It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question for Scott - Betelgeuse Near Orion

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   
With regards to the other stars in Orion, it seems the area in question (at least as far as Zorgon's response) is near a residential area - thus may be accessible from another angle - who knows. Check out 29deg 56'40.00"N, 31deg 6'12.19"E for the "bottom left" star you mentioned.

...although, I guess that DOES kinda look like a razorwire fence to the west there.... I don't know how far it stretches, or if that's even what it is, just looking at GE.

I'm assuming this overlay is correct - if so, I don't really see anything in the areas of the other stars. If anything, I think they may simply be a reference point - but to what is the question. I've heard the theory that they're there as a reference for the Pleiades, as possibly represented by Heliopolis - this could be, although the distance seems disproportionate (unless that particular star group is no longer visually in the same position as it was thousands of years ago). I don't have any other ideas to offer up.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Yeah but what you are looking at there is a 1 or 2 dimensional image , wheras when you look up at the stars you are looking at them as a 3 dimensional image i.e. with depth etc.
did the builders of the pyramids realise this ?
surely with something that complex they must have.
so is there a 3D representation of the stars of orion's belt at giza?
just a thought.

<< 1   >>

join