It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Hunts For The Missing Thunderbird Picture

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I guess the last post on this thread was in 2011, but I'll post anyway.
I did some research on the Harry McClure dude mentioned earlier (pg. 2). I want to eventually call a relative of his and get his story first hand. Well I found him- -unfortunately he passed away. However I did get a lot of information,
including his middle initial (F) and some places he lived (Lordsburg, New Mexico and then colorado springs colorado) and so on (some other stuff like his social)- - - - -I'm trying not to be too creepy in my searches as I have never known the guy.
- - - anyway I can't find any relatives so I was wandering If anybody here can help me out.
I think if someone can contact a relative of his we can get his story on the thunderbird in tombstone arizona.
- - -according to him the T-bird was never killed, but he knew the cowboys who shot at it (this means there was no epitaph photo, but does not mean the photo does not exist).
- - - - So this story is (I think) very substantial to the whole 1800s stories if you know what I mean.
Thanks so much
-russ

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 03:23 AM
link   
I have seen four of them over the skies of Las Vegas.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   
My son and I saw a similar creature in Arizona. They exist(or one did 2 .years ago ) I will start the thread when Im good and ready to be ridiculed but not now. I have drawings of what we saw years ago .It was real and they do exist.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Does this stir up any memories for anyone?

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Briles1207

Yes and No.What we saw doesnt fit into any preconceived category. I would have started a thread about it but for the """ Jump on the band wagon picker onners" that are notorious on this site. Instead of supporting an unlikely event, they try to stomp you into the ground before you even take flight. In other words , I just havent felt like arguing with the teenager mentality to tell you about our experience. It was incredible and Ill relate it to you another day. Thanks

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 02:36 AM
link   
I have seen this picture, and I believe it might be in a more easily tracked place than an old argosy magazine. I am 99% sure it was in a Guiness book of world records that I had when I was apx 10 yrs old, and I was born in 65. It was accompanying an article on the California Condor being the worlds largest bird, with the caveat that the one in the picture, if real may have been larger. I may be wrong about the location I saw it, but my brain has a helluva memory for things I read and where, and I am fairly sure on that one.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 02:56 AM
link   
The one I remember is very similar to the one anthropomorphic posted two pages earlier

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 03:23 AM
link   

I thought this guy from cryptomundo found it?

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Briles1207

I thought this guy from cryptomundo found it?

No. Coleman is mistaken. It was not that photo. It was taken longer ago than the time indicated by the clothes of the shooters.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 04:13 AM
link   
I think even if it is found, that people will deny it is the original. It kind of defeats the whole point of looking for it..

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Briles1207
I think even if it is found, that people will deny it is the original. It kind of defeats the whole point of looking for it..

The whole point of looking for it is NOT to find it?

Your statement does not make sense. You surely don't mean that those who look for the photo know for certain that no old book or magazine exists that they originally saw it in? This is patently NOT the case. The only reason why some people will still deny it even if they see it is that their memory may be too weak to make them certain.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 05:35 AM
link   
My point did make sense, you just failed to understand it.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
When I saw whatever it was I saw ,I began searching for reportings of its existence. The Tombstone Epitaph had a picture of one nailed to a cabin wall. Then I seem to recall something being said about it being removed. It was from the 1800s. Ill look further but the closest thing so far to what we saw was this last photo link. But the wings are wrong. This thing didnt fit into any preconceived idea of bird,pterodactyl, dragon, flying lizard but was a combination of all 3. It was a baby by the way. Ill try to start a thread about it tonight and work on my sadly lacking artistic skills.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Thunderbird story-link

This is an article posted on the Truewest Magazine website about Tombstone and Thunderbirds. Most of it's pretty common knowledge but i can't recall ever reading about the two cowboys this story is centered around cutting off a piece of the wing or leading a group out the next day to skin it.

Could the 'hide' and photograph, if they exist, now belong to the Smithsonian like so many "giant skeletons" that have been collected around this time were?

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Ok, so a lot of people and web sites are saying that the photo never existed, but remember Ivan T. Sanderson said he had a copy of it; he even remembers loaning it to two men who studied the topic. Several people also remember seeing it in the possession of Sanderson. I definitely think that this is enough information to conclude that Sanderson did have a photo of a pterodactyl, however how he got it is a mystery. His photo could just be mixed up with the epitaph, and may not even have anything to do with the epitaph; or it could be a hoax that Sanderson owned. But the facts all point to Sanderson owning a photo (wherever it came from).
I think that john keel is the person who said that Sanderson owned the photograph, but let's assume that he is right. Can't we go back to Sanderson. I mean isn't there anyone who can tell who Sanderson got his photo from or who he gave it to or where they went- -If these questions are answered, I guarantee that we will find the photo or come within arms reach of it.

It probably did exist and probably still does, but I doubt that it was ever published on a large scale. It is most likely (I think) in somebody's basement or tucked away in some old filing cabinet or wherever photos go when they are lost. Sadly I think that it is in some private collection of papers and stuff somewhere out there just waiting to be found.

-Russ

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Originally posted by Thorneblood

Could the 'hide' and photograph, if they exist, now belong to the Smithsonian like so many "giant skeletons" that have been collected around this time were?

Wow, the Smithsonian? I don't think anybody's thought about that yet. That is the best Idea anybody's had for a while. They have so much stuff that they do not even know what they have. I think it's worth checking out.

-Russ

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 03:02 AM
link   
The library of congress seems like another excellent place to check, as well as any Tombstone-related collections at Universities around Arizona (though i understand these have already been checked repeatedly.) Unfortunately i don't really believe this photo exists outside the Smithsonian or some private collection, if it exists at all.

A lot of interesting stories in old newspapers come out of Arizona, such as the stories of lost egyptian cities in the Grand Canyon.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I did a brief look into the Smithsonian and Library of Congress online archives, but found nothing. However I think that It's very possible that it is not online.
I also like the Idea of revisiting collections and archives around Arizona, but I think what we can do online is limited.

BTW: I hope nobody gets upset with me for doing this, but I'm going to bring up those blasted civil war pictures again. I found an interesting web site that talks about them in detail and I think it's worth reading (I know that those pictures have nothing to do with the one we are looking for, but if the writer is correct on what he says, then that's good evidence to prove the recent existence of living pterodactyls)

Here's the address: powerpointparadise.com...

-Russ

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by ravenshadow13

Lost Thunderbird Snapshot, Ivan Sanderson and Forteana

Many have claimed to have seen or held this photo. The late Ivan T. Sanderson reportedly had a copy in 1966. He said he gave it to a couple of Pennsylvanians who were searching for the Thunderbird, then lost the snapshot..

Ravenshadow, great thread and sorry I haven't read all the posts but it looks like a large quantity of Ivan T. Sanderson's missing Crypto/UFO research has now been found - maybe the photograph is in this lot.

Missing Sanderson Archives Found.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/358f367692cc.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b378cfb87751.jpg[/atsimg]

The archives arrived in Kalamazoo on Friday. Two very hard-working days of shelving and stacking later, punctuated by anomalies "parties" punctuated by sub-sandwiches and pizzas and large quantities of extravagant commentary, our eight person crew we at least got it all off the truck and inside. It's going to take a LOT of archival work, my friends, but it will be worth it---the unloading days themselves were some of the most fun I've had in a very long time.

I want to give you some extremely "early" assessment information. This stuff is EXTENSIVE. It nearly filled a 26-foot U-Haul truck. Secondly, it has survived the rigors of time and mice very well.

Cheers.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Wow so exiting. So this stuff belonged to Sanderson?
Do you have access to it?

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join