It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inform on thy neighbor, please

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by indy0725

Yes. Fishy.... To the points of view of the government. They clearly say that if you hear something in your causal conversations or emails, etc etc, that does not go in line with the government's views, report them.

I'm sorry, but when you report something as fishy when it comes to opinions on policy, you are in essence partaking in controlling society to think a certain way. Not only does it violate the freedom of privacy, it also creates fear.

You are wrong. The government is asking for you to report things that do not go in line with their opinion. And the very blog post it comes from contradicts the very document it defends.

It is double think, it is wrong, and a violation of privacy.

Why report them? Why is it needed. The government does not do things without reason. If it wants them reported, it wants them known. Knowing is control.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   

It is possible to read the whole thing as well as read between the lines.

Peace

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I say we take advantage of this and ruin their plan by using it against them. We should flood that email address with articles about government corruption and all the crap the government is spewing.

Show them who the real prograndists are...themselves.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91

Yes. Fishy.... To the points of view of the government. They clearly say that if you hear something in your causal conversations or emails, etc etc, that does not go in line with the government's views, report them.

I'm sorry, but when you report something as fishy when it comes to opinions on policy, you are in essence partaking in controlling society to think a certain way. Not only does it violate the freedom of privacy, it also creates fear.

You are wrong. The government is asking for you to report things that do not go in line with their opinion. And the very blog post it comes from contradicts the very document it defends.

It is double think, it is wrong, and a violation of privacy.

Why report them? Why is it needed. The government does not do things without reason. If it wants them reported, it wants them known. Knowing is control.

NO I am trying to point to you that it only says to report emails and stuff on the web that seems fishy but you people obviously don't understand that it doesnt say to report casual conversation.You read way to much into this.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Is not the fact that I read it this way indicate that most will read it that way and happily report it?

Trust me. Replace health care with racists or sexists, etc, and I would patriotically report the countless scum on youtube and all information i have learned without regret.

Sorry, but the way they word it is how I and, as you can see, most here interpret it. Failure to interpret it right is not my fault, ti is the government.

The fact still remains, above all else, they are asking you to report the private emails of dissenters. Violation of privacy. And the fact still remains that the blog post contradicts the bill, meaning double thing. Regardless of all else, those two alone are grave violations of freedom.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I have to say that thus far, the best idea I've seen is from the previously existing thread on this subject.

Please see:

Original post by badmedia

I say have a bit of fun with it.

Have someone email you the actual bill, and then forward it to them as fishy.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Theli93

That's creative......and wicked. I like it.

Other stuff;

I guess another viewpoint is the White House is using social networking tactics to track, quantify, and strategize against opinions they may not share. From a purely tactical and pragmatic veiwpoint.....what's wrong with it? Doesn't look to be much of a secret.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

To tie this into a recent news story, it's hysterical that the woman who 'got involved' by calling 911 on a possible break-in was demonized in the media yet our own government calls on us to tattle on anyone critical of Obama's health care proposal.

Hypocrites!

Star for you because IT is the TRUTH!!!!!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join