It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Hunts For The Missing Thunderbird Picture

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
the book is called creatures from elsewhere by peter Peter Brookesmith, it was published i think around 1988. i no longer own a copy but it is available from amazon. i just want to know wether i am a victim of mass hysteria

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by theush
the book is called creatures from elsewhere by peter Peter Brookesmith, it was published i think around 1988. i no longer own a copy but it is available from amazon. i just want to know wether i am a victim of mass hysteria

I've this book but there is no photo of pterosaur inside.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by theush

Thanks.Is there a section on thunderbirds though???

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Yes there is the complete Tbirds section with a lot of witness stories. Some drawing and photos of normal birds (eagle and condor) also.

Immediately after there is Pterosaur section, with the same content, witness story and a lot of drawings. But no photos.

CX

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by ravenshadow13

So far, this is what we have from the other thread:

Originally posted by Gemwolf
reply to post by ravenshadow13

The theory that "some force" could have removed all evidence of any of these cryptids from the Internet may be believable. I'm sure somewhere on the planet there is someone gifted enough to remove something in its entirety from the Internet. If you're plugged in, then it can be removed.

BUT the problem with that approach is that many of these "eye-witnesses" claim to have seen the "lost evidence" in books...

Cryptomundo - comments

Kim
I know the photo was in a book called “Mysteries of the Unexplained”. It was on page 45. I was given this book as a gift in the 1980’s when I was in Highschool. I studied this book, showed it to every one I knew and talked about it all the time! When I met my husband, and started telling him about Fortean Phenom. I showed this book, and the photo of the Thunderbird nailed to an out building/small barn wall.

Not sure about this comment....i have just come back to this thread, then went straight to my bedroom where i have this book.

"Mysteries of the Unexplained". the project editor is Carroll C Calkin. 1982 copy.

There is no mention of this large bird anywhere in the book, and definately nothing on page 45. I have it sat in front of me now and i cannot see anything.

I'll have a better look later, but as yet i can't see it.

CX.

[edit on 27/7/10 by CX]

CX

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Not sure what i've done but i've replied in the above post but cannot see it unless i expand the quoted text in that post.

CX.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I grew up on a small ranch in California, with my grandparents (paternal) living next door. In spite of being a Mormon Grandma loved mysteries, and to a certain degree, the occult, and she had a few cool books that I loved to read. One of them was a "Ripleys believe it or not" and the other, I believe was called: "Unexplained Mysteries".) I read through these books repeatedly for years as a child and young teenager, up until about 1974.
In one of those books was the Thunderbird photo and I did not realize it was missing until a few years ago when I decided to go online and look for it. (Grandma's books were long gone by then.)
The picture was of a giant dark bird, with feathers, nailed to a barn with men standing below. I do not remember them as soldiers, just farm men.
Please understand, I read these books many times and over a period of years. I also remember seeing a picture of an ancient battery - a picture that I have since seen elsewhere, but never the Thunderbird.
Have all these books disappeared, or has the timeline been changed?
-Duketta
edit on 13-1-2011 by dukette because: added my name

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by dukette
Please understand, I read these books many times and over a period of years. I also remember seeing a picture of an ancient battery - a picture that I have since seen elsewhere, but never the Thunderbird.
Have all these books disappeared, or has the timeline been changed?
-Duketta
edit on 13-1-2011 by dukette because: added my name

the ancient battery is also known as The Baghdad Battery and is from Ur in Ancient Sumer, you'll find some stuff about Sumer, Ur and the batteries in the ancient civilisations section here on ATS

Its found in a lot of books and there is a lot of info and pictures on the internet

edit on 14-1-2011 by Versa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Hey
Has that Maj.(ret.) Ed. Dames, The guy thats been on C2C radio a bunch of times, that can "see things, remote viewing", ever looked for the picture? Or for that matter any of them mind folks you can think of..

Just thinking. I remember that photo myself, way back when.

I, just like most, just can't remember when, where,or what I saw it in. Big bird, on barn, old timers in front.

Oh, well...

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Hi,
I just happened across this discussion and I wanted to contribute a little information. When I was a little girl I used to see a commercial on television for a series of books and this photograph was in it, a black and white or possibly sepia tone photograph of a very large bird nailed to the side of a building, possibly a barn, with a number of men in cowboy or western apparel posed around it. I was just a child and always wanted my mother to buy these books for me, but she refused as I was too young for them. I am not saying they were published by Time Life but it was one of those type arrangements where they send a book every so often until you have the entire set. I was born in 1975 and I started reading adult level books early so if I had been old enough to read them there was no reason for my mother to refuse, I must have been somewhere between 4 and 8 years old when I saw this commercial. The series of books were on supernatural topics and the bird was one of many photos they showed in the advert. I do know neither of our local libraries ever got these books or I would have read them. I also know Time Life later did a supernatural series with black covers and silver titles and also a series called Library of Curious and Unusual Facts, these were all published later, in the late 80s through the mid 90s if I recall correctly and I have read them all and I know the thunderbird photograph is not in them. I don't remember the title of the series or any keywords that would help, I do recall they did not have dust jackets but did have pictorial covers, and the spines may have been brown or red but I am not 100% certain of that, and I don't know how many volumes were in the series, I just remember being fascinated by that photograph amongst the others and the subject in general and pestering my mother for the books every single time I saw the commercial come on tv until she came to dread it. My mother is deceased so I cannot ask her about it. That's all I know, I hope I have been of some help.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by bkpbooks

Thanks for that!

Any who. The picture of the thunderbird was dated by the main investagators who brought this whole mess up (Ivan T. Sanderson & Bernard Hellofaman,and John Keel) way back in the mid 60's.

They (especially Sanderson) said it was seen in aMen's magazine like "True", "Argosy", "Saga", (maybe the article in the magazine was from an old book or newspaper?)

Anyway, Sanderson I believe said he once held it in his hands (the article or whatever the pic was in) and loaned it to
two dudes...and they either lost it or split the sceen and weren't heard from again.

Maybe they were time traverlers and had to fix somthing and this picture was part of the mission ,but I doubt it .
Or a Government mind experiment on these investagators to see if a "mind plant" could be done. (this is what I think)

I don't believe this mystery will ever be solved.

Its been looked at over and over again since the mid 60's and just keeps planting this "mind picture" in all who look for it.

edit on 17-1-2011 by RUFFREADY because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I don't have any memory of a thunderbird photograph like some do, but I find this interesting and maybe a tad worrisome. Has anyone considered looking through a list of banned books to see if it might be in there? That would explain why no one seems to be able to find it and some books get banned for ridiculous reasons. Of course any copies residing in public libraries or schools would have been destroyed, more than likely if it does exist it's in the basement of someones grandmas house somewhere in a pile.

All this just strikes me as odd, it may well have just been lost in history never to be read again... sad.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

That banned book whould have had to be banned in "at least the early 60's" and someone would have still owned a copy.

As Mentioned above , Ivan T. Sanderson and John Keel looked for this (and the late editor of "strange magazine"), picture for years.

Its just got to be some kind of "mind experiment" some agency did. IMHO

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   

i'll bet thats the issue with the pic

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
i think this is it!!!! found it in another post today............

texascryptidhunter.blogspot.com...

scroll half way down ......

hope it helps
edit on 25-2-2011 by hellcurb because: edit to fix link

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   
maybe its not, sorry guys!!
back to the drawing board........

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Amazon might have some like titles that were published many years ago. Just a thought. I bought one, gave
it away later. It was heavy, historical and complicated HA I gave it to a young relative as they may be interested in reading it pretty soon. Bought another one which I kept which covered strange events. Price was very
reasonable else I could not have bought them. I don't recall any big bird photos however.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I remember this sighting when I was younger because I lived not far from where this happened.

Thunderbird sighting 1977
Lawndale, IL 61751

“On the eve. Of July 25 several witnesses report two giant birds are circling in the sky. One of the birds swooped down and attempted to carry off ten year old Marlon Lowe who was playing in the back yard. His Mother rushed out to help as did four other adults who described the bird as having at least ten foot wingspan, Black with bands of white around their necks”.

I wasn’t a witness but I remember it being in the local paper.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by hellcurb

That's the photo alright just a very very poor copy

Really nice thread I read the entire thing

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   
I'm a very casual troll of this forum but I had to weigh in on this topic.

I'm an outside observer, I'm the skeptic believer; most of the content on this site makes me LOL, ROFLCOPTER, etc. However, I have seen this picture everyone is talking about. I remember looking at it in a book back in 7th grade, which was YEARS ago. I don't remember exact details but it was very similar to the next to last sketch from the original post. There were 5 (from what I remember) men dressed in late 1800's attire standing arms extended in front of a large dark feathered bird mounted on a barn wall. But there wasn't much info on it.

Just wanted to give my $.02 and hope I'm not crazy and part of some mass hallucination. I'm confident in crazy underwater creatures and possibly a Yeti, but the large birds I have trouble believing.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join