It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Opponents of ObamaCare Shut Out in Tampa Townhall

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
reply to post by wantsome

The media does manipulate the info to pursuade the views of the common couch potato.

I agree. But I feel that this economy and the government's arrogance is persuading American's to get engaged and take action. Labeling people is only going to create an environment for more Americans to join the cause.

One has to wonder why Obama hasn't concentrated on the economy as much as he has healthcare?
I don't know I thought the recent cash for clunkers worked out pretty well to stimulate the economy. The way I see it is the government can mess up the health care system any worse then what it is. I say let em do it it's not gonna get any worse for me. I've been raked over the coals by the healthcare system for the past 12 years. Insurance costs are through the roof. Matter of fact everything healthcare is.

I've incured $3000 in hospital bills I can't pay because of lack of insurance. I've payed out thousands for medications over the past 12 years. Even when I had health insurance they still wouldn't cover my doctors bills. It's cheaper for me to be on wellfare. So the way I see it is they can't screw it up any worse.

link   

Originally posted by wantsomeCensor? Says who? I don't belive in censorship but I do belive the media has responsability to report the truth.

Apparently you?

Originally posted by wantsomeI think the adminstration has a right to be heard without the misinformed inturupting and causing a sceen as they are prone to do.

So if it's "propaganda" (which all forms of media are) then it should be censored, that is the only way to keep it from interrupting someone else's agenda.

Originally posted by wantsome
I don't know I thought the recent cash for clunkers worked out pretty well to stimulate the economy. The way I see it is the government can mess up the health care system any worse then what it is. I say let em do it it's not gonna get any worse for me. I've been raked over the coals by the healthcare system for the past 12 years. Insurance costs are through the roof. Matter of fact everything healthcare is.

I've incured $3000 in hospital bills I can't pay because of lack of insurance. I've payed out thousands for medications over the past 12 years. Even when I had health insurance they still wouldn't cover my doctors bills. It's cheaper for me to be on wellfare. So the way I see it is they can't screw it up any worse.

I'm sorry for your troubles, but you are taking the naive way around things, "things are bad for me, so screw everyone else." Government caused the current mess, and I don't think they can get us out...Medicaid is 53 Trillion in the hole, it's not a success. Cash for clunkers was a success, because it put money in the hands of consumers, insurance does not do that. They are economically incomparable.

[edit on 7-8-2009 by yellowcard]

link   

Originally posted by Uniceft17

The angry mob thing isn't helping the protesters one bit.

They were loud - You won't like them when they're angry.

Americans are uniting over common cause, regardless of political affiliation. They are gonna take their country back and God help those who get in their way.

This is going to be a very exciting year.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

Ok, I've heard this since George Dubya. So not holding my breath. And acting like an angry mob is only hurting the cause.

[edit on 8/7/2009 by Uniceft17]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   

So not holding my breath. And acting like an angry mob is only hurting the cause.

Wrong.

This Constitutional Republic has it's beginnings in an Angry Mob.

This mob has every right to be Angry.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   

reply to post by Exuberant1

Ok, I've heard this since George Dubya. So not holding my breath. And acting like an angry mob is only hurting the cause.

[edit on 8/7/2009 by Uniceft17]

These Congressman/Senators have already made up their mind, if you actually READ what they are saying, or listen, the Congressmen have clearly said they will only vote for the bill if it includes a "public option." That is NOT a debate, you claim the mob doesn't listen and just yells, the Representatives of these people won't listen to them, wouldn't you be pretty pissed off? They are called Representatives for a reason. While I think some of these protesters are ill informed, I highly doubt even the Declaration of Independence or Constitution were written with 100% civility, I'm quite sure (I know for a fact) they were conducted over debate, some which were not quiet. They used to duels you know...

[edit on 7-8-2009 by yellowcard]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Through the media TPTB are tyring to downplay what's going cause they're a little scared about all this. More people are waking up the federal reserve system, Bernacke even held a town hall meeting tyring to paint the Fed as something good for crying out loud. All of this labeling these protestors as mercenary rabble rousers is just ludicrous. While I admit that maybe to a small degree some of the crowd are, but does that take away from the fact the gov't no longer gives a damn about the people? Didn't the bailout under Bush prove that? Congress getting inundated with calls from the people to not vote it in, and they do it anyway? Not to mention that Obama ran on a bunch of promises and is just continuing wiht the same old song and dance, don't you think that's feeding into this too?

Not to mention we're still fighting two wars for seemingly no apparent reason anymore. We're still spending all this money on it and still losing young men and women. People often cite that Europe and other nations that have a universal healthcare program, well those nations aren't off policing the world on their dime, they have money to do those kinds of programs. Even if this healthcare bill was the best bill ever written there's still a few problems going on. These politicians aren't reading the bills and we dont' have the money to do it with anyway.

I think people are starting to realize on various levels that things aren't going to get back to the "good old days" anytime soon and they're seeing their personal lives get darker every day. While various people like to point out to the rising stock mocket and declinging google searches as the economy is getting better, I think it says a lot when we base "progress" on "well the news wasn't as bad as we thought it was going to be". How can you say the economy is recovering? The dollar is taking a nose dive and we're printing money like there is no tomorrow. Daniel Hannon (the british politician who gaing some fame by calling out Brown) said that Zimbabwe is feeling sorry for Britian due to their economic woes saying "At least we (Zimbabwe) can blame it on being under an African dictator" I guess the US could say "we'll we're fighting two wars".

This gov't has failed the people, both left and right, and it's need a restoration back to the days where the people were listened to and not just dismissed as paid provocatours and shut out in meetings with their "elected" representatives. We're living in interesting times and I fear this is the start of much darker days to come.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   
yellowcard

I don't know where you get your numbers from but the national debt is only 11 trillion. I highly doubt medicaid debt surpasses the national debt.

And no I'm not saying "everythings bad for me so screw everyone else". Some of you right wingers are so afraid someones gonna take the cookie out of your hand.

This is one of the richest nations on this earth and we should be able to provide reasonable and affordable healthcare to all. Not just the one that can afford it.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   
actually makes me proud to see this happen only a few miles from my hometown

glad there are mad folks around the area i live in

a few of my friends here are in lala land it sometimes seems

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Some of you right wingers are so afraid someones gonna take the cookie out of your hand.

Enough with the injecting of partisan politics into every discussion. It's getting old fast...

We are all Americans and we are all being screwed - It doesn't matter if you are Democrat, Republican, Or Half-Canadian; you all have a right to be angry and to let everyone know (especially an nearby politicians).

[edit on 7-8-2009 by Exuberant1]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   

yellowcard

I don't know where you get your numbers from but the national debt is only 11 trillion. I highly doubt medicaid debt surpasses the national debt.

And no I'm not saying "everythings bad for me so screw everyone else". Some of you right wingers are so afraid someones gonna take the cookie out of your hand.

This is one of the richest nations on this earth and we should be able to provide reasonable and affordable healthcare to all. Not just the one that can afford it.

Well first off what if I don't want health care? Ever think of those people? The people that would just rather pay out of pocket for it? Or people that don't want to be tied down to one heath care provider.

And I worked hard for my Cookie! Why the hell should I share it if I don't want to?

[edit on 7-8-2009 by SPC_D]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 01:42 AM
link   
I would wager that 99% of those people have not read the bill. Most are going by hear say. Those in congress have not even read the bill. I have not read the bill.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Here is a video from the event, the MSM is once again making them out to be nutjobs and solely republican based.

It's great when ACORN is bused in to protest but when real americans finially get off the couch to speak up they are call wackjobs and other silly names. Burn baby burn.

Rep Kathy Castor is a trator and refuses to listen to the people of her state.

[edit on 06/03/2009 by Rams59lb]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 01:55 AM
link   
that video is crazy...did the man with the torn shirt get it torn while being thrust out of the room!?

why did they let the old lady in but not anyone else?

i am going to bed before i get even more mad and then can't sleep!

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Eleutheria

His shirt was torn by the union officials that planted to favor this bill and were let in from the back door to push out any and all people who opposed the health care bill. Rep Kathy Castor left within 10 minutes and then tried to say that the people with were their of free will were sent their by the insurance companies lol... This is going to get crazy when they pass it like they let Sotomeyer in today.... The Constitution is gone!

This is what the dems are doing to stop real citizens from speaking out against Obamacare.

But they are going to say in the MSM that this guy is a plant for the right wing and this thread explains how the dems are planing on shutting up anybody who doesn't go along with the healthcare plan.
www.politico.com...
This is a really great read!

[edit on 06/03/2009 by Rams59lb]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Eleutheria

that video is crazy...did the man with the torn shirt get it torn while being thrust out of the room!?

Here's a video where he explains what happened...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Can you blame them for shutting them out? Have you seen the stunts these people are pulling infront of cameras? They're all zombies of Fox news and Rupert Murdochs propaganda machine.

oh my how the left wing loves to attack people or organizations on a personal leve,l when they screw up im neither left or right im center massed at not budging from that position what gives me a headache is msnbc so totally one sided like fox but the difference is they attack people personally, fox just bombards negativity about dem. policies,even CNN is biased towards one side 75% of the time .

what happened to the integrity in the news

what really makes me upset is the dems like pilosi calling the protesters puppets and organized by right wing groups and they only want to bash dem polcies to get back in office.
i was at the protest in my city Sacramento on tax day, everything i seen there was anti taxes, anti big gov. a few anti obama stuff , but they were definitely in the minority . then the iraq war protesters coming out during the the bush admin and then the dems say well the people are speaking there voice its the will of the people , the republicans even though they disagreed with did not go on to bash the protesters
i guess for the dems its only ok to protest and be considered a grassroots movment and the will of the people if its in favor of their position

For someone to blame fox news for the dems screwing up(like all politicians do ) is like blaming the cows for eating to much McDonalds
to blame one media outlet and not blame the others is just pure hypocritical and moronic

as a true independent on here i say bush screwed up, obama is screwing up if he continues the way he is going he could be worse than bush.
the whole political system is so corrupt and it dividing this country left or right as much as white or black has had in the past, lets just get together and elect the right people in office to serve this country and not the people who only serve their party
if you can not name your sate senators and/ or your rep. please don't vote untill you get educated on who your voting for and why your voting for them not just because their dem or repub.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 04:30 AM
link   
I'm going to be alone in this opinion but I say good. What did you think was going to happen when Repub and Right-Wing websites have been circulating orders to bust these meetings up? A bunch of screaming wal-mart right-wingers isn't going to accomplish a damn thing. The right has become such an amazing diva attention whores and are screaming incoherently trying to silence anyone else rather than actually doing something good. Screw these people disrupting the town halls, it's stupid.

I'm not pro-obamacare, I'm not pro Obama. I'm just point the obvious that these people accomplish nothing and are completely idiotic. If they really wanted to battle this out, they should study the bill and have valid argument points... but that would actually require reading big words and it's just much easier to do what Fox News tells you and act stupid in front of a camera.

If this is the opposition to Obama, he's going to win every battle he faces in his eight years.

[edit on 7-8-2009 by CuriousSkeptic]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by standupamerica32

The left-right paradigm is nothing more than a control mechanism.

Freedom is making a comeback. The People are coming together, regardless of party affiliation.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Wait a hot minute. I must ask.

Wasn't is about 35, 40 years ago liberals (or hippies, if you prefer - I like hippies, myself) protested the hell out of the vietnam war? I wasn't alive then, but I stayed awake in history class.

If the war protesters were liberals, and they fought with every ounce of muster they had (some even rude to soldiers, nasty, vicious), why is it such an issue for non-liberals to have the same rights to protest?

Talk about sad. After all these years, and protesters are basically made out to be the enemy of the state.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join