investigators became interested too.

The Loveland frogs continue to be sighted at irregular intervals along the Ohio River and the Little Miami River. They got their moniker from the town of Loveland, Ohio, near most of the sightings. Today cryptozoologists have little interest in these creatures. After all, they sound absurd, just like most humanoids that are not some kind of Bigfoot or a closely related hairy humanoid.

Has anyone heard much more about it? I think it's interesting, and I want to see if there is more out there about it.

[edit on 7-8-2009 by Phlynx]

[edit on 7-8-2009 by Phlynx]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I would start here:

C2C Image: Unidentified Animal

and here:

Bipedal Reptilians

That C2C Image is very closely linked with the Loveland Frog, and the discussion in that thread contains many theories and concepts on what the Loveland Frog really is.

The thread on Bipedal Reptilians strays from the norms of Sci-Fi Reptilians and into different legends.

Here's one on the Dover Demon, too: Dover Demon Caught on Film?

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

Hey I live not far from there. I will go and check it out one weekend. This is strange. I have lived in this area all my life and have never heard this.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by grapesofraft
reply to post by Phlynx

Hey I live not far from there. I will go and check it out one weekend. This is strange. I have lived in this area all my life and have never heard this.
If you do find anything unusual tell me.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Please continue the discussion in one of the existing threads.

top topics

join