It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Replying to a thread with an 'anti-thread', cool or uncool?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Seems no question to me that these threads are flag or star hunters. I've been on here a reasonably long time and have seen it far too often - just seems childish and daft to me. Seasoned users get used to filtering out those threads and concentrating on original and thought-through posts.
Any forum like this will suffer to an extent but on here I've always found it reasonably well monitored!

In the time I've trodden these boards the systems ATS has used to highlight respected users - flags, stars, points or whatever - have changed lots of times. So much so that I've no idea where my lovely points collection has gone or how it's been replaced! I seem to appear as a fairly lowly user in the new system, where before I had a bag of points to play with....but in the end you get more out of ATS with patience than points, and I find the considered opinions of people who've put thought and time into their postings and threads more than reward enough for having to suffer the more childish and halfwitted contributions of a minority....

LW

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
reply to post by hotrodturbo7

Obviously you don't understand the content of what you call the "sham" thread...

Our policy is quite clear in S.O.'s post, the one you linked to no less...

New Discoveries
If your contribution focuses on a new, previously unnoticed discovery related to the birth certificate issues, please post your new thread in the Political Conspiracies Forum.

It's fairly easy to see that the "forged document" thread is most certainly full of NEW DISCOVERIES.

No need for me to restate anything.

S...

[edit on 8-5-2009 by Springer]

Not being a jerk, but that thread was started with another members research that was posted on page 46 of the Kenyan BC thread that got put into the hoax bin.

So that thread really is an anti thread and he reaped the benefits of someone elses research.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Springer

Discoveries that were found courtesy of a user participating in the original thread and copied

xyzer, I believe the handle was

www.abovetopsecret.com...

My reply has TWO rolly eyes!!!

[edit on 5-8-2009 by hotrodturbo7]

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by LoneWeasel

You'll find all your bling (points and whatnot) here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Just click the "Profile" button on the bottom of ANY post to see the authoring member's "profile"...

Springer...

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Springer

That's very kind, thanks Springer. I'm an old man and I find this Interhighway difficult to understand at the best of times.

If I had a pound for every point I'd got.... I still couldn't afford to buy a house. But they mean a lot in other ways!

LW

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by LoneWeasel

Happy to help.

Springer...

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by operation mindcrime
All nice and dandy but what if the OP of a thread refuses to respond to questions which might undermine the thread itself....
******SKIP******
Now all through out this thread from page 1 it was pointed out that the information she provided was inaccurate......no respons because it was clearly an attack???

I usually consider it as their way of conceding that they were wrong, but just don't want to admit it.

Now i plea guilty to creating two threads last month in respons to a certain members thread who never seems to care to much for argumentation opposing her/his topic..

I would just present my ideas/facts or whatnot in their thread, if they want to read it and respond, fine, if they don't, that's also fine.

I wouldn't waste my time starting a whole other thread just hoping this "member who never seems to reply" might respond to the new thread.

I always look at like this, if a member never responds to a post from you against their beliefs or "facts", it's either because they are conceding your right, or they just believe "they" are right and there's no changing their minds, and they don't even want to listen/reply to any opposing ideas/beliefs.

So like I said earlier, why waste your time starting another thread just to oppose their views?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join