It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if you had the secret to existence?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

Similar to the theory that there is no smallest particle in existence. They get smaller and smaller into infinite

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by kyred

in response to:

when this race is over, (end) wouldn't there be a new race?
What good is a strenuous run if there isn't another after it?

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr. Toodles
reply to post by silent thunder

Similar to the theory that there is no smallest particle in existence. They get smaller and smaller into infinite

Possibly...but I don't think the analogy is an exact fit because MEANING is an abstract concept while PHYSICAL PARTICLES are different...this might sound like splitting hairs but when you get down to fundamentals, these two "categories" start to assume different forms. I could go on but its hard to explain because I lack the philosophical vocabulary for this...

Another thing...IF quantum mechanics is correct (and it may not be), when you get down to the most fundamental particles (quarks), you are reaching a level where SPACE AND TIME ITSELF starts to take on weird and illogical aspects...even above the quark level, quantum mechanics implies some pretty bizzare space-time gymnastics...two particles can apparently "communicate" simultaneously (e.g., faster than the speed of light) instantly at great distances, while space and time themselves collapse. In quantum mechanics, a particle like an electron cannot really be said to "exist" in one single location, but rather exhibits a waveform "probability of existing" that is stronger at certain locations than at others...at the most fundamental level, perhaps the phenomena of PHYSICAL SPACE and TIME themselves break down...

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Another good post.

To your original posting. If I was presented with the answer for my existence, then I would not take it. What for? It is fun to figure things out for yourself. How boring would it be to live life with everthing figured out. Life would be just one long routine.

You said that you were also looking for personal insights:

I believe that we were not put on this place, but made the conscious decision as spirits to manifest ourselves as human to fulfill some sort of predetermined purpose. Some how the knowledge of that purpose becomes lost and it is our duty as spirits to reassert ourselves to find and complete our purpose. As long as we are on this track... our soul is considered happy.

The problem comes from the various distractions that can lead people away from their goals. Some of these distractions are good and enhance our human experience such as love or the feeling of being spiritually connected throughout the universe once again. Other distractions can only cloud our judgement like money and prestige.

It is kind of a take of hindu philosophy. Asian religions are the only true forms of religion. Abrahimic religions are just moral guidlines... its good if you don't mind being a "sheep of god". I prefer being a spirtual entity.

[edit on 10-8-2009 by CosmicYahtzee]

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicYahtzee

I know many who share the belief that we were sent here per our own choice on some higher realm or existence. I, personally am unsure of what to think of that. Considering most of my beliefs are heavily quantum theory based. But, even quantum mechanics gives it a possibility of being true. Since anything and everything is theoretically possible, no matter how miniscule the chance is.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I have the secret. Looked and looked for years. Then when I found it, there was no longer an 'I' finding an 'it'. There just was .........

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   

If you had to chance to know the true reason. 100% proof to the reason for existence, would you really want to know? Or would you choose to stay in the dark and play the guessing game? Seems to me that knowing the reason and secret to existence would defeat that very purpose, whatever it may be.

Me, personally? I cannot answer the question myself. But I would like to know what others' opinions on it would be.

I bite.

The true reason for existence is to know God and to learn from it. It creates a happy life.

Knowing how to handle life, how to be in love, that is the reason for existence, of humans.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by azureskys
There is a theory which states;
that if ever anybody discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.
There is another theory which states; that this has already happened. Appearance of the Universe.

Douglas Adams (The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy) may he rest in piece. Maybe the answer is in there

reply to post by Mr. Toodles

Yes I want to know. It's better than lying to yourself and accepting one of the 3.896 (+/- 1.000) different stories that float around. I just left a lie thank you - I don't need another made up story to sedate me. And I don't care how bad the truth is - I expect the worst anyway. Would I tell someone? That would depend on the truth and if it would make a useful change in the bigger game or not. If - then I would give it away free - wisdom has to be free. Ok I would ask the person before what the answer would be worth to him/her and why they want to know. Just out of curiosity

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
If he told me to keep it a secret then secret it is TMI could be damaging to adolecent spirits who havent experiened death (payed for their sins in flesh) yet

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

If who told you to keep it secret? God? The previous poster?

Line 2

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
i believe we are here to experience, learn and love. we can only experience that which we are when we are that which we are not ... spirit - flesh.

i also believe that we already "know" everything .. we just forget when we incarnate again!!!

love and light
ps

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by pantherstar

So is that what you believe the secret to existence would be? That there is no secret, and we are here to just experience. Should we give up the quest to learn the workings of this universe and just indulge ourselves in selfish desires?

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   

i believe that we will understand "the secret" again once we pass back to spirit. our soul... the silent witness .. higher self .. the face you were before you were born knows all there is to know. we forget when we incarnate so we learn and experience all over again and this keeps us connected to wonder, inspiration and spirit. when we are learning, creating and inspired we are connected to source and spirit.
just my opinion!

love and light
ps

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   

If you had to chance to know the true reason. 100% proof to the reason for existence...

Waffles.

Lightly toasted, homemade waffles covered in warm maple syrup.

I mean really, what other reason is there?

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   

The journey is always more important than the destination in my opinion. It is where you learn, grow and strive.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   

reply to post by pantherstar

So is that what you believe the secret to existence would be? That there is no secret, and we are here to just experience. Should we give up the quest to learn the workings of this universe and just indulge ourselves in selfish desires?

We are not just here to 'just experience'.. but everything that comes with it. experience encompasses everything!!!!
And no i dont think we should give up learning about the universe... that keeps us inspired .. in spirit. And i dont think we should indulge ourselves in selfish desires.. I did that in my past and it disconnected me from spirit. everything in moderation.

ps

<< 1  2   >>

join