It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wedding Day Ghost ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
WOW this is a wicked picture that I just saw.................

A friend of mine posted a link to a "Psychic Times" mag and I came across this picture ?

Your views pls ?

Fake or real ?

Weird or what ?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8c19b1ddd115.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/00a2a1094f1d.jpg[/atsimg]

This is a photo of my aunt's wedding day. The year was 1942, and the photo was taken with a box camera. On some of my feedback I'm told it's not really there! Well, I know it is. This picture has been passed down. Please give me some feedback. I would like too see what everyone thinks. It was taken in Jasper, Alabama. -- Liz

The Wedding Day Ghost ?

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Gigantic Face Smothers

Wow that was colorful. I have no idea what you said though.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by blackwidow666

It's hard to tell not holding the original picture in your hand. Non-digital pictures are a whole lot more believable than digital ones but unfortunately, in order to post them on the internet, someone needs to make them digital opening up all the normal questions as to photoshopping etc...

Creepy pose though.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman

It's hard to tell not holding the original picture in your hand. Non-digital pictures are a whole lot more believable than digital ones but unfortunately, in order to post them on the internet, someone needs to make them digital opening up all the normal questions as to photoshopping etc...

Creepy pose though.

Yep with you there hun........................

Even with the old box camera's or Brownies etc....................pic's can be altered and changed.............

But there's something about the pic, that kinda makes me feel there is something about it thats real ?

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   

I'm guessing it's the dead mother-in-law of one of the newlyweds. She looks pretty pissed. Probably wasn't happy with the person her son/daughter was marrying and now she will haunt them forever.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Extremely interesting. Fake? or real?

I enlarged the photo and used scalar vectography to measure the angles. Pity the negative isnt here. Too much pixelation. Two observations for what its worth

In the original post in the link provided, the lady claims that the pic taken in 1942 has not been altered in anyway. Why would a wedding day photo of her aunt be so everyday looking?

The figure in the background seems to be reaching out / pounce(?) on the woman shown. Not that easy to replicate by way of angles in a context like this. However, notice the point where the sleeve of the left arm seems to overlap the image behind.

Cheers!

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Charismagic
Extremely interesting. Fake? or real?

I enlarged the photo and used scalar vectography to measure the angles. Pity the negative isnt here. Too much pixelation. Two observations for what its worth

In the original post in the link provided, the lady claims that the pic taken in 1942 has not been altered in anyway. Why would a wedding day photo of her aunt be so everyday looking?

The figure in the background seems to be reaching out / pounce(?) on the woman shown. Not that easy to replicate by way of angles in a context like this. However, notice the point where the sleeve of the left arm seems to overlap the image behind.

Cheers!

Hey thanks Charismagic

I thought it strange and odd about the pic and have blown it up myself as well

Just to see if it could have been a fake in anyway

I am a keen photographic myself and will be posting many of my "ghost" pics here.............

As I have done on my own site and other forums I belong too

My "guide" is always with me when I am out !

Blackwidow

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
spooky indeed. Looks real. Who knows for sure?

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gumerk
spooky indeed. Looks real. Who knows for sure?

My thoughts to the end !

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Sorceress,

You are welcome! Would like to see more pics that you have. u2u me your site details?

Cheers!

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Charismagic

Sorceress,

You are welcome! Would like to see more pics that you have. u2u me your site details?

Cheers!

Hey just sent you a PM babes......................

Tell me what you thinking then ?

I see you've been around here a few yrs like me then ?

Blackwidow

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Very creepy to say the least. I know the Jasper area, and oddly enough, a cemetery in nearby Winfield Al. has a legend of a haunted headstone of a young girl in misery. I looked for it online but could remember few details, although I think it was Musgrave cemetery.

A geographical connection anyhow.

Overall, pretty creepy.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clark Savage Jr.
Very creepy to say the least. I know the Jasper area, and oddly enough, a cemetery in nearby Winfield Al. has a legend of a haunted headstone of a young girl in misery. I looked for it online but could remember few details, although I think it was Musgrave cemetery.

A geographical connection anyhow.

Overall, pretty creepy.

Hiya Clark S

I did an article on "Musgrave Cemetery" a while ago................

Will look it up and see if there was anything in it lov !

Blackwidow

top topics

join