It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drinkable Water for Everyone

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Drinkable Water for Everyone

www.ted.com

Too much of the world lacks access to clean drinking water. Engineer Michael Pritchard did something about it -- inventing the portable Lifesaver filter, which can make the most revolting water drinkable in seconds. An amazing demo from TEDGlobal 2009.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I'm sure other videos have been posted about unclean water turned into drinking water. Hopefully more people find out about this so we can start helping families around the world with clean drinking water. Great Video by a man trying to change the world. We need more people like him in the world. Link is below.

www.ted.com...

www.ted.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
That's brilliant and as soon as I get a job again, I'm going to buy one.

They cost a pretty penny, but I think in an emergency situation, $100 would be well spent if you had clean water to drink.

[edit on 4-8-2009 by Ventessa]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
My Katadyn pocket filter has been doing this for a while.

www.katadyn.com...

Is this solution just cheaper, the technology is basically the same?

(PS - Can't view the video right now)

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Ventessa

yeah I agree with you it costs some money and it would be a good thing to have in emergency cases.

Also, you can use it on hiking or camping trips to drink and cook with so it could be good to have if your an outdoors person

[edit on 4-8-2009 by billyg]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Retseh

I'm not sure if it is the same technology but this is the question I have. With all the money we spend on aid and everything else, why can't we use the money to buy these devices for people that don't have the clean drinking water? Obviously, the technology is out there to help people.

[edit on 4-8-2009 by billyg]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
How would you know weather the thing hadn't developed a very small hole - or an imperfection in the manufacture process was not %100 perfect... Something like that could get false confidence in water that you could of boiled with a little effort.

Good idea though, always good to see a person stand by their product.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by billyg

The same reason we can't provide complete healthcare coverage for our own citizens.

There isn't enough money to fix everything here, let alone there.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ventessa
That's brilliant and as soon as I get a job again, I'm going to buy one.

They cost a pretty penny, but I think in an emergency situation, $100 would be well spent if you had clean water to drink.

[edit on 4-8-2009 by Ventessa]

nice!

that is an awesome idea. there is more than enough water on this planet. no excuse for people dying of thirst.

top topics

join