It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Opponents of ObamaCare Shut Out in Tampa Townhall

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Opponents of ObamaCare Shut Out in Tampa Townhall

www.redcounty.com

Catastrophe. The townhall led by Congresswoman Kathy Castor (D) was stacked by members of the Service Employees International Union (SEIU). Opponents of ObamaCare were shut out.

As I walked along the side of the building a man and woman approached me saying, “Don’t go in, the Republicans have the building surrounded!” The Hillsborough County Children's Board which seats about 250, was overflowed with over 1,000 angry Hillsborough County residents.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
From the Article:
"Anyone who visibly opposed ObamaCare was denied access to meeting and were forced to stand outside. Die hard teaparty conservatives with their homemade signs held high, stood wrapped around the building, chanting “Just say no!” Others stood quietly with signs depicting President Obama as the Joker."

Is that also starting to infringe on first amendment rights? Doesn't the First Amendment not say: "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

www.redcounty.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Wow...Just WOW...First the black panthers were used to keep people out of election booths, then protesters weren't allowed to assemble over the bailouts, and now Obamacare opponents are getting shut out of town hall meetings?

Jesus H. When will enough be enough? This is the VERY blatant behavior we were warned about in our Constitution. Wait....who knows the Constitution anymore.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   
And you didn't see this coming when they asked EVERYONE to turn in people who talked out against the potus and his plans? COME ON why else would they be asking for that?
Yeah I am sure there are some "special interest groups" out there sending in people. But to label every person in the same tub is just wrong. If the place was full so be it. But the article makes it seem as if they filled it with those people they thought weren't going to cause any trouble by asking to many questions they don't want to answer.

+5 more 
posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   
They are going to keep pushing and they are going to get more than what they bargained for. People are getting po and this ain't no Republican Only Thing.

It isn't just about Healthcare. It is also about people losing their job, still losing their house, banks and corporations still getting freebies at taxpayers expense, government spending like crazy, a stimulus plan that has created no jobs, a Congress that ignores its people, the constant labeling, the MSM brown nose, spending on two wars, government increasing taxes, 401 and savings disappearing, and a President who said he had the best plan for the American economy.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Can you blame them for shutting them out? Have you seen the stunts these people are pulling infront of cameras? They're all zombies of Fox news and Rupert Murdochs propaganda machine.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
That's cute the Administration basically has now done for a fact what it's accused it's opponents of without real proof of, and that's stacking the audience to create a skewered and controlled reaction.

It's one thing assuming it's true for corporate and private groups and citizens to attempt to have their voices heard dispraportianately, but it's another thing entirely for the government to provide the entire audience and then claim its an audience reflective of the citizenry, or that it was in the citizens interest to deny citizens of all positions and perspectives a seat if that position or perspective isn't condoning of the goverment's own.

The Administration has now proven beyond a reasonable doubt it is lower than it claims it's own opponents are, lost any moral high ground it could pretend to have in the process and struck a potential deadly blow to the future of free speach and a representative republic in America.

Should it be proven that they continue to engage in such tactics and it's linked back to the Administration it won't be long until pickets are formed around the White House and Capitol.

Bring your own pillow, I am sure plenty of tar can be found in Washington these days.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by wantsome

Yes, Yes I can and will! We have a right to be heard no matter how crazy or outlandish the clame is WE HAVE A RIGHT to be there and to be heard to be noticed and have our say and for you to insinuate that we should not be well that is just un-American.

[edit on 7-8-2009 by SPC_D]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by wantsome
Can you blame them for shutting them out? Have you seen the stunts these people are pulling infront of cameras? They're all zombies of Fox news and Rupert Murdochs propaganda machine.

You honestly believe a news organization has enough power to push enough people to do this? If so then why couldn't they control the election, or cause mass riots sooner?
I think you are buying into that left wing nonsense.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   
^^^ I think the adminstration has a right to be heard without the misinformed inturupting and causing a sceen as they are prone to do.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   
This is about more than healthcare. Healthcare was just the spark that set off the powderkeg that's been building up for the past 8.5 years. Weather or not people are at these meetings on their own or being organized and such is irrelevent. They're still citizens and still have a right to question thier reps, senators and their president. Once these so called leaders start shutting out people who don't agree with their viewpoints, then we're no longer a constituitonal republic.

This is a very slippery slope where you have a gov't openly advocating reporting "fishy" stuff to organizing unions and Acorn to screen people at public events are just the start. Do you think they'll stop there? How long will it be before there are mass arrests? Maybe I'm overstating things, but based on what I see going on, I have a lot of concerns about the direction we're going in.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   

No they are not they had there chance to be heard on c span and in the news now it is our turn to ask questions! The administration wants’ us to snitch on each other they want us in fear so why not make them fear us for a change? Hmmm now that is change I can believe in.

EDIT: Heard is not spelled hard

[edit on 7-8-2009 by SPC_D]

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Hate to disappoint you but there are plenty of angry Democrats at those townhall meetings.
Plenty of angry, greatest generation, Americans too.

Pelosi and the gang are trying their best to belittle and discredit these folks by using words such as "astroturf" yet they don't realize this is a real grass roots effort.

Once Pelosi and Boxer started using the word Nazi's to describe these folks, it was obvious they had become desperate.

plus...

Republicans have suggested that the protests are an organic response to the Democrats' health care plan and criticized the opposition party for casting the protesters as a "mob" of "extremists."

Democrats, by contrast, have suggested the protesters are doing the bidding of Republicans and their allies, among them D.C. lobbying group FreedomWorks.

source

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   

^^^ I think the adminstration has a right to be heard without the misinformed inturupting and causing a sceen as they are prone to do.

He had a special on ABC and a one hour press conference, various Op-Eds new newspapers and magazines...yeah, I don't think he's been heard

[edit on 7-8-2009 by yellowcard]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by yellowcard

You honestly believe a news organization has enough power to push enough people to do this? If so then why couldn't they control the election, or cause mass riots sooner?
Rupert Murdoch, Bill Gates and Time/Warner all have thier own agenda's they push. I don't like the media at all but I have to say some are blantantly worse then others. The media does manipulate the info to pursuade the views of the common couch potato.

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   
There's a Revolution coming.

I have a feeling it will be quite a thorough one - thanks to information technology. We have their names, we have their faces, we have their addresses and we have the Constitution on our side.

Oh yeah, We're angry too.

[edit on 7-8-2009 by Exuberant1]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   

The media does manipulate the info to pursuade the views of the common couch potato.

I agree. But I feel that this economy and the government's arrogance is persuading American's to get engaged and take action. Labeling people is only going to create an environment for more Americans to join the cause.

One has to wonder why Obama hasn't concentrated on the economy as much as he has healthcare?

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Rupert Murdoch, Bill Gates and Time/Warner all have thier own agenda's they push. I don't like the media at all but I have to say some are blantantly worse then others. The media does manipulate the info to pursuade the views of the common couch potato.

Of course they have an agenda, so does GE, I recently submitted an article on corporate interference in news, but having an agenda and yielding power are not the same thing, and that's where you go off the deep end. Perhaps we should just censor everyone who isn't "right."

[edit on 7-8-2009 by yellowcard]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by yellowcard

Of course they have an agenda, so does GE, I recently submitted an article on corporate interference in news, but having an agenda and yielding power are not the same thing, and that's where you go off the deep end. Perhaps we should just censor everyone who isn't "right." Censor? Says who? I don't belive in censorship but I do belive the media has responsability to report the truth.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by yellowcard

The angry mob thing isn't helping the protesters one bit. This is probably the reason they have been turned away, Has anyone been watching the news? All the videos i've seen of the town halls are protesters yelling and shouting non-stop, not even allowing a discussion to take place. This can all be done in a civilized manner. And maybe if these protesters allowed a atleast some questions to be answered they would get the politicians right where they want them.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join