It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

when (gulp) the states takes over canada. we all know, btw.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   
it's surprising to me that this isn't something that's talked about more often

actually, i might be offended by the silence of the issue.....

in the event of a us civil war, canada will pay.

we will pay the ultimate price, imo.
our lives.
I have not met one man who trusts a politician up here, seriously.
i'm serious, not one.
from drug dealers to pastors, both of which i've been employed by, i've never heard the words "surrender", or even the implication of such ideals, while talking to them.

It is widely discussed....what the helll is canada?
we are made fun of rightly, and almost proudly, by the msn.
we did not go into iraq.
we DID however, go into afghanistan.

understand the difference between th two, and yo wil see our general populace is on the watch.

there is, to my knowledge, as a carpenter, not one man who would ever allow the north american union to happen while he/SHE, yes, SHE, is still alive.

that's all well and good, but if the states took it into their minds....lol...wtf could we do about it?????
the climate of canada is large and very diverse, our population; dense in areas that rely on the influx of goods..

i'm gonna make the claim that if anything happened, we would, pound for pound be a bigger pain in the ass than cheney on that hunting trip that one time.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Always thought the states of America had a little eye on your turf,
Why?? look at all that fresh water supply yous guys have the Great lakes must hold allot of fresh water OMO

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Look what happened when Canada tried to legalize marijuana -- the USA pushed its agenda right up yous guys' arse. The USA already has significant influence over Canada, imo. I doubt they would ever need a war to cripple Canada, if they should ever disobey on a big issue.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by heyo

If that ever happens and Americans start over stepping are territory I will fight back. Because I know there are quite a few canucks out there who don't like the yankee mentality. I still begin to wonder how far those SPP and NAFTA agreements went and if the North American Union goes as planned it's over for us.

[edit on 8/2/2009 by Big Oil]

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by heyo

The USA is a huge bully - fight them!

Here in NZ, we fought them - we said, "No Nukes!"

Guess what, Canada, fight them!

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by foxhoundone

look at all that fresh water supply yous guys have the Great lakes must hold allot of fresh water

The US has the Great Lakes, too. In fact, All of them expect Lake Michigan are "split" in half between Canada and the US. I don't think the fresh water supply is a reason the US would want Canada.

To be honest, I don't even think the US wants Canada. That'd be a headache and a half setting things the way it should be, what, with issuing Social Security Numbers and reorganizing the provincial governments to work as a State government does in America. Then we'd have to worry about silly old Quebec always wanting to pick up it's toys and leave.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by spellbound
reply to post by heyo

What are you going to fight with.. rocks!

You allow your governments to disarm you and wonder why you no longer have a voice. An unarmed society is a society ripe for the picking by any armed aggressor.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Always believed there was a conspiracy to own the worlds fresh/drinkable water, No offence was meant ,.. but isn't America going through some serious drought issues in some of its southern states.
I,m very anti private water companies it should be Govt run and administrated,
Even here the land of the green " it rains alot " We do not own are own water??
It is owned by the world bank and its based in New york. just a theory i have that Water is the most precious commodity around...

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 07:04 AM
link   
In order to give your post some historical merit one should look at Thomas Jefferson's outlook toward Canada.

He believed that Canada belonged to the US rather then to Britain.

Of course the French have another view of Canada...the True North Strong and Free.

Thomas Jefferson was a firm believer in an American "empire of liberty." He envisioned the young nation expanding into the entire continent of North America. He also declared that if America were able to "include the north [Canada] in our confederacy," then "we should have such an empire for liberty as she has never surveyed since the creation: & I am persuaded no constitution was ever before so well calculated as ours for extensive empire & self-government." Wouldn't it be nice to have Canada in the American orbit?
www.aim.org...

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I guess the Queen on England would be pissed if America tryed to attack Canada, the Queen is head of state and it's in the British Commonwealth.

Attacking Canada would damage the US's relations across the world.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Nah, the US has no interest in Canada - not in the sense of taking it over anyway. We're neighbors and all good neighbors should get along. Seriously, Canada and the uS are so much alike that there really isn't any merit in "integrating" the two ocountries.

All that being said, we're all aware that there are men bent on ruling the WHOLE world, Canada included - so perhaps we shouldn't rule out some nefarious attempt that orignates from the bowels of all that is evil and wrong witht he world. BUT... As an American, I can say that the majority of us view you as an ally and a good neighbor. I wouldn't expect to see the tanks rolling through Toronto andytime soon.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I guarantee. if it was to happen every able bodied man and woman would fight to the death to protect our country.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I've always gone with the belief that Canada is regarded by a friend enough by enough of the world that if the United States ever did try to attack us, we would have enough allys to be able to prevent it.

Having said that, I believe that relations between Canada and the United States are currently very good. The Americans seem to like us, and we hold no animosity towards them. Not to mention the fact that the only real resource that I can think of worth invading for is oil, which is shipped to the United States anyway.

In addition, I wouldn't go so far as to say that the great lakes are 'fresh water'. There is enough pollution and chemicles in them that it has begun to cause health concerns for people on both sides of the boarder.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by infolurker

Originally posted by spellbound
reply to post by heyo

What are you going to fight with.. rocks!

You allow your governments to disarm you and wonder why you no longer have a voice. An unarmed society is a society ripe for the picking by any armed aggressor.

You are an ignorant my friend. You honestly think Canadians are unarmed?
We like our American counter parts are allowed to have firearms, and we also have our share of illegal firearms.

Canada has many allies where if the US were to invade would receive a world wide backlash.

Sure we may not have a great big army like US', but our army is not stretched far and thin. So if anything, we would be protecting your ass if your civilians ever riot.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   
' Worldwide backlash' doesn't seem to count for much these days.

If it did, Israel would be sitting in the corner wearing a dunce cap and writing 'We are sorry' a thousand times

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Equinox99

Don't forget our biochemical weapons program!

Canada is second after the US (and Israel) in terms of it's biochemical warfare capabilities.

Canada has the potential to create a Mutually Assured Destruction type scenario on the North American continent. Sure, people in certain types of bunkers might survive.

And don't forget the Quebecois. They remind me of Americans from the 1970s, before they were totally subdued. They'd be trouble.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Equinox99

Actually, I was trying to make a point about the NZ poster (and yes, they are defenseless.)

I found it quite funny that his example of "fighting back" was "saying no to nukes / weapons"

Thus fighting back with no weapons.

I am completely aware that Canadians are allowed basic rifles but it was an attempt at humor.

Anyway, I highly doubt any military force would be used. We all will be sold down the river and lose our sovereignty through international treaties. That is the approach being used these days. Our nations will fall without a shot fired, we will wake up one day to find that our laws, freedoms, and sovereignty have been given away to a foreign entity and we will be told how good and necessary it is.

[edit on 2-8-2009 by infolurker]

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by infolurker

The intended humour must have become lost in translation.

What might be seen as funnier is all the Canadians and Americans, claiming they're armed to the teeth and prepared 'to die fighting'

--- yet more of their 'freedoms' are yanked away from them with every passing day

and what do they do about it

other than post in forums ?

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
What? This will never happen. Never happen. If Canada and the U.S. ever join as one nation it will be because both countries want it.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
The US effectively owns Canada already

The war's already been won

Talk of a 'takeover' is superfluous

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join