It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What on earth was this?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Okay about a month or two ago I went into my shed out back to check on my mo-ped, and heres the weird part... I close the door to the shed and put the lock on the door, with my hands still on the lock I turn away and as I'm about to walk away!.... I saw a huge flash of light coming from the door. (its pretty dark out) I look back real quick and as im holding onto the lock still i see this all blue flame rising from where the lock clicks in, i freaked! i thought it was going to blow up or something lol. Really i shouldve experimented with it, but i freaked and let go and at that very second the light goes out. I talked to someone at a metaphysics store and they said it could have been something from the astral planes i saw with my third eye.... but what confuses me is that it physically (or so i think) lit the area up.

Weeks before this I've also looked in the direction of a light source and on two occasions they flickered on and off out of no where. not like a blackout or brownout would either. all the other lights and electricty were all on and didnt flicker aswell just the lights.

What are you conclusions?

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by 4stral4pprentice

I talked to someone at a metaphysics store and they said it could have been something from the astral planes i saw with my third eye

Ya, or static electricity, LOL!

Not trying to belittle the experience, but why jump to the astral plane when there are a number of things that could have caused this? The fact that it quit when you let go, tells me that you were completing the circuit to ground. What were you wearing? Nylon, spandex, and many other synthetic fibers can make a really good static charge.

If your padlock is haunted it is an odd sort of ghost!

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
cmon,static electricity cant to that light,the guy is not a plasma night light or something.
maybe you saw another dimension

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

I talked to someone at a metaphysics store and they said it could have been something from the astral planes i saw with my third eye

Ya, or static electricity, LOL!

Not trying to belittle the experience, but why jump to the astral plane when there are a number of things that could have caused this? The fact that it quit when you let go, tells me that you were completing the circuit to ground. What were you wearing? Nylon, spandex, and many other synthetic fibers can make a really good static charge.

If your padlock is haunted it is an odd sort of ghost!
only wore cotton, i dont even own nylon or spandex cloth. and even so can you explain the lights that flickered when i happened to look in that direction? coincidence? maybe but twice in such a short time is unlikely especially since ive always been into metaphysics i.e telekinesis, astral projection, developing my third eye, and practice them, not just into them.

static electricity? it was a blue flame very very similiar to that you would see from a butane lighter. was complete blue and so was the light illuminated from it.

[edit on 6-8-2009 by 4stral4pprentice]

[edit on 6-8-2009 by 4stral4pprentice]

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
From a non-metaphysical standpoint, I could probably say that since you are into all the paranormal stuff. It would seem that you were subjected to chemicals released from the pineal gland. They literal Third Eye. I would say it was a chemically induced hallucination.

From a metaphysical standpoint, it very well could have been a glimpse at an energy that is normally invisible to the human eye.

Or it could simply be that there is an exposed power line somewhere in that area that is causing the flickering lights. Seems unlikely though, someone would have noticed it before too long.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr. Toodles
From a non-metaphysical standpoint, I could probably say that since you are into all the paranormal stuff. It would seem that you were subjected to chemicals released from the pineal gland. They literal Third Eye. I would say it was a chemically induced hallucination.

From a metaphysical standpoint, it very well could have been a glimpse at an energy that is normally invisible to the human eye.

Or it could simply be that there is an exposed power line somewhere in that area that is causing the flickering lights. Seems unlikely though, someone would have noticed it before too long.
no these flickering lights were in a household both times. and happened to turn on and off when i looked in its direction, as i recal i wasnt thinking of anything just being, at those times.

never heard of chems being made through the pineal which induce hallcuinations? is this true? can anyone else validate this.

on a side note i dont care if it was all in my head or not, i just want answers =)

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
LOL i should just ask with some dowsing rods or my pendulum xD

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   

The pineal gland is responsible for most paranormal activity in the human mind. Makes sense that it would be a chemical reaction would it not?

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr. Toodles

The pineal gland is responsible for most paranormal activity in the human mind. Makes sense that it would be a chemical reaction would it not?

Yes, i dont doubt it, but what im asking is do you have any background behind this answer? books? share the knowledge.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I read about this before, there's a chemical reaction in the pineal gland that is responsible for hallucinations. Dont know if I allowed to name what its called?

[edit on 6-8-2009 by Broonie]

new topics

top topics

join