It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Question on Sexual Identity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Here's a question I almost shudder to ask:

How do you think one becomes gay?

Fire away...

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Oh god...not again. This is a CONSPIRACY board!!!

BTS please. (or trash bin if you feel like it, mods
)

[Edited on 10-5-2004 by m0rbid]

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 07:08 PM
link   
No religious conspiracy here!
I agree with morbid. Not a religious or a conspiracy topic.

FYI, fortinbras, I doubt one "becomes".

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 07:38 PM
link   
They wake up and are happy...

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Yeah...you get a sudden boost of energy and your gay....im very gay right now because my girlfriend and I just got back together
....im also very gay because my brother is coming back to live with us over the summer. Im always so gay.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 02:06 AM
link   
I dont think they'd just wake up and realise (unless of course you ARE reffering to happy) they are gay.

I figure they'd go through years of confusion and experimentation... I work with alot of gay people but i never really asked.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Actually, there is a tie in here with religion and conspiracy. (If I'm off the mark here, please tell me. I'm still new to this board.)

To many fundamentalists - and I include Mormons, Scientologists, some psychoanalysts and just about every denomination of conservative 'christians' - there is no such thing as gay. God makes (or so the argument goes) heterosexuals only. Confused people become gay when convinced to do so by predatory homosexuals. Gay people - this is a large part of what they call the Gay Agenda - need to convince young, impressionable people that it is really cool to be gay. And the process continues, on and on, and that is why there are gay people on the planet.

People actually believe this. There are Chick publications printed with this on them. Ministers bilk millions of people of their money by foisting this fear on their flocks. From some of the arguments I've seen posted about why God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah (and so on) I wanted to see if someone would try to produce a convincing argument for this. Okay, it was bait.

Sometimes I can't help being a master baiter.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 07:38 PM
link   
The world is overpopulates(im saying this for the millionth time on here) so if same sex partners want to pair up and maybe even adopt kids more power to them. It seems that being straight is becoming rare and more people are showing bi-sexual behavior. God is making people homosexual to help control the population.

It is good to be gay and I wish rainbows were still cool for everyone.

new topics

top topics

join