It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Star Visible every night in NYC

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Cds4344

yeah it could be but i've seen her it before, i've always looked at the sky but lately this star has gotten my attention. I'll try to post some pictures of it.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Only read page one but tonight when you are seeing it, look to the right of it for the big dipper, I ahve been watching that particular one for most of my life, it is in my favorite section of the sky. I think it is Venus, not sure though never studied the names, well a few.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
Only read page one but tonight when you are seeing it, look to the right of it for the big dipper, I ahve been watching that particular one for most of my life, it is in my favorite section of the sky. I think it is Venus, not sure though never studied the names, well a few.

I think it might be the Materya star every one is talking about i've just noticed it in the sky.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I have seen it here in London too, since July, at around one in the morning. I believe it is Sirius, since the festival of the Nile was held in July when Sirius was visible.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Salvatore_Rubberface

the space station is about the size of a football field at this current stage

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   

It sounds like Arcturus, one of the brightest stars in the sky. Though it would be more in the west than the northwest.

BTW, what's the conspiracy?

[edit on 7/31/2009 by Phage]

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lichter daraus
If its in the south and rises from the east, I believe that would be Jupiter. I see it every night. Venus rises early in the morning...

PEACE!!!

the other day I saw jupiter in the night sky. It was amazing , it was huge, I wondered what the hell it was for a while until I checked the skyatnight website.
Have to admit thinking it was a ufo for about 5 seconds

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

It sounds like Arcturus, one of the brightest stars in the sky. Though it would be more in the west than the northwest.

Probably is Arcturus, Arcturus is at the end of the big dipper, from east to west (from my timezone (21:00 CST)) Jupiter, Altair, Vega, Arcturus, Spica (slightly southwest), and Saturn .. To the south, the moon, and to the right of the moon is Antares.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Salvatore_Rubberface

Originally posted by -NewSense-

What part of NY, what direction is the object in and what time is it most visible?

Well i see it in Brooklyn in a Northwestward direction and i saw it in Manhattan at about 10:00 PM EST, same direction. I'll try to post a picture today if the sky is not too cloudy because we're getting a lot of rains here. And its very shinny like light is reflecting off of it like rays coming off of it. Its an amazing sight.

You shure you didn't mean SouthEast? From a viewpoint in albany, which would be about the same as anywhere in NY I see Jupiter big and bright in the SouthEast sky.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by -NewSense-

You shure you didn't mean SouthEast? From a viewpoint in albany, which would be about the same as anywhere in NY I see Jupiter big and bright in the SouthEast sky.

Thats what I was sayin. Its Jupiter, and Venus you see early in the morning...

PEACE!!!

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Yep, I've been seeing this bright star every night, so I finally downloaded Stellarium! Over the past 2 hours we have identified a bunch of stuff, and the REALLY bright star rising in the ESE at about 9:30 in N. Florida is Jupiter. With binoculars it is a very pretty star. Don't have telescope, but I may buy one this weekend!

For identification purposes, there are two lesser bright stars just to the bottom right. Capricorn is directly to the right and a little above it.

[edit on 7-8-2009 by getreadyalready]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join