It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many ATS'ers will get the H1N1 Vaccine if given a choice?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by FredT

I expected a heavy anti-vaccine lean but not this dramatic

If this had happen 20 years ago everyone would take the vaccine and think nothing of it. But today we have:

Anthrax mailed to the US Congress
a light shown on the US government using people as guinea pigs without knowledge or consent (my Mom was one.)
Baxter shipping a potentially deadly vaccine to several countries this year
200 people illegally used as guinia pigs dying from a vaccine earlier this year
The US government passing a law that the government and the manufacturer have no liability if they screw this one up
The vaccine is fast tracked by passing the usual safe guards.

And the real BIGGY. People no longer trust the government not to screw them. The rotten handling of the English FMD outbreak that wiped out lots of livestock for no good reason illustrates how badly a government can muck things up when the UN is directing their actions.

An interesting read is 2001 History of UK foot & mouth disease screwup Source

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
If it was voluntary I doubt I would get the shot because since the virus can mutate so it wouldn't be effective for long. Add that to the fact they rushed this vaccine through with very little testing, meaning there will be side effects that aren't immediately apparent.

I'll rely on my immune system rather than a needle.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by FredT

Hi,

I was pondering your post all day today. I was on a road trip; into Mexico. I live in the CA4, but was in, and out Mexico a lot during the original 'breakout'.

Everyone had masks, but honestly it wasn't that bad. I was watching the US News, and looking at what was actually going on. It seems like hype.

There have been several outbreaks throughout the CA-4, and Mexico.

It went from regular military/federal police checkpoints to WHO checkpoints. They'd come up to you with a hand held unit, and hold it next to your ear... I was on a bus when they did this. The EMS personal did their thing, while the soldier was at the front with his Service Rifle..........They were SERIOUS.

Now, with the numerous outbreaks, and not record amounts of death the WHO checkpoints have gone. Just regular drug checkpoints. The airports still have their checkpoints.

Now, where am I going with all the above? I won't get a vaccine because of the long history of the US Govt.'s abuse of the people. The list is long, and I only know a few.

The previous swine flu outbreak almost killed a family member....The one in 76'. They laid up in a hospital ICU for over a month from getting the VACCINE.

So, I understand your getting the vaccine, and your attributing it to the importence of your profession. I can respect that, but I'd have to wonder if not getting it wouldn't be more help to the MANY people you do help.

The same family member who almost died of the vaccine, had a child who is now a nurse. The nurse is already stating they will not take the vaccine, and will 'fudge the ink', or make their own paperwork to remain a nurse; without the vaccine.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Vaccines for the most part, I'll take. I've had them all as has my daughter. Just got a tetnus Monday due to an accident at work. We've even gotten the flu shots on a yearly basis except for last year. Just screwed around till everyone was out of them.

Have to pass on this one for the simple reason that it will not have been tested enough and it is too rushed. They are in too big of a hurry to force this upon everyone. I keep remembering hearing of the vaccine they came out with in the 70's.

That and everything else going on I don't trust it.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join