How many ATS'ers will get the H1N1 Vaccine if given a choice?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I realize that by and large this is an anti vaccine crowd
but how many of you if push comes to shove would take the vaccine on a voulentary basis?

Given my job, I will be among the first group that get the vaccine. I view it as an essential step in protecting myself but more importantly protecting my family. I do interfacility transport of pediatric patients who mostly come from outside ER's so Im exposed all the time to the bug du jor from some of the sickest kids and thier families. Same goes for people working in the ER, EMS, Fire, Police etc.

So setting aside forced vaccinations, interment camps, etc, please tell me if you would get it or not and why? We have plenty of threads to go over the evil drug companies and like issues, I am more interested in hearing why YOU would not and reasons for it

I will get the vaccine for the reasons noted above.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
If given the choice, my response will be 'No thank you'

most I know say the same and it's the same online, in the forums I visit

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
absolutely NOT.
but i am going to be really bummed if people start getting super powers!

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
yep and happily so. Personally don`t have any problem with vaccines, do not think that the BS science that is posted about them stands up in any measurable way. Medicine is not a belief based discipline its evidence based and I don`t think the evidence the anti vacc crowd have is any good. Quite happy to stand up and get slated for my opinion as I no doubt will but I do not think there is anyone here who really could debate it properly as most people seem to hold the anti vacc as belief rather than anything else.

runs for cover..............

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
They will be prying the cold steel from my dead hands before I am subjected to any vaccination.

Let me tell you something, I already dodged a damn bullett before with those nasty anthrax shots in the 90's.

Never ever again.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
If given the Choice I will GLADLY take the shot. I am ex military and I have taken more shots than Comedians have taken at Sarah Palin.

If a forced or mandatory vaccination program is started up I will use deadly force against anyone who is a member of a team on a forced vaccination program. I am very good at the art of disguise and I consider myself a very good actor. My goal will be infiltration, destruction and termination of persons from the inside of the program.

Even in the Military we were given the choice if we would get a shot or not. There was no one with a gun forcing us to take them. Anyone could at any time absolutely refuse a shot.

It might have had repercussions such as a prevention of deployment or even a general discharge from the military. But there was NEVER a mandatory vaccination.

Forced Vaccination = A Death Sentence for anyone who actively takes part in enacting such a program.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I'll not take the shot as I believe in riding out the storm so to speak and is better being used by someone whe has a more urgent need

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I am not against all vaccines either, but my question is, why take it? Tetanus yes! Whooping Cough, Measles, sure. But Flu? Why?

You risk a lot of nasty side-effects, especially in this untested version. Many people get flu symptoms for a couple of days after the regular flu shot. They are not guaranteeing that it will protect you. And the actual Swine Flu is a pussycat anyway!

Why risk the side-effects and get a little sick to avoid getting a little sick??

I'm sticking to NO WAY!!

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by TurkeyBurgers

Even in the Military we were given the choice if we would get a shot or not. There was no one with a gun forcing us to take them. Anyone could at any time absolutely refuse a shot.

A buddy of mine was involved in all those famous tank battles of the first Gulf War. They were constantly aware of biological weapon threats, and during one intense battle a commanding officer passed out little packets of dozens of pills. His only instruction was, "You don't have to take them if you don't want to!" My buddy took them of course, it was a battle scenario. He has been a little "aloof" or goofy ever since then, and he thinks it was a result of all those pills going in his system at once. He doesn't have the so-called "Gulf War Syndrome", but his intelligence and problem solving skills were certainly diminished by something during those tours!

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
No thanks, Fred.

Nice try & offer, but no thanks.

I will have samples to analyze next week. Then we will see if you really want the vaccine.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Nope, for me and my family.

we have already had the swine flu. So vaccinations would be pointless. As for taking the shot to prevent the mutant strain that they all talk about, any vaccination now would be useless against a mutant virus.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Truth4hire
No thanks, Fred.

Your welcome, but I have no vaccine to offer you
Just was wondering if you would take it if offered by your health care system not myself personaly

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Nope, won't take one any way it's given, or forced. I'll definitely either kill, or be killed before taking anything that's forced.

Hey, on a happy note R.I.P. to those who are rolling up their sleeves.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
No thanks. I'll take my chance with my own immune system, not some untested chemical/biological soup meant for guinea pigs. Anything that the government wants you to do, can't be good for you.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I had H1N1 2 weeks ago. I was told to get someone to collect Tamiflu for me and take them..

Bollox to that.. 3 days of fever and aching.. Now back to normal and I presume I'll have natural immunity now.

So my advice, just ride the storm. It ain't that bad...

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT

Originally posted by Truth4hire
No thanks, Fred.

Your welcome, but I have no vaccine to offer you
Just was wondering if you would take it if offered by your health care system not myself personaly

I know, and I know it will be offered soon. That's really whom the no thanks was directed at....

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Yes, but not for myself, to keep me from spreading it to others. This is important part of vaccine programs. Healthy people need to take the vaccine to prevent from being carriers, and infecting those that are vulnerable (an vaccination may not be effective).

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Nope, they wont be giving me anything.

Had one person in my household already who has had swine flu and i possibly had it very very mildly myself.

Im gonna sit back and let my immune system deal with things, I look out for it and in return it looks out for me. That system has never failed me so far.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Yeah baby bring it on. I'll gladly take it.

I have been taking vaccinations for 62 years. So far no harm.

Keeping current with all vaccines is necessary as I go to third world countries to work about once a year.

Had chicken pox as a kid so I got the shot last year to help prevent shingles in people over 60.

I want to get the small pox vaccine as soon as it becomes available to the public.

I believe it should be a personal choice and not mandatory.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Thought I wouldn't.
Came down with it on Friday night / Saturday morning.
Never felt so bad in all my life including hallucinations. (very much like a very bad trip!)
Felt a lot better Sunday mornng but gradually started getting worse again.

It had got to the point that it could affect the running of my pub so in an effort to get better as quick as possible I got some Tamiflu today and have taken two tablets.

I am hopin to see an imorovement tomorrow and hope to return to running my pub on Wednesday.

<<   2  3 >>

join

Off The Grid with Jesse Ventura and AboveTopSecret.com Partner Up to Stay Vigilant
read more: Ora.TV's Off The Grid with Jesse Ventura and AboveTopSecret.com Partner Up to Stay Vigilant