It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question for Scott - Betelgeuse Near Orion

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   
In another thread I answered a poster about Nibiru

Originally posted by Jools.but it [Nibiru] was supposed to be visible this year to everyone by naked eye) was coming through the constellation of Orion which is generally of the consensus of believers

What people are seeing in the area of Orion is Betelgeuse which may be about to go super Nova. That star has been shrinking and flaring up spewing phenomenal energy. (Well it is 540 light years away so what we see now happened already 540 years ago)

I can just bet many will say "OH That is Nibiru... See? We told you so!!!"

Here it is the reddish one upper left

Betelgeuse, in Orion (the bright red giant in the upper left) is shrinking and astromomers think that we may get to see a supernova soon. Of course, being 520 or so light yrs away, this event might be long over. I love this bit about the night sky: looking at it is the same as looking into the past.

www.flickr.com...

Our sun (tiny spec) compared to Betelgeuse... Betelgeuse is the biggest star we know. This will be one heck of a bang when this one blows and should be visible to the naked eye. Only thing is there is no way to know when

Just keep watching Orion

Now Larryman made a comment in another thread that I want to bring up here

Originally posted by Larryman

Zorgon... if Betelgeuse going supernova is a recent development... and if the Egyptian Giza pyramids are aligned to Orion's belt... then there may be something located near the pyramids, at the location represented by the position of Betelgeuse. And it may be important, at this time of Betelgeuse supernova. 'As above... seek below'.
Just wondering...

Now I know you have done extensive work on the Orin/Pyramid connection... is there any chance in your mind that Larryman might be on to something? And if so how to we go digging?

I would appreciate your thoughts on this

Thanks

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I will definitely keep an eye out. Maybe the pyramids will open a stargate
heck best guess i can come up with. snf

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Zorgon... if Betelgeuse going supernova is a recent development... and if the Egyptian Giza pyramids are aligned to Orion's belt... then there may be something located near the pyramids, at the location represented by the position of Betelgeuse. And it may be important, at this time of Betelgeuse supernova. 'As above... seek below'.
Just wondering...

This is what I found on Egypt/Betelgeuse:

Even more confusing was that Orion's two brightest stars Rigel (beta Orionis) and Betelgeuse (alpha Orionis) do not mark an ancient monument of any kind.

Source

IRM

[edit on 7/8/09 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 04:24 AM
link   
can any one put into retrospect for me the theory with the silver caps that supposedly were once placed on the pyramids??? good thread btw zorgon!

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

(Larryman)....if Betelgeuse going supernova is a recent development... and if the Egyptian Giza pyramids are aligned to Orion's belt... then there may be something located near the pyramids, at the location represented by the position of Betelgeuse. And it may be important, at this time of Betelgeuse supernova. 'As above... seek below'. Just wondering...

Zorgon: Now I know you have done extensive work on the Orin/Pyramid connection... is there any chance in your mind that Larryman might be on to something? And if so how to we go digging?

SC: Robert Bauval's original Orion Correlation Theory 'predicted' that other monuments (or remains of such) would be found at the ground locations of all four 'corner' stars of the Orion constellation. This turned out not to be the case and some regarded this as a significant flaw in Bauval's theory.

It has long been my own view, however, that what is actually being depicted at Giza are the Belt stars and ONLY the belt stars. The secondary satellite pyramids i.e. the so-called Queens' Pyramids depict the precessional max and min culminations i.e. the precessional motion of the belt stars. With this information we can be absolutely certain that it is the belt stars and ONLY the belt stars that are being depicted on the ground at Giza, thus.

It remains my own view that if the belt stars are 'pointing' anywhere it is to a location just to the southwest of the Giza plateau, a location I attempted to reach last year but, alas, failed miserably largely as a result of some 'unusual' security measures. You can read about this here. The stellar correlation with this terrestrial location seems to indicate the star Rho Orionis. I have no idea why this desert area to the SW of Giza is, for all intents and purposes, effectively 'off limits' to the public.

And why the Gizamids should be indicating this particular star in the Orion constellation is entirely open to speculation.

Best wishes,

Scott Creighton

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan

Just wondering...

This is what I found on Egypt/Betelgeuse:

Even more confusing was that Orion's two brightest stars Rigel (beta Orionis) and Betelgeuse (alpha Orionis) do not mark an ancient monument of any kind.

Source

IRM

[edit on 7/8/09 by InfaRedMan]

That's because they haven't looked hard enough. If they placed the stars in the correct orientation and 'scale!!!!!' they would see that Betelgeuse 'does' line up to something.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Scott Creighton

Hi Scott.
The Bauval theory isn't the only one there is. If the stars of Orion (Betelgeuse in particular) are placed in the correct orientation and in the correct scale they point to a location near Giza. I don't know why anybody hasn't done it before, but all the alignments I have seen so far have the Stars back to front, and the scale all wrong.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by soldier8828
can any one put into retrospect for me the theory with the silver caps that supposedly were once placed on the pyramids??? good thread btw zorgon!

I understand it was a gold capstone on the Pyramid of Cheops.
Originally the whole pyramid was covered with white 'Tura' limestone and was supposedly inscribed with all the writings of Egypt. These stones were striped off to build all the mosques in Cairo, by the Arab invaders in the Middle Ages and later. The capstone is missing and there is no record of it ever being in place (except for vague stories). If it ever was there it would of been looted long ago.
Or hopefully, somebody removed it and it is in a safe location somewhere hidden.
Hope this helps.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by starwarp2000

Hello Starwarp,

Starwarp: ...the alignments I have seen so far have the Stars back to front, and the scale all wrong.

SC: How so? Do explain.

Regards,

Scott Creighton

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Hi Zorgon,
not sure if its been mentioned, however, the three great pyramids of Giza are representative of Orions belt. Any monumental correlation to Betelgeuse, would most probably place this monument far from Giza itself.
An interesting concept though.
not to say that there isn't one that has these attributes, but as memory serves, aren't the 3 great pyramids in prescise angular arrangement to the 'belt'? Just a thought! If they were accurate with these representations, why not this also?

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Scott Creighton

Hello Starwarp,

Starwarp: ...the alignments I have seen so far have the Stars back to front, and the scale all wrong.

SC: How so? Do explain.

Regards,

Scott Creighton

Well the stars in the correct orientation would be like this:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3e16e1835496.jpg[/atsimg]

The standard idea of Orion / Giza lineup. Notice the star Al Nitak and it's correspondence to the Khufu Pyramid (It is the largest star in the belt)

In most of the star lineup's I have seen the stars are around the wrong way.
I wasn't criticising your work Scott, you have the right idea.

Have a look at this thread and tell me what you think.

Stargates are Real

Cheers Scott

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Hello Starwarp,

Starwarp: In most of the star lineups I have seen the stars are around the wrong way.

SC: Sorry, but I still fail to grasp what you are meaning here. I don't actually see anything wrong with the diagram you presented. How are the stars around the wrong way?

Kind regards,

Scott Creighton

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scott Creighton

Hello Starwarp,

Starwarp: In most of the star lineups I have seen the stars are around the wrong way.

SC: Sorry, but I still fail to grasp what you are meaning here. I don't actually see anything wrong with the diagram you presented. How are the stars around the wrong way?

Kind regards,

Scott Creighton

Hi Scott,

I was responding to a earlier post that stated:

Yes, that diagram is the correct orientation of the Belt stars of Orion. i posted it to show the 'correct' orientation.
I was saying that most of the examples i have seen (For no Monuments marking the location of Betelgeuse) have the stars around the wrong way.

I just wanted to ask your opinion of this and whether you have investigated this in your studies.

Did you follow that link to my post on the other thread?

Cheers Scott

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Hello Starwarp,

Starwarp: Yes, that diagram is the correct orientation of the Belt stars of Orion. i posted it to show the 'correct' orientation. I was saying that most of the examples i have seen (For no Monuments marking the location of Betelgeuse) have the stars around the wrong way.

SC: The belt stars cannot be viewed at the northern meridian. When at meridian they can be viewed ONLY on the southern meridian. So, when we view the belt stars at the only meridian they can be viewed (i.e. when looking south) and we decide to then draw what we observe in the sky, we have this:

I see no contradiction between what is actually observed in the sky and how we would then render this onto a drawing.

Kind regards,

Scott Creighton

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Hi Scott,
is it possible that the miniscule dis-alignment of the pyramids to the stars inquestion is because the stars have changed position in the 2000 or so years that the pyramids have been in existence?
If this has previously been presented I apologise!
What temple/other alignment do you think may be attributed to Betelguese (if any)?

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by KRISKALI777

Hello Kriskali,

Kriskali: is it possible that the miniscule dis-alignment of the pyramids to the stars inquestion is because the stars have changed position in the 2000 or so years that the pyramids have been in existence?

SC: The phenomenon you are referring to is, of course, the 'proper motion' of the stars. Over thousands of years stars in constellations such as the Big Dipper slowly drift away from one another. The 3 stars of Orion's belt, however, exhibit very little proper motion and so what we see of these 3 stars today is pretty much what our ancestors would have seen thousands of years ago.

In my research into the Giza-Orion correlation I am convinced that the slight misalignment is not the smallest pyramid (G3) but is actually the centre pyramid of Khafre (G2) that is slightly misaligned from its true belt star centre on the Giza plateau. I think this was perhaps done in order to achieve this:

Best wishes,

Scott Creighton

[edit on 9/8/2009 by Scott Creighton]

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Hi Scott,

Have you ever thought about the effect the center of our galaxy (which is a massive black hole) has on the Earth's precession? In other words, would this black hole cause a shift in the axis of the Earth? And, wouldn't this be a cyclical event that occurs twice during a 'full' cycle? Please watch this 5 minute video about the Earth's precession. The data in this video seems to correlate exactly with your theory...

www.metacafe.com...

Great work, by the way. This stuff is beyond amazing.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by the_plumber

Hello Plumber,

Good post and vid - thank you.

Plumber: Have you ever thought about the effect the center of our galaxy (which is a massive black hole) has on the Earth's precession? In other words, would this black hole cause a shift in the axis of the Earth? And, wouldn't this be a cyclical event that occurs twice during a 'full' cycle?

SC: Yes, I am aware of this theory and think it has possibilities. I also consider the work of Dr Paul LaViolette as possible in which he proposes that the core of our galaxy enters an explosive phase every 10-13 thousand years with potentially catastrophic results for the Earth with the Kuipier belt becoming a shooting gallery with asteroids blasted all over the place, a number of them perhaps having Earth's name on them.

In this scenario what we have is a cyclical time-span for a particular event to occur, a cycle that seems to be indicated in the Giza star-clock. Of course there is no evidence - as far as I know - that tells us that the Earth is bombarded with these asteroids/bollides every 10-13 thousand years. So, although the catalyst mechanism (the galactic core explosions or the Earth moving in line with the galactic plane) is a predictable cycle, the fallout from such an event (i.e. asteroids being blasted in all directions, some with Earth's name on them) is entirely random - most times we will probably pass through such critical phases relatively unscathed whilst on other occasions (think dino extinctions) the Earth might not be so lucky.

The Giza star-clock tells us the times to watch out for and these times coincide roughly with the culminations of the Orion belt stars i.e. 666 years after maximum or minimum culmination. The next date to watch out for (and prepare ourselves for) according to the Giza star-clock is the year 3,126CE which is the start time of a critical phase for the Earth that lasts around 1700 years.

At this time ensure you have built for yourself a strong, secure shelter on high ground, ensure you have plenty of supplies and above all, keep a boat or two nearby for a precarious trip in a flooded world.

Well, whadaya know - I've just described precisely what Khufu did!

Best wishes,

Scott Creighton

[edit on 10/8/2009 by Scott Creighton]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by soldier8828

I would like more information aswell....if you get a respone plz let me know

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by wishfixer
reply to post by soldier8828

I would like more information aswell....if you get a respone plz let me know