It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just consider, where the atoms that make up YOU possibly came from.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I find this an amazing thought.

It's possible that some of the elements that make up you and me could have originated from truly amazing places.

Some of the oxygen in the water in me could have come to Earth on a meteor, slamming into our atmosphere.

Perhaps some atoms of the calcium in my bones were once in the thigh bone of tyranosaurus rex.

It's staggering, we all have in us atoms from the beginning of time, back when the big bang happened. But parts of us maybe from the shot that killed Nelson, or the carbon that originated from the funeral pyre of Julius Ceasar.

In a way there are parts of us that were witness to some of the greatest events in history.

When I think of this I feel calm, I've been around for a lot longer than the date between now and my birthday says. My trivial problems pale when I think of my poor dinosaur cousin, long since dead.

Just take a moment to think about the origins of your atoms, ponder for a moment where you think you've been, from millions of light years away to millions of years ago.

Then think about where you're going to go when you're dead, and get excited.

[Edit to clarify the Big Bang comment, of course we are made of atoms from the big bang, it's what has happened to those atoms after the Big bang I was talking about!)

[edit on 30-7-2009 by kiwifoot]

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I like the idea of singularity the way Nassim Haramein explains it

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Kiwifoot I LOVE to think about this!

In fact the Theory of the Big Bang states that the majority of the Atoms that make up our bodies originated in the hearts of Stars going Supernova! Before Stars it is believed that there existed only Hydrogen and Helium. Hydrogen and Helium formed the first Stars that formed the other elements which formed new generations of stars that formed even more elements.

It is so crazy to think about. I can make up a bunch of names for Stars because they do not even exist anymore! I say I am part Anteries 44 and part Wolverine D 98 and part BWM M333. Who KNOWS how many different Stars parts I am made up of.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by TurkeyBurgers

Of course we have atoms from the big bang and the beginning of time... EVERYTHING does. I guess that makes the whole universe kinda special.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
All atoms since the singularity are linked right now,im linked to a star three billion light years away as we speak,and the keyboard im typing on etc etc.The whole quantum entanglement mumbo jumbo i think.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by TurkeyBurgers
Kiwifoot I LOVE to think about this!

It is so crazy to think about. I can make up a bunch of names for Stars because they do not even exist anymore! I say I am part Anteries 44 and part Wolverine D 98 and part BWM M333. Who KNOWS how many different Stars parts I am made up of.

Wolverine D 98, no way, I have a cousin from there, small world mate!

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
This made me think of the concept that atoms are replaced in the body.

www.npr.org...

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by cindymars

Thanks for that, very interesting, even more atoms with interesting histories than I first thought!

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
In the All-Oneness, we are all certainly from the same vat of matter. LOL
So if we don't like someone we may just inherit there atoms.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
My nose has an atom in it that used to be in an ape's little toe.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
The body of a caterpillar starts to decay and putrefy
due to over consumption. Right before the
decomposition begins, cells called imagining cells,
start to act differently. They start to exhibit a disk
that has the imprint of a butterfly created through
their imagination. Imagining a creature that is a
different species than a caterpillar.

One by one these imagining cells start to form
imagining clusters, preferring to practice their new
image for the future rather than the old dying
caterpillar ways they were trained to do with the
cells that are still doing it.

Immune cells attack these "foreign" groups to no
avail. The imagining clusters don't respond and
continue their "group imagining" until the immune
cells start to attack themselves and the imagining
cell clusters reach and cross the CRITICAL MASS
threshold.

When the imagining cells reach this mass of collective
consciousness the dna changes in the body of the
caterpillar, turning it's old body into a nutritive
soup for the emerging butterfly to feed on while it
cocoons. Pretty cool.

From deepak Chopra

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

I read somewhere that the elements which make up the earth and our bodies MUST have arisen through no less than FIVE generations of star-life/deaths-rebirths (cataclysmic supernovas with new stellar formation).

And that's just the matter in our bodies. Our true self, our consciousness, that's eternal and interwoven with the creator or the first/last cause of everything from unfathonable origins and destinies.

It's a miracle, something which when you really reflect on it, cannot be taken for granted.

The only possible response to this life must be pure gratitude and immense joy - that's probably the view the other sentients in the universe have, perhaps the only exception being the negative energies flowing from one single place in the whole of it all - Earth. But once Earth gets with the program and joins the fold, then the angels of the heavens and the sons of God of old, will sing a new song, and all creation will "repeat the sounding joy".

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaPoint
reply to post by kiwifoot

I read somewhere that the elements which make up the earth and our bodies MUST have arisen through no less than FIVE generations of star-life/deaths-rebirths (cataclysmic supernovas with new stellar formation).

That is really cool! 5 Generations of Stars. And to think it could be a whole bunch of different stars that all were the Fifth generation! It really shows how we ARE connected to the Earth and the Universe. Maybe someday some of my atoms will be inside someone else or even a different life form somewhere else in the Universe that rises up?

reply to post by cindymars

That NPR link was awesome! I have never heard of that experiment. It was neat to see how they used the radiation detector to track the movement of the radiated atoms.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by TurkeyBurgers
Maybe someday some of my atoms will be inside someone else or even a different life form somewhere else in the Universe that rises up?

Well that's just "stuff", what's most significant will be the role that YOU will have played in the continuing drama of universal evolution, the addition you brought to the grand scheme of thing via your own unique experience and consciousness - where that goes, and what it becomes is most interesting, as to the matter of your body, it matters not where that goes, it's just a speck of dust.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
That is definitely something to think about. Then again, how do we know that the original particles really exist at all? Since some in quantum theory say that matter is made of an energy wave that permeates the entire universe. And the crests of the wave are what make up the .000001 percent matter that we observe. If the wave changes shape for some reason, how do we know that the crest didn't vibrate down and another part of the wave become a crest and filled in that missing particle with another one?

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaPoint

Well that's just "stuff", what's most significant will be the role that YOU will have played in the continuing drama of universal evolution, the addition you brought to the grand scheme of thing via your own unique experience and consciousness - where that goes, and what it becomes is most interesting, as to the matter of your body, it matters not where that goes, it's just a speck of dust.

I do not have a consciousness that is separate from my Brain

My Brain IS me!
It goes into the ground and it becomes a Green Hippy Recycle compost.
But it is a really cool Brain so it is all good.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by TurkeyBurgers

I like your Avatar Turkeyburgers lol. "Bye"

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   
yes its a very awesome thing to think about, the universe is like one big spider web, we are all interconnected in one way or another....and how cool to think we are made from the stars!

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Here is another cool speech. It is by Richard Dawkins at the TED website. He quotes the biologist Lewis Wolpert....

"Science as opposed to technology does violence to common sense....Every time you drink a glass of water the odds are that you will imbibe at least one molecule that passed through the bladder of Oliver Cromwell."

www.ted.com...

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I've always thought of this idea but have since forgotten about it.... Thank you for the helping me remember!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join