It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fan Drinks Petrol To Be Like Transformers.

page: 1

join
share:
CX

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I read this on the Sky News website today, a boy in China wanted to be a little too much like his Transformer film characters, so he started drinking petrol.

A 14-year-old boy in China has been drinking petrol to be like his Transformers movie heroes Optimus Prime and Bumblebee, reports say.

"Since the boy watched the film, he started drinking gasoline to become a valiant fighter," the West China Metropolis newspaper reported, citing his father.

Optimus Prime, a main character in the Transformers movies and cartoons, is a huge robot that can turn into a truck.

Source: Fan Drinks Petrol To Be Like Transformers

Other than drinking the petrol, what struck me as odd is the fact that this was an intelligent 14 year old, apparently clever enough to repair telly...yet not clever enough to know that you do not drink petrol?

An odd one indeed.

CX.

[edit on 5/8/09 by CX]

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I saw this somewhere last week online and wasnt too surprised. Some people get a little obsessed with film characters and heck these are computer generated ones! Sounds like this kid needs his head checked. I love Buffy but I am not about to go out at night and stalk cemetaries for vampires and demons for heavens sake. Some people just cant separate reality from fiction!

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Sounds to me as if there is yet another prime candidate to be considered for the dubious "honor" of being a recipient of a Darwin Award

Funis Duo

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Of course, my heart goes out to the parents.......

but serious folks....................

When I was a young child, I never jumped out of a building saying I am superman.

I never drowned myself saying I am aqua-man......

You see my point, seriously, oh so very seriously, what "IS" with thses kids????

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Fairly amusing ... when I was a kid I lost count of the number of kids breaking arms and legs jumping off roofs trying to be like their favourite super hero.

Little boys are dumb. Never heard of little girls doing this (but then again they would hold fantasy tea parties and make mud cake and attempt to feed their dolls)

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by CX

a lot of people are very impressionable and are not grounded in reality; usually extremely gullible...sometimes its a lifetime trait

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by reject

You are you trying to tell me that as a child running around with a superhero cape saying I am,"fill in superhero"........

I always knew I was playing ands I was not tyhe superhero and I had no super powers.

Are you telling me as a young child, I was more aware than a 14year old???

scary, truely scarey

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
yet im 20 years old and i would reject a girl and go play yu gi oh gx with a gba emulator xaxaxa i know i suck
well hes not a machine so he wont get a machine by drinking petrol what the...

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I am sitting here with my 9 and 10 year old boys, both fans of the movies and the series, however they are just stunned that anyone would be that short bus sighted! They went on to ask if the boy was a window licker?

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by CX

There's always one

Skitz

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Kids are stupid. Always have been.

14 is way too old to be this stupid.

Unless there is some severe retardation going on there is no excuse for a 14 year old to be this stupid. I've known 14 year olds to own and operate businesses and farms. None of them were all that bright either.

Letting him guzzle the gas until he dies is the best thing for everyone. The parents can move on, society wont have to pay the long-term cost of dealing with his stupidity be it criminal or dependence, and his parents can focus on their own lives or, if China will allow it, the life of another child.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   
I never knew that gasoline was addictive. Learn something new every day.

And like the rest of you, I'm shocked that this actually happened. I never ate spinach expecting to grow Popeye muscles.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 03:22 AM
link   
These quotes are from the article from SkyNews. It appears he was quite intelligent before he started drinking gasoline.

"Since my son started drink gasoline, his intelligence dropped sharply.

"Before that, he was a very smart boy, and he could even repair the television. But now he does not know the answer of seven plus 17."

The teenager's mother also told how the teenager likes to inhale the liquid gas in lighters and has stolen lighters from a grocery store

The gasoline contains a lot of lead, which can do harm to people's brain," Peng Houquan, a doctor at the hospital said.

I didn't know that China had lead in their gasoline. He's basically a crackhead now. Where were the parents while all of this was going on? The doctor also said that his entire body has suffered serious damage from the leaded gasoline.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Sounds more like a clever coverup on the Moms part for the kid huffing the gas fumes to get high, not drinking it. He'd more than likely be dead if he really drank it.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by darklife

That is a truely sick and demented statement you made.

I also fear that it makes far more sence than anything else said yet.

So I ask all of ATS, what is worse?

1) a child that drinks gasoline because he thinks he is a transformer

or

2)A child who is addicted to huffing and who's parents are too embarassed to get the child help and lie to cover their own rears.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by mrmonsoon

Damn man, you got everyone by the balls there. EIther way, the parents refused to intervene. Just can't see how they stood idly by and watched him decompose like that. Baffled.

top topics

join