It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mind of the Conspiracy Theorist

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 03:00 AM
link   
I want to keep this simple, just to convey enough across, which has probably already been done here on ATS, on this board.

Please note: I am not referring to the intellectuals on ATS, those with genuine interests in discussing politics etc. By this i mean, those who aren't really conspiracy theorists, but 'conspiracy lovers'.

Please note #2: Although this can be seen as a generalization, it is not the intent, i do not mean to offend and am not aiming this at all conspiracy theorists.

---

You, the conspiracy theorist:

* Feel as if you have the need to have possession of some 'greater knowledge' that you wish to spread to everyone. This is purely to feed your own ego as the conspiracy theorist tends to believe they see something more, something the other cannot. Hence the conspiracy theories themself can become ludicrous and outrageous:

- Many of you are actually Aliens

- Holy crap!!! Third eye secret blocked by our own body...

An examination of these opening posters can find nothing more than self-revelry and their self satisfaction in having gained the interest of others out of nothing. All this does is further fuel the creators and further convince them of their special 'gift', in situations like these we are also shown the 'other side', the side that welcomes these 'theories' and shows their appreciation and interest. I suppose it would be unjust to label it the blind shepherd and his sheep.

---

* At times feel as if everything is working against you, so you try and connect the dots of your supposed 'enemy'. Some might consider this paranoia, this is where the conspiracy theorist believes they have further special skills that others do not, they believe they can 'connect the dots' within completely unrelated situations. You try and seek out what you believe to be these 'connections' and you do what is described in the first point.

- The REAL reason for the Iraq war... no, not oil !!

- The CIA/MOSSAD, AMAN/DIA did 9/11! [BASED ON KNOWN HOAXES]

---

*What i believe to be most vital, is that the conspiracy theorist believes all is connected to themself, that all is in some way related to them and their existence. This confuses the individual, so they seek answers. The conspiracy theorist, therefore, tries to offer sometimes simplified answers for a totally chaotic existence. This is where it all starts, and from here the theorist heads on to point 1 and point 2 above.

---

I love a good conspiracy myself and like to think i am open minded, but i believe in a certain 'threshold' which the individual should be wary to cross, not because there is authenticity and knowledge to be gained by passing, but because of the rope-less fall into a pit where the need for self-importance and submersion into paranoia may await on the other side.

Namaste.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Couldn't have been said any more elegantly. I have personally never cared much for all the conspiracy talks. What drew me to ATS was the metaphysical and psychological stuff. I do from time to time, look into some of the alien threads and 9/11 stuff, however. But some of the things I see posted on a regular basis are just outright insanity.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 03:30 AM
link   
The majority of posts you referenced to are trully trollers.

Also the ones are trully schizophrenic or suffer grave mental disorders.

Otherwise you have people that are borderline and tend to agree off of desires and intrigue.

Notice most posts are attack, but posts nonetheless, and causes it to be bumped up, and around around again, inspires a flag to come, and gets bumped up more.

90% of all threads in the top 10 of things, are false and made for trolling with correct wording.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 03:45 AM
link   
I'll start with asking what you people mean with 'trolling' posts ? I know what a troll is...

Second: I came to ATS for getting into the nifty secrets and theories of things that happens around the world.

Yet here you are saying the people here are 'insane' and are over reacting and talk about the 'forbidden' topics..

I realy thought here at ATS we go to the eXtreme in the purpose of finding out what is true and what is not ..
As I feel this thread goes more into 'scaring' folks from saying their opinions on things that we should'nt have any opinions On in the first plase..

That is how it looks to me at first, I do not know how much of this is sarcasm, but it felt like an 'go back to sleep, every thing is under control' kind of 'message'......

Or maybe I'm getting it all wrong, it is early here, on my first coffee..

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by ChemBreather

Don't know where i called anyone insane, and no it is not that kind of message. Just trying to discuss the extremities of conspiracy theorists.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by serbsta
reply to post by ChemBreather

Don't know where i called anyone insane, and no it is not that kind of message. Just trying to discuss the extremities of conspiracy theorists.

The insane part was me , not that Im insane, or maybe that even
but, I ment 'insane' as in talking too much and speculating too much etc..

Great, I got that 'sshhhhjjjj' feeling from it ..

Maybe some are going to the Extreme, I am because sticking to the 'common knowledge' realy removes the point of being at ATS, if you ask me !

(Serbsta did Not call any one Insane,I did that)

[edit on 31/7/2009 by ChemBreather]

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 03:56 AM
link   
I do think about the amount of people on here with schizophrenic and grave mental disorders. I had to take medication for depression for a few month's, but some people on here are just really out there. I worry when I see members posting threads about their own sanity. If I was having these feelings I would be straight to my doctor rather than post for advice of ATS members.

I guess with the people who are interested in these type of subjects your bound to get a few mixed up people. In fact if my mates new i spent so much time on here i'd probably get called mad too.

I guess i'm guilty of wanting to know the big stories first and be the 1st to pass the exciting news onto friends. I guess my life is pretty boring

[edit on 31-7-2009 by woodwardjnr]

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

Consider that your desire to post a thread chastising people for posting things just to feed their own ego, is just to feed your own ego, too. The only other reason I can possibly think of to post anything is out of genuine love or concern for others, which I believe is rarely the case here at ATS (or any other online forum), because then the topics would deliver more positive, loving, and upbeat messages.

Put short, almost everyone posting here is simply looking to satisfy their ego in one way or another, for one reason or another. Including yourself, because your ego is the very source of your desire to post this, to tell your audience these things.

You give no real reasons one way or another on any of the issues you mention, you just simply imply that the people saying certain things are just doing it to get a rise. Which is fine if that's your opinion, I guess, but you do remember that it isn't really an accepted form of argument. There is no reason to be frustrated that everyone does not believe the same thing you do.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

Nope, no frustration here buddy, and i completely understand what you're saying. I suppose im just trying to discuss what some of us might call the 'extreme' side of ATS, the 'above' of ATS if you will. Nothing wrong with that i suppose?

So no, im not frustrated that others dont believe the same thing i do, that's really the opposite of my character.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

Well still when you talk about the "extreme" side, who defines "extreme"? "Extreme" compared to what you believe, right? So that may be important to you, and others who think similarly, but everyone else is still missing reasons.

The Tao te Ching (an ancient Chinese philosophical text, printed in more languages than any other book except the Bible) tells you not to distinguish between your own beliefs and others' "extreme" beliefs, because in reality they in fact define each other, would not exist without each other, and so you get a glimpse into how you are creating your own reality out of nothing.

Ok, say that I say "this thing is tall." What does "tall" mean? It means NOTHING unless you are comparing it to something else, then suddenly there is a reference and meaning, that hey, this thing IS taller than this other thing. The concept of "tall" is meaningless except for its opposite existing, by which its own existence is given meaning. The beliefs you call "extreme" would not be "extreme" if YOU were not here to call them such; you GIVE the word "extreme" meaning by setting it up and defining it in such a way, but really it could be directed at your own beliefs, because ultimately it is all very arbitrary.

So what am I saying? You should cherish the fact that so many people believe so many different things. It's what literally makes us different people, by comparison to each other. You are what you are. No one else is what you are. I think of it more as a gift than a curse of everyone else being stupid. I haven't thought of a fraction of the things others have, but I wouldn't swap brains with them.

new topics

top topics

join