It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wanna Get Nuts, Then Let's Get Nuts! - Nationalize Food

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Pun intended on the NUTS!

If you find the following to be ridiculous how is it any more ridiculous than nationalizing health care?

Well where do I start? Lets see, we are going to nationalize health care because many see this as a God given right and the compassionate thing to do whether we can afford it or not. As part of nationalized health care, we will be giving over our right of choice to some government official who will decide what is in our best interests as compared to the interests of the nation.

So I say lets go another step further, and this all ties back to health care in a positive way. We all need to eat, right? I think we can all agree that "Free" Health Care wont do us any good if we are all starving to death because we cannot afford food because our money is all going to taxes. So I say lets nationalize food. Then some government official can decide what and how much we should eat based on our health records, which they will already have control of. Come to think of it our children are already half way their as the government feed nearly 50% of all the children in USA already.

Think of the benefits. You wont have to worry about food, no evil corporations will make a profit from it, and the government can control the costs of food just like they will control the cost of medical care. Beyond that they can implement whatever policies they think are beneficial to the country or the world. So say we need to control CO2 emissions into the atmosphere. The government can just decide to force us to eat less gassy foods. Or, say that they decide some foods are bad for your health, well then they can just eliminate them from your list of choices. No more soda, ho-ho's, Pringles, etc...

Lets say you are fat, well the government can help you diet by cutting back your food rations. Think of the benefits. A person will loose weight and become healthier and we wont be wasting food by some obese person shoving too much down their throats. Down the line, this will save the health care side money. The government will not have to pay for the persons bypass or for a social worker to come by each day and feed them and change the TV channel once they get too fat to get out of bed.

Lets say you are old, well they can just cut your food back to the very basics, just enough to keep you alive. I mean really what else would you need since you are not contributing much to society. Oh, you want a steak old man, well we think it will be better if you just have a can of Spam.

Bascially, the could put us all on a steady diet of fruits, veggies, water, and a little meat. This will help us control things like diabetes, obesity, heart disease, etc... That will really lower health care costs for the nation.

It looks like a win-win to me.

[edit on 8/5/2009 by grapesofraft]

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Please oh please tell me your totally kidding!

You are on such a slippery slope that you must have climbing gear.

You want the government to ration food to fat people?

You are either a comedian or have come up with the most horrible idea to take away the most basic of personal liberties.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by breakingdradles

Well they are taking away your right to choose what is best for your health so why not just give up all of our rights and get out of the way so they can help us to be healthy while also reducing costs.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I think we already did. Isn't it called Food Stamps?

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
this is very funny.
but behind the humour....where DOES the line get drawn?

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Just think how much better everyones lives would be if they didnt have to worry about putting food on the table. You could just open an envelope for the day that told you what you could to eat that day. No more nagging decisions on what is for dinner.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by damwel

Yeah it is kind of like food stamps but for EVERYBODY, whether they want it that way or not. Just think of it as Single Payer Food.

[edit on 8/5/2009 by grapesofraft]

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
If you think about it, they will never control the cost of healthcare as long as people live unhealthy lifestyles.

drink too much beer-accident=hospital

eat too many greasy hamburgers-heart attack=hospital

smoke too much-cancer=hospital

not enough exercise-obesity=hospital

digging in the wrong hole-venereal disease=hospital

I suspect healthcare is stage one. Controlling what you eat and how you live will come in later stages.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by grapesofraft
reply to post by breakingdradles

Well they are taking away your right to choose what is best for your health so why not just give up all of our rights and get out of the way so they can help us to be healthy while also reducing costs.

So your willing to trade your remaining rights so that your neighbors can be healthy???

You do not deserve liberty or freedom, please turn in your rights to your local government.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Great points and a star for you. I guess we should encourage them to remove alcohol and tobacco from the shelves so they can save us from our own poor decision making skills.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
While your at it why not just have them regulate how you take a bath, make love to your wife and maybe what time to get up in the morning.

I don't know about you but I'm perfectly capable of taking care of myself. If you want the government to run every aspect of your life feel free to join the military.

So you think because the food company's are making less than nutritious food and are more concerned with money that WE are the ones that need to be regulated??? WTF!

Bunching the whole population up together in a parent like society because some retard cant stop eating after his 2d bucket of ice cream is insane.

Bad idea....

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Digital_Reality

While your at it why not just have them regulate how you take a bath, make love to your wife and maybe what time to get up in the morning.

Well if we find certain peoples bath choices or sexual acts to lead to a higher rate of injury then I guess they will need to regulate that. Anal sex should probably be made illegal since it tears the tissues and leads to greater spread of disease.

I would appreciate it if they regulated when I wake up and get to bed. I have a hard time going to sleep and a harder time waking up. Maybe they can assign someone to take that over for me.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by grapesofraft

Save yourself the trouble of living if you think like that and just find a bridge and take a swan dive.

The best part of being alive is being free. Without freedom what is the point?

You can't be serous btw...

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I'm sure some lawyers can argue that nationalized healthcare does cover food and shelter.

Like exposure and hunger aren't health related issues?

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
It's been done before... it can happen again. FDR and his administration paid farmers to not grow food in order artificially raise the price. If they can control it they will.

link   
Obviously people are not picking up on the sarcasm of the post.

On topic though I think it is a great idea, the government should control everything. Sex included, I mean hell we are over populated anyway, the sex should be rationed out and monitored just to make sure nothing pleasurable comes from it. It should only be done to procreate the species.

Food rationing is great! Everyone gets to eat, no-one takes more than their share. Just make people work for the ability to receive these government benefits. No more pay required anything you need will be given to you by your government. Uncle Barry will make sure we are all well taken care of.

Oh we can let the government own your house, renovate it to make room for more people because honestly, do you REALLY need all that space. We could take care of the homeless and illegal immigrants ( I am sorry I mean "Undocumented Workers") in the country.

Take your vehicles away into government ownership, make it dedicated to a group of 10-15 people to use because not everyone has a car and it is their God given right. Shame on you for working and providing things for yourself. Let the government have it, ration it out and everyone is equal.

Make sure you attend the 2 minute of hate today.

[edit on 5-8-2009 by Doom and Gloom]

link   
Where does the line get drawn?!?

It should have been ages ago, but at this point I suspect there never will be any line what so ever, because increasingly people are more than happy enough to sit by and let the government decide what is and isn't best for them. If there really was a line to be drawn then it would have happened already, but its not going to, so I see what grapes is saying; lets just go ahead and get the whole thing over with and let them have the rest of the control they desperately crave over us, because its obvious its going to happen anyway.

link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

A star for you. Great point. I didnt even think of shelter. I guess we should nationalize the housing industry as well to make sure everyone has their needs met.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by doublehelix

They still pay farmers not to grow some crops. This isnt about fixing the price up, this is about fixing the price down, but what does it really matter the government is going to pay for it. All we have to do is tax that evil wealthiest 1%.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doom and Gloom
Obviously people are not picking up on the sarcasm of the post.

On topic though I think it is a great idea, the government should control everything. Sex included, I mean hell we are over populated anyway, the sex should be rationed out and monitored just to make sure nothing pleasurable comes from it. It should only be done to procreate the species.

Food rationing is great! Everyone gets to eat, no-one takes more than their share. Just make people work for the ability to receive these government benefits. No more pay required anything you need will be given to you by your government. Uncle Barry will make sure we are all well taken care of.

Hmm well I think we should still keep the pleasure in, but within healthy limits. Like, I dont want to pay for some guys liftetime supply of AIDS cocktails just because he lost at butt roulette.

Good old Uncle Barry will feed us, protect us, and powder our butts each night before we go to bed as long as we are compliant and work within the rules.

Food for all!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join