It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oral sex lessons to cut rates of teenage pregnancy

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 12:29 AM
link   
From the first article:

Those behind the course stress the scheme does not suggest teenagers experiment with oral sex. Instead they say A Pause promotes the message that other forms of physical intimacy are safer than full intercourse.
'It teaches people assertiveness skills and that they should be only as intimate as they feel comfortable with,' said Tripp.

From the second article:

Encouraging children to start talking about feelings and relationships developed emotional skills that helped them to avoid teenage pregnancy, sexually transmitted infection and drug taking, she said.
The advisory group will ask ministers to give statutory force to sex education guidelines prepared by Ofsted. They say pupils by the age of seven should be able to compare the external parts of the human body, share their feelings and use simple rules for resisting pressure from strangers.
By 11 they should be able to express opinions about relationships and bullying, recognise their changing emotions, discuss moral questions and know how to resist unwanted physical contact.
They should understand the physical changes that take place in puberty, the need for love in stable relationships and the safe routines needed to avoid the spread of viruses including HIV.

What I like about this, in seriousness, is the fact that both talk about abstenece, on some level. They were not saying just use oral sex as a barrier, but undersand that it is a boundary and that crossing it can be dangerous. This is good.

Now Oral sex: an underdetailed history of two of my male friends:
These two boy's first sexual experience was oral WITH each other when they were 15. One, being 19/20, has nearly got his 3rd major girlfriend pregnant (had slept with all 3), and the other is the same age and still a virgin, with a girl that he intends to marry, who wants to wait until marriage. The difference--the girls they chose. the first went after those who wanted to lose their virginity like nothing else, or wanted a mass production of children, while the second went after a girl with morals. (I happen to know the girls, and I'm being accurate.)
Me, I was sleeping with someone months before I did oral.
To each their own.

I think, though, that for this to work, it needs to be taught as layers of abstinence and that we can regress, as we need...

Now, abstinence doesn't particularly work as an educational field, either. I've had everything from threats, begging, education on abstaining, explanations on why men are evil, etc. It worked until I was 21--by my own choice. It now doesn't, for the same reason; I chose.

Honestly, I think it would be best to make kids understand that they DO HAVE A CHOICE TO MAKE.

(Come on, we don't guard our women and children like we used to--the biggest reason why they were celibate--they couldn't GET OUT to fornicate.)

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by All Seeing Eye
If you truly want to combat teenage pregnancy, stop teaching them SEX education. I think its as simple as that.

The pregnancy rate didnt go up until they started educating the kids about sex. Time to go back in time on this one.

What kind of antiquated crap is that ??? Do you honestly think there were no furtive couplings in the back seats in Drive-Ins in the 50s just because there was no sex education ? Or if you want to go back even further then that to what we might think of as more puritanical times..please !!! These folks had some of the most rampant sex imaginable ! Only it was hidden from the grown-ups as it's always been.

Now..that said, I can't say that I honestly think that teaching the kiddies about the pleasures of oral sex is an altogether good idea, but ONLY because as someone else already said (I apologize for not remembering who or crediting the poster properly), sex should always be sacred and a beautiful thing between two people who love each other deeply.

The problem with sex education is in the approach. It's too clinical and too "informative" in the sense that it leaves no room for learning what should come naturally. It also assumes that everybody enjoys the exact same things, it applies a sort of connect-the-dots manner in what should be first and foremost a unique and individual (I consider the couple in question as One in this instance) experience between two soul-mates (best case scenario) or in the very least, a couple that claims to love each other.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I stumbled on this one late, it seems. I remember those days, back in the stone age, kissing, then kissing and petting, then kissing and petting and oral, then....you get the picture. Let the kids stumble around and figure it out for themselves. I can just see it, a parent comes into Jimmy's/Janey's room and see their kid having oral sex, the kid says "chill, Mom, I'm just doing my homework." As for condoms, let EVERYONE have them, they can do only good.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 03:22 AM
link   
This link seems to sum it up.

education.guardian.co.uk...

Sex education is not bringing down numbers of teenage pregnancies.

Do we really need to teach our kids how to 'do' any aspects of sex? Lessons in responsibile relationships and maybe meeting young parents who thought it "could never happen" to them would surely be more effective! The hormones and the pleasure of exploring will take care of of "how to do *it*"!

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Jesus, life doesn't change. It's going to be the same for the kids as it was for our parents. I think we should leave it alone. The only time that we, as a species, screw up is when we interfere in the flow of nature.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 11:30 PM
link   
That's a load of hogwash if you don't mind my saying so. Life changes constantly. The only thing that stays the same is this: you're born, you live, you die. Beyond that everything is different. Why less than 200 years ago, it was acceptable for a 13 year old girl to be married and pregnant. Now a days its a disgrace for a 17 year old to be pregnant. Huge dialectic shifts happen all the time.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr No One
Why less than 200 years ago, it was acceptable for a 13 year old girl to be married and pregnant. Now a days its a disgrace for a 17 year old to be pregnant.
I think it's because our average life spans have increased. But I'm with ya, there, buddy. I think 13 year olds should be having sex with me too.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaChaos

Why less than 200 years ago, it was acceptable for a 13 year old girl to be married and pregnant. Now a days its a disgrace for a 17 year old to be pregnant.
I think it's because our average life spans have increased. But I'm with ya, there, buddy. I think 13 year olds should be having sex with me too.
Ummm, NO! I am of the opinion that it is a disgrace for a 17 year old to be pregnant. 13 year olds should be playing with dolls and not even thinking about sex. Your comment was disgusting - even in jest.

You are correct about the average life-span being longer and that is why the acceptability has changed. That is my point. There are many other factors of society that have changed along with increased life expectancy.

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Your comment was disgusting - even in jest.
I'm glad you actually could tell that I was kidding. Very keen attention to detail. I'll be watching you. You might just be the one we were looking for...

By the way, you have the same birthday as my little brother. Congratulations!

[Edited on 12-5-2004 by DeltaChaos]

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 01:19 AM
link   

That's a load of hogwash if you don't mind my saying so. Life changes constantly. The only thing that stays the same is this: you're born, you live, you die. Beyond that everything is different. Why less than 200 years ago, it was acceptable for a 13 year old girl to be married and pregnant. Now a days its a disgrace for a 17 year old to be pregnant. Huge dialectic shifts happen all the time.

OK. What does that have to do with the issue at hand? BTW, I don't mind. You are talking about society from centuries of change, not generation to generation. 200 hundred years ago you could shoot someone if they cheated you at cards. What's your point. I think my point is valid. Let's leave things alone, we've been here for millenia, I think the human race can take care of biology. Politics, that's another subject.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 02:10 AM
link   
oral sex in school...well thank u president clinton for showing us oral sex is not sex at all...its just something u do to get aquanted with a girl these days ......

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 02:40 AM
link   
BAD IDEA!!! This will definately 'Blow Up in Their Face!!' (No pun intended, but joke was unavoidable.)

1.) Oral Sex, as others have said, is Foreplay! It doesn't take the place of Sexual Intercourse, it leads to it!!

2.) STD's are still a problem.

3.) The logic is just retarded!! If they are going to teach something, why not teach them to give Hand-jobs?? At least there is no fluid exchange.

4.) Or promote the hell out of Masturbation instead.

Nobody needs to teach kids about sex techniques or styles. What a F-cking joke!!! People who like this idea, (other than all the teenage boys in the UK of course), or think this is the answer are so lost it's unbelievable. Any parents who like it, or think it's the answer have absolutely NO CLUE, and probably have no idea what it means to raise a child correctly in the first place.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 03:34 AM
link   
There is know way this will work oral sex leads to sex it doesn�t matter what you tray or do oral sex it's a bad id�e for this.

I don�t think teenage pregnancy will be stopped easy Rader tray to educate them with preventing pregnancy by using condoms and pills but I fink the mane problem is on the TV where thy get the sex id�e from, I don�t say teens never had sex before sex wasn�t so full on TV, but from sex are more open on the TV teens sex urges started to became more and more seeing sex on movies and normal programs when I was about 14 the sex on TV wasn�t so full up as know so it did dint bordered me at all but know I�m 23 and seeing all the sex on TV wants me to have more and more sex.

This is gust my thoughts but there�s more stuff that�s causing this..

But my main thought it it�s because sex are more open and easy to cum bay�
TV, Movies, Books, Music and there it know where with it warnings to people and teens about pregnancy.

As long as sex it so open know we must except that teens will start having sex and fall pregnant so the people that�s not educated must be educated to be more responsible.

For me the TV, Movies, Books, Music gif the wrong impressing about sex and not the real meaning of sex like love and commitment, if you are responsible and not in a committed relationship and having sex for fin a don�t see any problems but be responsible.

And the sex lessons for five-year-olds that gust sick

[Edited on 18-5-2004 by vaswegpg]

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join