It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine flu cases in UK fall

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
It was only a few weeks ago that we were being warned of 100,000 cases of swine flue a week by the end of summer. Now it seems the cases are falling. the school holidays are an obvious factor.

www.google.com...

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Yes, i heard this on the news & read it online.... could be to do with the holidays........ i guess we'll find out when schools start again and winter arrives......

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Maybe some people have developed resistance. That would be good news, and is not altogether strange.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I dont know if anyone saw the drama on the 1918 flu on BBC 4 last night. It started off very mildly in the spring, by the winter it had returned much more agressively. Was quite interesting to see the parallel with todays swine flu.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
The obvious factor is that the PM & Labour MP's have now gone on holiday, hence the reason why it's gone quiet. I'm sure cases of swine flu will pick up again once they get back.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
From the Guardian published via the website..

Parents like school swine flu shots
guardian.co.uk

Most parents like the idea of vaccinating children against swine flu at school, but they're not so eager to roll up their own sleeves.

Parents do seem to be listening to warnings that this novel flu strain strikes the young more often than the old, an Associated Press-GfK poll suggests. Nearly two-thirds said they were likely to give permission for their children to be inoculated at school — if the government's evolving plan to try that pans out — and 40 percent said very likely.

However, even as the government races to get enough swine flu vaccine for Americans in time for fall's expected rebound of the virus, only a third of people say they're very likely to get vaccinated themselves once shots arrive.

If you have kids at school in the UK you may not be able to do anything about a mandatory innoculation for your child if you are against it, and is enshrined in the contract signed and agreed with the school prior to their admission...this little bit of legislation allows the education authorities to override parental wishes owing to what's legally termed In Loco Parentis

Basically, what this means is that the school or any other educational establishment that your siblings attend has the legal right under the educational contract, to enforce vaccination if they wish, as the school is acting in its role (as per contract) as legal guardian within the hours of attendance

If you dont believe me, keep your child away from school for a few weeks without express permission and you will recieve a legal affidavid stating that you are in breach of the contract and will be fined £400 and/or face imprisonment for effectively 'breach of contract'

[edit on 6-8-2009 by Taikonaut]

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
either that or people dont think they have it and not going to the doctor.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by chickenbroncitis
either that or people dont think they have it and not going to the doctor.

Or could be that grass-pollen hayfever-season has passed along with the attendant symptoms of runny nose, itchy/sore eyes and cough that I suspect so many had phoned up NHS-Direct stating as suffering with?

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I was goona say that. Good old NHS 24. They couldnt diagnose a decapitation.

new topics

top topics

join