It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 13 moon calendar.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
A natural year contains 13 months. and 4 seazons.

Why we are having 12 months in our calendar I don't know, it doesn't allign with nature.

questions?

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by etherical waterwave

Maybe this will give you more information....

www.infoplease.com...

In reality I dont think anyone actually knows the true date anymore, crazy in my opinion that so much faith is given to a system that cannot even give an accurate date. When are we really?

Where are you getting the 13 months and 4 seasons from if you dont mind me asking?

Who are we?

What are we?

When are we?

Where are we?

Why are we?

You did put "questions?"

Still cannot be fully answered by anyone with absolute certainty. Fascinating to think about.

[edit on 30-7-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
The Hebrew calender is based on the moon [new moon to new moon] and uses 13 months. Though not every year. This is because, in one year [from say, summer to summer], the moon orbits the Earth a little more than 12 times. Every so often, the Hebrew calender adds a 13th month so that the seasons don't start to drift. I think the Islamic calender is the same system too.

The Western Gregorian calender is based on the sun and it's movement as opposed to the moon. So, it too is based off of nature. It takes the sun a little over 365 days [365.25 to be exact] to traverse the sky and start back at it's starting point [let's say, summer solstice to summer solstice]. That is why, with the Gregorian calender, we add an extra day every four years--to account for it not being exact, so that the seasons don't drift.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by octotom

Cheers for the info, your post answered my main question there regarding the 13 months as well.

Any idea what date this really is though?

Just asking as id like to know ie the exact date in a number

Calendars seem to be nothing more than an organisational tool as opposed to specific dating records from where I am standing. It amazes me that nobody kept a specific counter such as day 1, day 2, day 3 and so on.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
The difference came when Civilization switched from being Tribal Lunar based to Urban Solar based.

There are still some cultures that utilize a Tribal Lunar based calendar with 13 months, such as the Islamic Calendar.

However, most of Western Civilization started following Solar based deities around 2000 b.c.e. and switched to an Urban Solar based calendar with 12 months.

Some cultures use a Lunisolar Calendar that combines the two, such as the Hebrew, Hindu and Chinese Calendar.

The Ancient Egyptians had 3 calendars that they used simultaneously. They used a 13 month Lunar Calendar for Agriculture, a 12 month Solar Calendar for Civil purposes, and a Stellar Calendar for keeping track of time over the long-term.

The modern Calendar that we use, the Gregorian Calendar is a Catholic Solar Calendar that replaced the Julian Solar Calendar (Roman based). Starting about the 17th century, the Gregorian Calendar became the universal standard worldwide.

The English held out using their Lunar Calendar until the Tudor period when the Julian and later Gregorian Calendars (both Solar Calendars) were adopted. Actually many European countries didn't adopt the Gregorian Calendar until quite late. Russia didn't adopt it until October of 1917 (even Japan and China adopted the Gregorian Calendar before Russia!).

A little known fact, the 13 month Lunar Calendar does rectify itself with the 12 month Solar Calendar every 19 years.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
A year on earth is 365,3 days. In one year the moon has a cycle of 13 months,....

365,3 / 13 = 28,1

from new moon to new moon it takes a time of 28.1 days. This is on month.

it completely changes your perspective of who you are, better what you are. It is very important to know this natural calendar. It gives freedom.

the gregorian calendar is like fake. You will live by the moon-energy instead of the sun by pondering on this, you'll feel a vibrational difference.

You will start by the new moon. With the moon as the center in your heart!

You'll be paranormally more efficient.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by octotom

that is not completely correct, view my post above.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

This is from Ancestry.com and speaks to 1752 calendar change. Visit the link for other changes that were made beginning with the Julian calendar in 45 BC. There is also a list of other calendar sites.

31 December 1750 was followed by 1 January 1750
24 March 1750 was followed by 25 March 1751
31 December 1751 was followed by 1 January 1752
2 September 1752 was followed by 14 September 1752
31 December 1752 was followed by 1 January 1753

Geez, maybe together we can figure out what year it is in the Mayan calendar. It is my understanding that it is not correct with current dating as we generally think of it.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by liveandlearn

It seems weird to me that people never developed a system that counted the days from that date. Strange that people would map events using astrology etc.

Maybe that says something in itself?

How do we really even know that all of the information is not false?

We only have people from the last 100 years ,give or take, to look too for the past living with us after all unless you are in one of those older generations.

Just doesnt seem right that man would not count the days of existence and instead choose to do everything else they have done.

Bit of a "Doh!" moment.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by etherical waterwave
A year on earth is 365,3 days. In one year the moon has a cycle of 13 months,....

365,3 / 13 = 28,1

from new moon to new moon it takes a time of 28.1 days. This is on month.

it completely changes your perspective of who you are, better what you are. It is very important to know this natural calendar. It gives freedom.

the gregorian calendar is like fake. You will live by the moon-energy instead of the sun by pondering on this, you'll feel a vibrational difference.

You will start by the new moon. With the moon as the center in your heart!

You'll be paranormally more efficient.

I think the moon calendar cycle deal is a fact of life for women...? Modern calendars can't fool our biological processes.

Thanks for the thread. Very fascinating info being shared.

Edited to add:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/79e9fbc9566f.gif[/atsimg]

Just sayin...

[edit on 7/30/2009 by eMachine]

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I'd go for a 13 moon calendar. It seems the most logical to me, the months in a gregorian calendar are fantasy. This should change. it is the most illogical. nothing matches with nature.

names for my 13 months? hm

each 3,33333333 months a season -- what a fit!

darn my mind????

[edit on 30-7-2009 by etherical waterwave]

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
emachine, .... I got one.

woman were introduced to the Illogical gregorian calendar, and because of it they loose theirselves, yes yes and get iregular menstruations. puh!

I can recall myself not being interested in what day it is. I was just in myself searching myself out. Time flies by. I had this inner watch to know what to do untill I exploded in a paranormal as some would call, a paranormal actor. All fits, all matches. Everything I say, I 'd go on my intuition. Just my presence senses what to do to get people in line, to give them more freedom. Without justice this is impossible.

There is something inside that just fits.? others?... it works.

[edit on 30-7-2009 by etherical waterwave]

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   

They could call it Decatemplary as its the 13th month in between january and december

All the months are named after gods or festivals it seems in the gregorian calendar anyways.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a calendar which starts at summersoltice or wintersolstice where the moon is new!!!!!!!! and then to go further amongst the years untill another summer or wintersolstice where the moon is new. and that being then, a century. We need different names for that.

So, the years are counted by the sun, and 13 months in that sunyear. this is it!

I'll give a giant pull to the earth so it stands alligned with the sun vertically, so there is no change in seasons anymore.

interesting this 13moon calendar.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

How do we really even know that all of the information is not false?

As in we were never really meant to know.

Look at one of the ways the Julian calendar was created.

In the sixteenth century, Joseph Justus Scaliger tried to resolve the patchwork of historical eras by placing everything on a single system (Scaliger, 1583). Instead of introducing negative year counts, he sought an initial epoch in advance of any historical record. His numerological approach utilized three calendrical cycles: the 28-year solar cycle, the nineteen-year cycle of Golden Numbers, and the fifteen-year indiction cycle. The solar cycle is the period after which weekdays and calendar dates repeat in the Julian calendar. The cycle of Golden Numbers is the period after which moon phases repeat (approximately) on the same calendar dates. The indiction cycle was a Roman tax cycle. Scaliger could therefore characterize a year by the combination of numbers (S,G,I), where S runs from 1 through 28, G from 1 through 19, and I from 1 through 15. Scaliger noted that a given combination would recur after 7980 (= 28*19*15) years. He called this a Julian Period, because it was based on the Julian calendar year. For his initial epoch Scaliger chose the year in which S, G, and I were all equal to 1. He knew that the year 1 B.C. was characterized by the number 9 of the solar cycle, by the Golden Number 1, and by the number 3 of the indiction cycle, i.e., (9,1,3). He found that the combination (1,1,1) occurred in 4713 B.C. or, as astronomers now say, -4712. This serves as year 1 of Scaliger's Julian Period. It was later adopted as the initial epoch for the Julian day numbers.
link

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by XXXN3O

Who are we?

What are we?

When are we?

Where are we?

Why are we?

I'll answer with my knowing of.

Who and what are we? We are children of the spirit, clever because of intuitivity. We are mind with a physical outcome, The thoughts of the body creates the soul. Beware, be gentle!

When are we? always, the instant.

Where are we? We are on a spiritual way. Nowadays, somewhere in a spiritual climb.

Why are we? because it is satisfying! physically and soul.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by liveandlearn

Kind of makes me wonder why people go through all this trouble over a calendar.

Doesnt make sense to me.

Interesting to read.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by XXXN3O

Who are we?

What are we?

When are we?

Where are we?

Why are we?

I'll answer with my knowing of.

Who and what are we? We are children of the spirit, clever because of intuitivity. We are mind with a physical outcome, The thoughts of the body creates the soul. Beware, be gentle!

When are we? always, the instant.

Where are we? We are on a spiritual way. Nowadays, somewhere in a spiritual climb.

Why are we? because it is satisfying! physically and soul.

You might be right.

I used to think about those sort of things a short while ago but lately I feel at peace with why I am here.

Dont ask

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   

hehe, you'll find it hard to convert someone to the thirteen months calendar if you would do. Subconsciously it is in everyone available.

It's a shift in mind!

the truth behind a month is the moon-suncycle and it takes 28 days.

the moon-earthcycle is the tides of the water. The moon turns quite quick around the earth each day.

getting closer now....

Question: How long does it take for the moon to travel around the earth?

Edited to edit all the -> [edit on 31-7-2009 by etherical waterwave]'s

[edit on 31-7-2009 by etherical waterwave]

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   

hehe, you'll find it hard to convert someone to the thirteen months calendar if you would do. Subconsciously it is in everyone available.

It's a shift in mind!

the truth behind a month is the moon-suncycle and it takes 28 days.

the moon-earthcycle is the tides of the water. The moon turns quite quick around the earth each day.

getting closer now....

Question: How long does it take for the moon to travel around the earth?

The moon orbits the earth just short of 28 days I am sure.
The moon rotates in roughly the same amount of time. Basically we see the same side of the moon all the time, hence why you might hear, dark side of the moon being talked about.

[edit on 31-7-2009 by XXXN3O]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join