It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moon UFO. Can you tell me what this is?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy

I agree that it's odd that two members have caught the exact same thing from two different locations and times, and no one seems that interested. I don't know what to say to that.

Seems to be a case of "it simply can't be real, so it must be a camera artifact".

Except it clearly isn't a camera artifact, and two seperate videos from two different sources only reinforces that.

Maybe it's just swamp gas from all those big swamps on the moon, eh?

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   

I agree that it's odd that two members have caught the exact same thing from two different locations and times, and no one seems that interested. I don't know what to say to that.

I don't think it's a lack of interest MrWupy. Certainly not on MY part. I was sort of waiting for another clip. I wish I knew how to make things show up better, or zoom in or something.

I ALWAYS think it's 'something' and somebody always makes me feel like a dork saying it's just a bird, or something, and I just don't have any way to prove anything...

It was almost twenty years ago when I saw my first video of something huge moving across the face the moon. Since then, I've been convinced of crafts we don't understand, but can get lucky enough to catch on video.

In about '97 I tried to make my first video of the moon. My camera sucked. if nothing else, my friend. you will help us all learn a little more about videography of our favorite rock.

I am being very honest with you when I express that this is one of THE BEST videos I have ever seen of the moon. There was a little haze, aura type stuff and it could have stood to be a little more clear, but I was completely impressed. It's THIS type of video that I want to make, so you keep it up, because I'm going to need your help.

If you build it, they will come.
If you keep looking, you will eventually find what you're after. It's just not o 'our' time. There is a bigger clock at work. Keep the faith!

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by KSPigpen

If you build it, they will come.
If you keep looking, you will eventually find what you're after. It's just not o 'our' time. There is a bigger clock at work. Keep the faith!

I've got the faith. I'm now on the market for a telescope and I know how to rig a computer camera to the scope so I can record in Hi Def. (I hope) It may take some trial and error.

This is fun though. I've been enjoying it.

I was out shooting the moon again tonight but haven't had the time to review what I shot. Tomorrow for sure.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by mrwupy

I think there are 2 aspects as to why members are being cautious with comments:

1. There is not a whole lot of detail available from your video.

2. If it is something near the moon, then as you say, it is hundreds of miles in diameter which somewhat boggles the mind. It's simply a huge, huge leap to that way of "thinking".

IMHO both issues make it a hard one to discuss.

Regarding Azzlin's picture of the object possibly being outlined in front of the moon, can we be sure that's actually what we're looking at? If so, that's very interesting.

It would also be interesting if a photography / video expert such as Depthoffield dropped in here for a look. I might U2U him & see if he wants to comment.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sam60

It would also be interesting if a photography / video expert such as Depthoffield dropped in here for a look. I might U2U him & see if he wants to comment.

Let him know I have the footage direct from my camera and will share it with no problem.

I'm not claiming it's aliens or anything, I'd just like to know what the heck it is.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Let him know I have the footage direct from my camera and will share it with no problem.

I'm not claiming it's aliens or anything, I'd just like to know what the heck it is.

OK - shall do

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 02:29 AM
link   

2. If it is something near the moon, then as you say, it is hundreds of miles in diameter

I don't think it's that big actually, I estimate it'd be about 30 miles in diameter. So still huge, just not hundreds of miles huge.

Looking forward to further investigation

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Clickfoot

2. If it is something near the moon, then as you say, it is hundreds of miles in diameter

I don't think it's that big actually, I estimate it'd be about 30 miles in diameter. So still huge, just not hundreds of miles huge.

Looking forward to further investigation

Out of interest.....

How do you estimate a size of 30 miles?

If it is something near the moon (& I said "if"), I would have thought (well, guessed) it would be much bigger than 30 miles in size.

[edit on 8-8-2009 by Sam60]

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Just a very rough esimation based on the diameter of the moon (about 2150 miles) and then measuring pixels. Not particularly scientific I know

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 03:41 AM
link   
I am not religious at all, but believe in the spiritual....... and, well, last night I was out staring and staring at it (yet too lazy to get my telescope, lol) and the star that appeared when "Jesus was born" popped into my head.......

Could be a wayyyyyyyyyy out there thing to think or say, and wayyyyy wrong or off course, but that is what popped into my head, lol.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Clickfoot
Just a very rough esimation based on the diameter of the moon (about 2150 miles) and then measuring pixels. Not particularly scientific I know

Well fair enough....

That's a lot more scientific than my own very quick guess.

I just looked back through the thread. For what it's worth, the op made an estimate of "hundreds of miles" (see page 3). Perhaps he just guessed very quickly like I did.

Oh well... I hope a photography / video expert jumps in. I U2U'd Depthoffield in case he wants to comment.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Depthoffield said that although he is presently pushed for time, he would like to look at your direct footage.

He said that he would be very grateful if you could U2U him & arrange a means of downloading your footage to him.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Oh well... I hope a photography / video expert jumps in. I U2U'd Depthoffield in case he wants to comment.

I was selling professional cameras to work my way through college studying physics so I had to know a lot about the the cameras and photography (not to mention optics in physics etc), I'd say that makes me somewhat knowledgeable though not an expert as I'm not familiar with the latest and greatest equipment. Speaking of equipment, mrwupy did you post the details of the camera make/model and lens make/model used for this shot? That might help. I too am interested to see what an expert says who is more current on the latest equipment, but from my experience I'm pretty sure it's something close to the camera. Could be a condensation droplet on the lens, I suspect that's what it is.

There is one reason I can say it's probably not anywhere near the moon. Watch the edge of the moon closely at it nears the object, and you'll see a small amount of jitter in the motion of the moon that could be caused by a slight breeze on the tripod shaking the camera slightly. If the object was say orbiting the moon, then the effect of this jitter would have the object orbiting the moon, moving along with the moon during the jitter, and it doesn't. The object stays stationary with respect to the camera.

Originally posted by letthereaderunderstand
reply to post by mrwupy

Just found this on Lindasufos. Perhaps they are similar in nature?

Peace

That's most likely a bird or an insect, it looks nothing like the mrwupy video.

[edit on 8-8-2009 by Arbitrageur]

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Thanks Arbitrageur....

I've just looked at that again (& again & again....) in full screen mode on my (very good) monitor.

I believe I can see what you are describing regarding the "jitter", although I cannot see it very "easily".

I also noticed a distortion wherein the "object" & the "moon" seemed to distort & "join up" prior to the object passing in front of the edge of the moon.

I think that would further support your position.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur
mrwupy did you post the details of the camera make/model and lens make/model used for this shot? That might help.

I posted the camera make and model back on page 1. The lens is a Carl Zeiss Vario-Tessar 1,8/2,5-62,5.

Hope that helps.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   

mrwupy did you post the details of the camera make/model and lens make/model used for this shot? That might help.

I posted the camera make and model back on page 1. The lens is a Carl Zeiss Vario-Tessar 1,8/2,5-62,5.

Hope that helps.

Sorry, I missed that on page 1. Actually this part helps: "I also had a UV filter on the lens." If it was on the lens itself I'd expect it to be fuzzier, but if it's on the filter it could be a little less fuzzy, which it is.

That's the first thing I do when I buy a camera, is put a UV lens on it, it's much easier to keep the filter clean than the actual lens. Good idea.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Sorry, I missed that on page 1. Actually this part helps: "I also had a UV filter on the lens." If it was on the lens itself I'd expect it to be fuzzier, but if it's on the filter it could be a little less fuzzy, which it is.

But I took 20 1 minute shots of the Moon. This only occurred on one of those shots. If it were on the lens or the filter it should have at least distorted something in the other 19 shots. It did not.

Still, I'm not claiming this is anything other than an anomaly that popped up while I was having fun filming the moon.

Tell you what though, I'm getting better optics and recording equipment. I want to catch something like that in HD.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Tell you what though, I'm getting better optics and recording equipment. I want to catch something like that in HD.

Hey when you catch that in HD I'd like to see it!

I'm not saying this explains your video (obviously it doesn't), but when I saw this picture, it made me think of this thread, so I had to post the link. It's an awesome photo, I hope it makes someone else smile like it did me.

If your HD photos turn out this good you can publish them!!!!!

Photo of object just over the surface of the moon (apparently):
www.airliners.net...(F)/1526441/

Edit- ATS is exhibiting it's occasional inability to properly create certain links. If you want the link you have to click "quote" like you're going to reply, the get the link from there and copy and paste into your browser. Since ATS can't handle the link, I posted the photo.

[edit on 28-8-2009 by Arbitrageur]

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Hey when you catch that in HD I'd like to see it!

I'm not saying this explains your video (obviously it doesn't), but when I saw this picture, it made me think of this thread, so I had to post the link. It's an awesome photo, I hope it makes someone else smile like it did me.

If your HD photos turn out this good you can publish them!!!!!

Photo of object just over the surface of the moon (apparently):
www.airliners.net...(F)/1526441/

Edit- ATS is exhibiting it's occasional inability to properly create certain links. (The link stops at the open parenthesis character). If you want the link you have to click "quote" like you're going to reply, the get the link from there and copy and paste into your browser. Since ATS can't handle the link, I posted the photo.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Check out this link I found.

The Expanding Case For The UFO - by M K Jessup.pdf

www.scribd.com...

or

www.megaupload.com...

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join