It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if you had the secret to existence?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by newworld

Actually, life itself would become boring. If the reason and cause for existence becomes common knowledge, then we humans pretty much have no more mysteries to look forward to. Our curiosity would basically become nonexistent.

You would not be bored. When you no longer have anything to learn from a physical existence, you will progress to the next level of learning and experience where you will take your place administering the laws of nature and guiding those still trying to progress and understand their physical life, just as you once did.

Life is eternal, and is a progression to heights of power and glory undreamed of by most humans. The run of humans cannot grasp what lies before them. Even the most evil, depraved and wretched souls will oneday turn their face to the light and being to progress.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr. Toodles

George Carlin and I both have it. The secret to life, the point of it all is to not die for as long as possible.

There you have it...nothing more complicated than that

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   
When I found the secret to existence in 1993, I only told one soul and could barely speak it. It forever changed my life from that day forward to the extent that it was so dramatic and wonderful a change that it changed others around me. Since that time, I have only told a very select few. I have considered the idea of writing a book, and that text would unify the world.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Jim Scott

Well, my friend. If you write a book, I would hope you would not take royalties from it. Even if the money would be nice, taking money for revealing your knowledge seems kind of self defeating. I would ask you to enlighten me but it seems as though it was a very personal experience so I will not pursue it.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by SphinxMontreal
The secret is that there is no secret. Our existence, our lives, our deaths are all random events - just like throwing a pair of dice and not knowing what number will come up. Oh yeah, us humans like to pretend that there is some unknown exotic meaning to life when the fact of the matter is our lives are quite meaningless when you look at the big picture. Most humans are anal - they want to believe and take comfort that there is a rhyme or reason for everything...especially when there is none.

i respectfully disagree........

what you might deem random or chance (maybe even accidental) is simply based on misunderstanding. if you know yourself well enough, you will realize you made choices on every level, even if you were not aware those choices were present and yours (yours alone) to make. in fact, i chose to be here on this earth during this time and as a result here i am.

of course, this is all relative to the worldview of a individual. i can not and would not try to talk you out of your personal truth. that said, just because you do not believe in a theory or idea, does not make it less substantial for others.

just because some may not believe i'm a god and co-creator of the universe, does not mean i'm then limited by that persons personal truth.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Um, I was arguing against the idea that my argument meant seperate realities? Perhaps I got confused somewhere.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 01:33 AM
link   
There is a theory which states;
that if ever anybody discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here,
it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.
There is another theory which states; that this has already happened. Appearance of the Universe.

"Ye shall know the truth, and the truth will make you mad."
- Aldous Huxley -

[edit on 6-8-2009 by azureskys]

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by azureskys
There is a theory which states;
that if ever anybody discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here,
it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.
There is another theory which states; that this has already happened. Appearance of the Universe.

Interesting.. good comment.

Perhaps that is what is meant by "the left hand must not know what the right hand is doing."

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

Umm...I don't know lol. You have me confused now as well.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Sorry if your not used to it by now. I am very much used to it. I tend to think myself into knots most the damn time.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 05:13 AM
link   
If I knew it, then I would share. And share too the ways I used to know so that all people could have the opportunity to know for themselves that they are significant and have meaning.

Knowing the reason for existence would not undo anything, it would make nothing meaningless or boring. The opposite is more likely true for knowing the "reason" for existence could make us more focused on what we do, and do things very differently to how we do them now.

For me, the reason is as stated by tribewilder. For ease of understanding let us repeat the concept in a different way....

Imagine the Universe as an aware energy and it diversifies itself into everything in existence to experience its ability, creating opportunity to know itself through its actions/creations. Just as we do when learning about ourselves from birth to the thing we call death.

This to me is the reason for existence. This answer is the result of a lifetime experiencing our 3D world and other realms. It has not stopped me seeking to improve mysef, to learn and grow, to Experience what is offered here and in so doing know that as I experience so does the Universe I am a part of.

Knowing the reason for existence does not answer every other question as a result of the first knowing. Instead you will seek how things fit into the knowing you have, this may take every bit as long to achieve as not knowing and seeking it out.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
The "Truth of Existence" -my friend, can Only come from "Sublime Intervention"- It is revealed to those that "Earn It".

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I know the true reason: there is no true reason. Lets say the "common" goal we could all have is: survival. There is no predestined goals. Only subjective ones we choose during our life. Of course there are plenty people here and there without any goals, only seeking what they called "their mission", there is no such thing of course. But a lot cannot accept they are no more than animals. We are not god's favorite coz there is no god. People want to be more so hard they would become mad. But we are no more than dust.

[edit on 6-8-2009 by _damon]

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Disclaimer: I'm a theist but not of the Abrahamic faiths. I have minor biblical scholar and scriptural skills. Also I am not a scientific/legal or medical expert in any field. Beware of my Contagious Memes! & watch out that you don't get cut on my Occams razor.All of this is my personal conjecture and should not be considered the absolute or most definitive state of things as they really are. Use this information at your own risk! I accept no liability if your ideology comes crashing down around you with accompanying consequences!

Explanation: IMO the so called secret to existence [the WHY of it] is that nonexistence abhors any absence and KAPWOW! we got a big bang bootstrapping itself out of pure nothing!

Personal Disclosure: Having the secret only cures a single curiousity but it is nice to tick off all the boxes!

Edited to say I should of said "having the secret only DENIES a single IGNORANCE!".
:shk: me a

[edit on 6-8-2009 by OmegaLogos]

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
If someone should lead me into a room containing a small box with all the answers within it which concern the reasons for existence, and told me I had the choice to open it or not open it, I would:

Open the box so fast it would make my own head swim!

Now, I'm not saying this would be the right thing to do. But I know my own self, and characteristically my curiosity is pervasive in almost all matters. I'm not saying this is necessarily a good thing either, just that it is true of me.

[edit on 8/6/0909 by ladyinwaiting]

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I too claim to know the meaning of life, to live. I think that I'm one with all so really there is no movement needed.

[edit on 6-8-2009 by 4stral4pprentice]

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Now, some have claimed that knowing the reason behind it all would make existence boring and pointless. Some say it would drive us to fulfill the reason. I share ladyinwaiting's opinion. I could not resist knowing if I had the opportunity, now that I think of it more deeply.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by anonamousantichrist

I disagree... Dont tell it is based on "misunderstanding", you are making the same mistake as everyone here, you think your opinion is the truth. Thats false. And just because you believe in a theory do not make it real. Of course, when you blindly believe in something, so hard, you begin to see things others don't. But don't be mistaken, it doesn't mean, in any ways a so called "awakening", but only madness, personality disorder. So, you can believe you are a god or something, it won't happen, just coz you believe in that. However, something, i hope for ya, really interesting will happen to you: disillusion. It is entertaining as well as interesting to watch disillusioned people. When you see how pathetic they are, you learn to prevent falling into the same trap.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by _damon
reply to post by anonamousantichrist

I disagree... Dont tell it is based on "misunderstanding", you are making the same mistake as everyone here, you think your opinion is the truth. Thats false. And just because you believe in a theory do not make it real. Of course, when you blindly believe in something, so hard, you begin to see things others don't. But don't be mistaken, it doesn't mean, in any ways a so called "awakening", but only madness, personality disorder. So, you can believe you are a god or something, it won't happen, just coz you believe in that. However, something, i hope for ya, really interesting will happen to you: disillusion. It is entertaining as well as interesting to watch disillusioned people. When you see how pathetic they are, you learn to prevent falling into the same trap.
i dont believe my theory to be truth, i know nothing bro, i just think it makes the most sense to me based on my experience.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
If you knew the "meaning to existence," you'd only find yourself asking about about the meaning behind whatever that answer happened to be, and so on...infinite regress.

<< 1    3 >>

join