It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Knowing a text message is incoming, before the phone receives it

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
So I have these weird experiences with my phone.

Quite often lately I'll know there is a text message coming to me only a couple of seconds before my phone beeps and actually receives it. I'll look at my cellphone for no reason, and know there is an incoming text, and sure enough one arrives. Recently I have also known who was sending the text. It feels like a psychic feeling of knowing. It happens with my parents' phone too, when I'm near it. Sometimes I can hear the chime sound of the phone in my head just before it comes through, a bit quieter than it is in "real life".

I thought it was just coincidence until I read online in an OBE discussion about someone who had the same experiences, so I'm thinking there could be something more to this? Maybe my meditation and OBE efforts are increasing my psychic awareness? I thought it could be that the phone signal is somehow interacting with my energy fields or whatever it is, and the data from the text message is sort of bypassing me just before it reaches my phone.

It's pretty cool when it happens. Anyone else get this or know anyone that does?

[edit on 6/8/09 by dmorgan]

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I share a similar experiences. Though I think it is due to Ultra high frequencies given off while your phone is about to receive the messages. Most of the time I'll just randomly check my phone and when I set it down i will receive a message. I think that some people like us are more sensitive to the UHF that the phone and the messages give off before the phone can actually chime.

Though im not sure on the accuracies of the phone actually giving off somewhat of a signal before it chimes. I've also noticed that if you have your phone by a set of computer speakers. A few seconds before you get a message you'll hear a beeping from the speakers, that I suspect are those UHF signals transferred to the speakers.

Ahroun Deltori

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I can always tell when I'm about to get a text or call on my cell especially when I'm at work. About 2 seconds before I get the text my computer speakers emit a static buzz. So that to me proves that the signal coming into the phone increases and some people can probably sense it. Just like I can always tell when I walk into a building whether or not a computer or television is powered on without sound.
Its deafening to me when certain cell phone chargers are plugged into an outlet, they emit the most horrid high pitched tone - It makes me think of a dog whistle.

I don't think it's psychic ability, just sensitivity to the high frequency signals coming through.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I can kinda relate.
I used to keep my phone in my shirt pocket on the chest.
These days i hardly ever carry it leaving it sitting on a bench/table ect.
But when its about to receive a call or text i can feel a tingle on my chest just before i hear the phone.
I noticed i need to be within a few meters of the phone to feel the tingle though.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
All the more proof that we here in this thread are just more sensitive to the UHF the phone gives off.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Just gonna say that I do this quite lot to, and so does my girlfriend. I knew a kid when I was at the MCRD in California that picked up his phone every time he was about to get a text then casually open it and then his phone would start vibrating and he would text away without really realizing what he was doing. It is definitely not an isolated experience I see it happen more and more.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by dmorgan

Yes!!! This happens to me ALL the time! I had even thought about posting about it but hadn't yet. Glad you did!

I don't actually hear the message alert before it happens or anything, but usually what happens is that I will pick up my phone to look at the time or whatever and either as soon as I pick the phone up or immediately after I put it back down, I'll get a text. It never happens when I think I might be getting one... only when I'm not expecting it at all and not giving it any thought. I suppose there could be something in our brains that picks up on the signal being sent to the phone or something, but I don't know... strange though!

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I noticed this as well. I could tell when a text message was coming through. I would pick up my phone to look at it and a text would come through while I had it in my hands or just after i sat it back down.

I don't do it anymore since I got my blackberry though, it only seemed to be flip phones and I can't recall if I knew a call was coming in or if I just picked it up for whatever reason just before text would come in.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Yeah I get this all the time. Ill be visiting with a few friends, and ill be like someone is gonna get a text or a phone call in a few seconds. They all look at me like I'm crazy, that is until someones phone actually goes off. I usually just hear a weird sound in some speakers that may be around. Could be TV, computer, or headset...

PEACE!!!

[edit on 07/16/2009 by Lichter daraus]

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by SemperParatusRJCC

Good point. Sometimes when cellphones are near computers they makes a beeping sound shortly before the text message hits the phone.

It must be that we can somehow pick up the incoming UHF signal which is a pretty cool thing in itself, even if there are no psychic abilities involved

Cheers for the insight!

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
No worries man. I just did my part to help people on their own path for the truth. No problem at all. We're here to help each other anyway right.
Cheers
Ahroun De'leon Deltori

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Yhea I get this all the time - I know I am sensitive to higher frequencies that are just past my hearing range... Trust me on that - it drives me nuts, getting sleep can be hell!

I used to have a lot of messages come in all the time 24 hours a day - I used to work in an extended team and we kinda made up our own hours to fit the work, others would not necessarily know that I was sleeping at a strange time and I always had my phone on - just had to be like that.

Now I defiantly had this - didn't really talk about it much unless it was brought up, but I would just wake up 2 seconds before the phone went off (sometimes more, but then I could say that I really was expecting that message).

Now the odd thing it that I always had the same message alert - we usually all had the same company phones, so naturally sticking to one alert was sensible so that everybody knew who's phone it was going off...

Now I have had many phones since, and I don't get very many messages now, I don't like stuped messages or jokes - I only want important things sent to me, people know that... But when I'm asleep I still hear the same tome I had years ago and suddenly wake up seconds before my phone goes off... The same tone from years ago but now I have a phone of a different make! - my mind just must of made a real link between the phone perking up as the message is coming through and that tone.

Must be the same as that other poster who's chest tingled

I don't really consider it to be ESP though - just those phones do kick out some energy when connecting to the network.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Yes I can agree with this phenomenon. I related it to another phenomenon which has happened to me repeatedly for many years now. Often i'll think of someone who I haven't talked to or seen in a long time, out of the blue, with no real reason too or reason to be in contact with them. Ussually within an hour, and 95% of the time within 24 hours ill come in contact with that person via phone, e-mail, in person, etc all by "coincidence".

It seems that it is never when I intentionally think of someone, or have a serious need to talk to that person that this happens. It is only when the thought of them appears out of no where from lala land. Once the idea pops into my head, ill think about the subject for a moment then forget it. Then voila, the person appears. It's kind of freaky at times.

But the phone thing happens to me practically every single day. If I had a nickel for everytime I picked up my phone, and opened it within 3 seconds of receiving the actual call or message, I would have approximately $85.60.

*Interesting note*
I recently had an oppurtinity to mess around with a RF detector, and me and a mate were messing around with our cell phones. With the RF detector beside the phone about to receive a call, the calling phone out of the area to avoid interruption, we found that from the moment the RF detector lit up, to the actual time in which the phone started ringing was practically ALWAYS less than a second. Most often, it was instantaneous.

Now why I find this interesting, is that as it was brought up in this thread already, people assume that it is the RF that is alerting us subconsciously to the incoming message, and thus we check out phone. But I do not believe this to be the case for 100% of the times this phenomenon occurs. The time in which it takes is just too short, by the time u reach over for your phone it would be ringing already. But, there are obviously cases where the phone will receive the RF and remain silent for upto a couple seconds in some cases.

Perhaps this could be the times in which we "sense" the in coming message.

But to add to the complexity, as another poster mentioned as well, I often know WHO it is that is messaging me when I feel the need to open my phone. The persons image just appears in my thoughts, I immediately grab my phone, and there they are.

So, is everyone just psychic, or are we just becoming attuned to the RF signals?

[edit on 6-8-2009 by king9072]

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
This happens to me all the time, too. And I don't have any sound on any of my electronics most of the time.

Super weird. I can also tell when people are about to call me, sometimes. Must be high frequencies or something.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

I know this is kind of off topic, but I feel it is related.

Have any of you experienced the phenomenon in which for instance you have to be up at a certain time the next day. Let's say 7:30, so you go to sleep at whatever time. Then literally, one minute before, instantly shoot out of bed to be there when your alarm actually went off?

I don't have early morning as often as I used to, so this has happened to me less as of late cause usually I am allowed to wake up naturally. But all through college etc I could do this at least once or twice a week, sometimes even more. Granted, sometimes I was up perhaps within 5 minutes of the alarm. But doesn't anyone else find that a bit more than a coincidence?

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by king9072

While I have had that on occasion I really have to put it down to coincidence, or something mundane... As I've mentioned in a prev post my sleeping patterns can get quite erratic and TBH I love being lazy sometimes... I mean seriously love lazy

So I have slept through many more alarms than I should of woken up for - and I have also woken up when I really should be fast asleep.

I do know what you mean, but there is no way I could honestly attest to it

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Yeah this happens to me alot and it irritates me some times. been happening as long as i have had a cell phone, about 6 years now. and i feel it vibrate against my leg in my pocket, pull it out and there is nothing there, so i put it back in my pocket and as soon as my hand is out, it actually vibrates. It can get annoying sometimes but its quite funny

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by king9072

Yes!!!

When I need to be up at a certain time I'll set my alarm for some early hour of the morning and most of the time I wake up a couple of minutes before it was set to go off.

Thanks for bringing that one up

[edit on 6/8/09 by dmorgan]

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I have noticed that every teenager has this ability. But then again they regularly receive a text every 2 or 3 minutes.

But seriously, almost every electronic device with speakers will buzz just seconds before a call or a text comes in. Radios, CB's, TV's computers ect. There is a cubby hole under the stereo in my truck which is where my phone goes when I am driving. It's easier to get it out of there than my pocket. The stereo will buzz before it rings.

My VHF scanner is the worst. It will buzz when a phone is about to ring even if the phone is across the street. Very irritating living in an apartment.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Who says the age of miracles is past?

Originally posted by Now_Then
Yhea I get this all the time - I know I am sensitive to higher frequencies that are just past my hearing range... Trust me on that - it drives me nuts, getting sleep can be hell!

These would be high-frequency sound waves, 15kHz plus.

Mobile phones operate using ultra-high-frequency radio waves, 800MHz plus.

They are two completely different kinds of energy, and propagated at different frequencies too. You would need very different sensors for each kind. Ears (a dog's would do nicely) for the sound waves, and something like a radio antenna for the radio waves (which are the same kind of energy as light, incidentally).

Since this is the case, your uncanny sensitivity to high-pitched sounds and the equally eldritch talent you share with the OP cannot possibly be related. You are clearly a very special, multiply gifted, human prodigy.

I wonder how you know of your sensitivity to inaudibly high-pitched sounds. What led you to conclude that you have this sensitivity? Have you discussed the matter with your physician?

Never mind; it's a side issue. It is your talent for predicting when the phone will ring, which the OP also claims to have, that is truly prodigious, indeed miraculous.

A person who could sense radio waves (such as mobile phone signals) would have to spend their whole life immersed in a sea of endless, chaotic radio noise - a truly hellish experience, like living in a boiler factory. Of course, if you could tune your radio sense to perceive only a certain band of frequencies (another miraculous feat because we cannot do this with any of our real senses), it would help reduce the noise a lot.

But even if your personal radio receiver was tuned to pick up only mobile phone transmissions, you'd still be hearing dozens of transmissions at the same time. You would never sleep.

I would just wake up 2 seconds before the phone went off (sometimes more, but then I could say that I really was expecting that message).

If that's so, then your brain must have tuned itself to the control channel used by your mobile service provider. That's the only possible explanation. But how does it distinguish communications to your phone from signals sent to all the other phones in the cell? Does your brain unconsciously record your SID as well? How cell phones work.

But when I'm asleep I still... wake up seconds before my phone goes off... The same tone from years ago...

Have you changed locations and service providers since then? If you have, then your brain is even more prodigious than we thought, because it has learned to tune to the different service channel frequencies used by different providers over the years, and distinguish the different SIDS!

I don't really consider it to be ESP though - just those phones do kick out some energy when connecting to the network.

Oh, it's ESP, all right - humans don't have a radio sense, so the ability to sense radio waves is extrasensory by definition.

Indeed, you and the OP are true marvels - it would be unkind but not at all inaccurate to call you freaks of nature. You're already doing so much of what a mobile phone does that with a little practice, you may be able to dispense with the instrument altogether.

All you need to do, really, is learn how to transmit.

And configure a suitable bodily orifice to accommodate the SIM card.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join